Status: Hope you enjoy this one

On a night like this, a night like this

I'm always in over my head

The sun was ready to set, wind soft and slow. Clouds moved and floated majestically covering streaks of sunlight or what’s left of it, creating a kaleidoscopic effect in the sky, it was like magic. There’s a quiet hum of birds in the trees that concealed the place of special mementos.

Walking along the dirty path of the all too familiar park, where he grew up. He spent majority of his childhood in this place. He smiled at the remembered memories but when he arrived at the spot his smile dropped which was replaced with a frown. He took in of his surroundings, it was not the same place anymore. All the beautiful things that were left in his memories were slowly erased by the horrible turn out.

He lingered his eyes on the rusty swing, its rope was almost shredded and the seat was awkwardly lopsided clearly dangerous to ride on anymore while the other one was discarded in the side all shattered and torn. He grimaced at the sight, how was it possible that the only place that held all the happy memories was now presented in gore and dread.

This was supposed to be the place where he can just sit for hours and reflect on his life, what was then and what is now, clearly he can’t do that at this point. He walked past the penguin slide which had now cracks all over, he felt that with just a slight blow and it would turn to dust. He shook his head in disappointment. When he spotted the old well, he smiled to himself, at least there was still something good left in this place after all.

He walked towards the old wishing well, felt nostalgic by all the memories that came flooding to his mind. This well held so much significance in his childhood, call it crazy but almost everything he’d wished for that he wished in this well came true, did he say almost? Nah, scratch that, every single one of his wishes whispered to this old stone well had been realized.

So here he was, standing in front of the same old familiar well, it’s almost in ruins but still had its mysterious magical effect. He stared deep, probing as if he’d be able to see the bottom, but to no luck as always, it’s just the dark hollows. He skimmed to his back pocket, trying to dig out the coin he purposefully shoved down earlier. With a sigh he triumphantly held it, the coin glistened on the sun’s streak of golden ray. He closed his eyes and breathed in deeply and whispered,

“Someone. Someone who’ll love me for me. That special one who’ll be there for me through good times and the bad.”

He tossed the coin and saw it sparkle as it went down to the unknown, he heard the all too familiar clang and smiled. He left the place cheerily with a happy spring in his every step.

He went to the open field beyond the trees, the darkness spread fleetingly. The air was cool yet comfy that swept through the grass making it sway like dancing to its rhythmic beat. He decided to flop down and rest there for a while enjoying the serenity of the night that was gracefully unfolding in the front of his eyes.

After a while of just lingering at the star filled sky and letting his thoughts wander, he heard a scratch. He sat up and looked over to direction of the noise and there he saw a cat. He was never a cat person but there’s something different with this one, it was a Scottish ear fold and just the cutest thing he’d ever seen. He stared at it for a good five minutes, the raven haired cat stared back at him with its beautiful chocolate brown eyes. Did he just saw it smile? How could that be even possible?

So engrossed with his thoughts that he didn’t even noticed the cat sat next to him. When the hairball licked his hand that was what snapped him back to reality. He looked at it with confusion, the said feline started to climb up his lap and curled up there, seemed too comfortable with the heat his body was radiating.

Why he wasn’t even remotely grossed out was beyond him but having the cat cuddled up to him felt just right. He lifted the cat and cradled it like a baby, the cat purred clearly enjoying his touch and then not even knowing how and why it happened he dropped a soft, loving kiss to the whiskered cat. It meowed and the most unbelievable thing happened.

The cat was turning heavier and larger by the minute, he was stunned by this and let go of it. He jumped to his feet, not having the slightest idea what was unfolding in front of him, was this real life? The cat took the form of a human being, and not just any ordinary human being but the most attractive creature he had ever seen. Tall. Dark. Handsome. Yes, that flirty feline turned into a man! The most beautiful thing he had ever laid eyes on.

The man just smiled sweetly and started walking towards his direction, eyes sparkling under the moonlit night. Then it hit him, just earlier in front of that all too familiar well.

Be careful what you wish for.
♠ ♠ ♠
This has been a request in my formspring and she said that "What about fic, where Alex finds a cat, then kisses him and that cat turns into Jack?"
I've been contemplating in writing it but meh, here it goes, I hope you like it. :)
This wasn't beta'd. Sorry if this suck. Tell me what you think?