You're A Football Jock. I'm just your Neighbor.

How it all started

She stared at herself in the mirror. As she glanced over herself her lips twisted down scornfully, plain brown eyes stayed focused at her mouth. She tried to smile but the braces were in her way. She tried to smirk and throw a wink to the mirror but it just looked as if something flew in her eye.

"I really need a hobby..." She mumbled.

Today was the first day of school and she was a junior now. She nervously pulled at her hand-me-down sweater from her dad over her jeans in vain to make them longer and pulled her hair-tie out to redo her hair once more, just in case.

Her slender fingers worked her strawberry blonde hair into a single braid. When finished it fell back limply onto her back. She stared again, this time harder. Her eyes squinting for the details.

"Perhaps maybe once more will do the trick?..." She grumbled to herself.

Before she was able to undo the hair band she heard the familiar roar of an engine approaching and soon after a honk of a horn. She rushed to the window and looking out to see them. Her neighbor and his pretty little girlfriend. She quickly looked away as he leans in to steal a kiss from the lucky girl.

Quickly she grabbed her backpack and speed walked out of her house. Silently reminding herself that no matter what happens she will not, at all means, show on her face that she was in love with her neighbor and that she was jealous of his girlfriend.

"What took you so long?" Jessica smiled over at her.

She smiled back weakly and just quietly got into the car.

Charlene could hear Jessica mutter under her breath, "What a waste of gas and time..."

"I'm sure you waste more gas than me." Charlene thought as she looked out the window, "I live right next to Mark, there's no gas to waste."

Charlene smiled creepily a t her own thoughts.

"Look at her, there she goes again with that weird smile of hers!!" Jessica said in a mock jest.

Mark adjusted his mirror so he could see Charlene and stared at her until he saw her look back at him.

"Don't mind her. So, I heard you're getting your braces off soon from your mom. Sorry I couldn't hang out with you more often this summer. You know with football practice and all.... I didn't even had enough time to sleep." Mark frowned.

"It's okay, kid. What are friends for?" Charlene mentally slapped herself right after that sentence left her lips. What the hell? 'it's okay, kid'? who even says that anymore?!

Mark chuckled at the look on her face and continued to drive.

The car soon got quiet and Charlene notices how Jessica would hold Mark's free hand.

Charlene didn't get it at all. Not at all. Their relationship was just too perfect. It was beauty and beauty, there wasn't really anything about it. Nothing magical. If she had it her way it would be beauty and the beast; now that would be a fairytale.
♠ ♠ ♠
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see I suck at starting out a story but please bear with me for now...
I'm ending it short here because it's late and my brain is not working anymore..
*edit* I really need my friend to read this over! I re-read it today and noticed I had a few typos.. I hoped I fixed it all