A Time to Say Good Bye

Let the friends take over

weeks went passed. She booked the funeral and told Ben. He was granted time to attend the funeral. Sure enough he showed up. He stood next to Jenny at the front of the service walking her and Shane down with the coffin. They entered the graveyard together as well.
Jenny stood over the grave as they lowered him down. She cried and wiped her eyes with her handkerchief. Shane held her hand to support her. She looked at him. He wasn’t crying. Only holding his head down. She took the roses she had held the whole time and dropped them onto the coffin praying for him as she did.
He wasn’t meant to go like this they all knew that. Ben knelt by the grave looking over at the coffin. He spoke to himself mumbling so no one else could hear his words. He looked back. For the first time in six years there was no officer just behind him. He dropped some more roses onto the coffin. He was glad Jenny had chose to bury him here. It was where he was born after all. Jacksonville was where he was meant to be.
Ben got back up and walked towards Shane. Shane didn’t remember him. He knew that. Why would he? He walked back to the gates. He saw a officer just outside. He made a choice. He would appeal for his freedom.
They walked him back to the car then drove him to the prison. It took a while for the appeal to come through. He succeeded in getting it. Jenny turned up to the case. How had she heard? He hadn’t written. The case went by. He looked at his lawyer and then to Jenny, she smiled. He knew he would get out. She had paid for his lawyer. The best lawyer in town. He had come from LA.
The case took weeks then he was free. Jenny picked him up from the prison and drove him home. She helped him pack his stuff. She needed help with Shane and someone to raise the baby.
They arrived in LA 6 hours later.
She lead him up the road to the house and allowed him to take his first steps into the house. He looked around. Everything looked so nice. So up class. Ben sniffed the air. So clean. He knew this is where he wanted to be, as night fell and bed time called he was happier still when Jenny offered him a pillow. Right next to her. And over the room was a cradle. With a baby, a baby girl. A baby girl named Bethany.
Bethany Olivia Harper.