Bloodless

Draft

Derrick left the court room feeling empty. He had known what he was going to see. He had expected all of that. But he felt bad. he felt like he could have prevented it had he not said what he did. He had lied and more to the point he had been cought lying. The only reason he wasnt in trouble was because he withdrew what he said to practically condem Ben.
He needed something though he didnt quite know what. All he knew is that what he needed wasnt company. What he needed was some space. Some time alone. Some time away from what had happened.
He walked away slowly. Jenny had been inside. He wasnt going to wair for her. He took out his phone and text her. She had the car keys. She could drive away from there. For his plan he was gong to need to walk. Unless he planned on seeing Ben for drink diriving. Though he considered it for a minute he sent the text. It wasnt worth it and t wouldnt be what Ben wanted from him.
He cotinued walking through the town. Everything seemed so repetative. So boring and so dark. Nothing was right. It was almost like now Ben had gne Florida was in constant darkness. A happy sunny state with hundredsof toursists was now a dark pit with nothing but a endless row of blank expressions. Every time he walked passed someone smiling he wanted to cry. He wished more than anything that right now he could smile but he couldnt bring himself to do it.
He looked at the sign which read Wal-mart. This was happiness. He walked through the doors and to the alcohol section. He picked up a bottle of Jack and a bottle of vodka then walked to the check out. He ound his I.D and credit card, paid and left.
He hadnt so much as got through the door before he had opened the bottles and begun drinking. He walked downing the liquid. The strange thing is he felt sober. The whole tme The more drunk he got the more sober felt.