Status: Active.

Revenge

Six

Oliver sorted through the papers hopelessly. He couldn't understand who had fucked his brother over, who had stabbed him. He closed his eyes and laid back, trying to remember the most of it that he could and all he could seem to recall were a girl's very long and lovely legs. They were skinny, too skinny, and there was nothing else he could pick out. She had run fast, then hopped into a car.

Oliver growled under his breath and clenched his fists. He was too angry, just all the time.

"Ollah?" Amanda asked softly as she brought a cup of tea and held it out for him. "I made tea..."

Oli looked over at her, then waved her off. He was in no mood. Right now, he was trying to find his brother's killer.

"Ollah..." Amanda whispered, holding both cups of tea at bay. "He's not coming back... I-... killing the girl won't bring him back."

Oliver knew this. "Shu' the fuck up," he hissed at her, then looked her dead in the eyes. His own seemed to be void of any love or happiness and they had been that way for quite some time.

"Please..." Amanda tried once more.

"Shu' the fuck up!" Oliver hissed louder, then knocked both cups of tea from her hands. He grabbed her wrists and pulled her up, then pushed her to the floor. He'd never done so much as to ever hurt her that way and Amanda burst into tears, looking up at him with fear.

Oliver could feel tears of his own begin to sting his eyes. "God damn it," he whispered. "Fuck." He let himself fall beside her, then took her hand, shaking his head. He let the tears freely fall onto her as he shook his head. "'m sorreh," he breathed to her, true sorrow in his eyes. "Fuck, 'm so sorreh." He didn't want to be saying sorry, but he never meant to hit her, he never wanted to hurt the girl nearly at all.