You're A Football Jock. I'm just your Neighbor.

The Texts

Once Charlene had gotten out of the bath she stared at herself with the fogged up mirror before her. Using her hand she wiped a bit of it off to reveal her refection looking straight back. She noticed how when her hair is damp instead of the normal strawberry blonde hair of hers, the hair seemed more ginger then ever.

She brushed her hair slightly with her fingers and couldn't help but think what if she was Jessica? Would her hair be perfect? Wet or not, Mark would probably still love Jessica.

Charlene scowled.

Really, is there anything that Charlene can maybe beat Jessica in? Aside from grades but what else can she beat Jessica in....?

As Charlene pondered that question her phone started ringing.

She wrapped a orange colored towel around her pale body and walked towards the phone.

On the phone screen it shows that she had five missed calls and about ten text messages. Charlene stared at it, thinking to herself if she wanted to look at it or not, slowly her hand reached for the phone.

Those five missed calls were from Sydney and nine texts were from her also but one of the texts were from Jake.

All the texts from Sydney says, 'WHERE R U?!' and 'YOU BETTER TXT ME BAK PRONTO!'

Charlene rolled her eyes and smiled slightly, only Sydney would over worry about small things like this.

The one from Jake was a simple, 'Hey there butter cup!"

Charlene pulled out a chair and sat down while texting Sydney and Jake back.

'Don't worry Sydney, I'm fine.' Charlene didn't have problems replying to Sydney fast but for Jake she had to sit there and wonder what to say.

After a while of tapping the delete button repeatedly and a few moments of hands shaking from nervousness, Charlene decided to go for the normal, 'Hi.' and clicked the send button.

A few minutes passed by and still no reply. Charlene give up and started to get dressed then suddenly her phone rang and she rushed back to it almost tripping over her baggy sweat pants.

'Whoaaaa, you finally texted back! I thought you lost interest after you saw me in real life or something.'

Charlene chuckled to herself. She wonders why Jake would say that. Someone like as handsome as him can't be self conscious about themselves.

Charlene's fingers hit the keys lightly pausing every so often to find a certain letter.

After a few minutes she could only manage to type, 'Not at all... So, um.... How was band practice?'

Charlene rested her head on her desk, how awkward can she get? It wasn't hard to talk to Jake when she didn't know what he looked like but after she met him she's finally nervous. Her palms were more sweaty then ever. it's always hard for her to talk to beautiful people...

Jake texted back, 'Ohhh, no band today. I'm sick right now hahaha'

Charlene's stared at the screen for the next two minutes thinking of what to reply back.

Finally she decided on a simple, 'Oh... I hope you get better soon.'

Jake replied, 'Yeah, I'll try my best. Oh! You should come to our band performance next week end!'

Charlene tilted her head a little wondering that if she should go or not... Well, she did need something to get her mind off of Mark and Sydney would love to go too.

She texted back, 'Yeah, that's a good idea! I'll ask Sydney too."
♠ ♠ ♠
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh dear... I haven't been updating a lot! Sorry guys, I have been tired out by homework and other stuff... This chapter was so rushed and I don't like it that much but I think the next chapter will be more interesting?