Status: Active.

Revenge

Three

"Tom?" Oliver squeaked from the sofa. Tom's head popped up with a slight, faint smile on his lips. He didn't have to say a thing and Oliver smiled when he began again.

"Can yeh call Amanda?" he asked, finding it hard to push out the sound from his sore throat.

"Yeh. Why?"

"Miss 'er," he said simple. "Ask 'er ovah, yeh?"

Tom nodded once, then searched his pockets and his close surroundings for his mobile. He came up short and just as he realised this, Oliver handed him his own.

And the first ring after Tom dialled, Amanda answered with a cheery "'ello, Ollah!". Tom put his thumb up to Oliver.

"Actualleh, 's Tom," he told her.

She furrowed her brow. "And why ain't ya Ollah?"

"'e, er, can' talk well."

Amanda's furrowed brow of confusion instantly cnanged to worry and her breath caught in her throat. "W-Why?"

"'e's go' Laryngitis, or sumfin' like tha'." A small, hoarse laugh came from Oli, sounding distant for he was nearly across the room.

"Aye... Well, why're yeh calin' me from 'is mobile?"

"Coul'n' find meh own," he answered. "An' 'e said ter call yeh. 'e wants yeh ovah."

Amanda's eyes lit up and her lips spread wide. "'e does?"

"Aye."

"Tell 'im I'll be there soon!" she said, her voice growing distant toward the end as she'd already pulled the phone away and hung up the second after. Tom tossed the mobile, with a smile, back to Oli. The two of them were the best couple Tom had ever seen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Flashback.