Sucker Love

Three

It was raining as Brian knew it would, and he hadn’t any dry clothes to change into here. They might have made it there dry if they hadn’t stopped by Brian’s to get his Bitch. He stood dripping in the large hallway of Stefan’s home, his shoes squeaking as he began to follow him down the hall.

“So this is the kitchen. Help yourself to anything. The lounge room is just through there, and the bedrooms’ there,” he pointed, but Brian hadn’t been paying attention. “The bathroom’s across from my bedroom.”

“Ohh, can I borrow a towel or something?” Brian asked. Stefan went off as soon as Brian had requested it and brought him back a large blue towel which Brian proceeded to wrap around himself and shiver into. His hair was matted and clinging to the side of his pale face, his eyeliner running down his cheeks, but Stefan thought he looked gorgeous. Stefan always thought he looked gorgeous.

“So uhh, wanna sit?” Brian nodded and followed Stefan into his room. The door was closed and Stefan got out his bass as Brian snooped around a little. His eyes took in all the photographs of Stefan with various people that had been stuck around the frame of his mirror before he caught sight of his reflexion and involuntarily shrieked out loud.

“You could’ve told me I looked like utter shit!” Brian said, his voice one octave too high. “Ohh god…” He rubbed at the makeup staining his cheeks and attempted to comb out his hair with his fingers.

“You look fine, Brian.” He’d meant it. Brian turned to face him with a scowl.

“I never look ‘fine’,” he said, quoting the word with his fingers. “I always look like shit but gosh, look at me now.” Brian could’ve cried he was so embarrassed. Stefan could see he was losing it and didn’t know what to do.

“I mean it Brian. You have this glow about you.” Stefan was blushing now, having realised what he’d said. “I mean, you always look nice.” Brian didn’t respond as he stood staring at his boots. “Feel free to shower or something if you wish.”

“But I don’t have my makeup with me.” Stefan realised that he was in fact crying now, but wasn’t sure if it’d be too awkward to hug him.

“You can borrow mine. Here…” He searched through his draws until he pulled out a little black bag and handed it to Brian whom was looking across at him with great surprise now.

“You wear makeup? You? Wear makeup?”

“When it’s appropriate…”

“Hunny, it’s always appropriate.” Stefan was glad to see Brian’s usual smirk had returned. “Thanks, Stef.” He was off before Stefan could remind him where the bathroom was. He heard the opening and closing of several doors before eventually nothing, then the shower.

Brian was sat on Stefan’s bed clad in just the blue towel he’d been handed upon arriving as he waited for his clothes to dry. Stefan was playing bass for him as he seemed to be quite interested in how well he played, but he kept screwing up. He’d look up to gage Brian’s reaction, forgetting he was in a towel, then blush and look away. He couldn’t see anything as Brian had it wrapped right around him, but it still sent him mad. He’d do it again and again, and Brian was beginning to catch on. If Stefan thought he looked gorgeous before, he wasn’t sure how to describe him now. Brian blinked his purple eyelids a few times as Stefan was looking, noticing how he didn’t look down straight away this time. He smirked, licked his lips, and watched Stefan’s cheeks grow redder than before. Stefan put his bass down suddenly, much to Brian’s distaste. He hadn’t been half bad.

“I’ll go see if your clothes are dry,” he muttered, leaving the room. Brian sighed. He’d had his fun. He returned a few minutes later with Brian’s clothes fresh from the dryer, thankful that he could return to using his brain again once Brian was changed. He turned as he did so, hearing a few grunts from Brian as he seemed to be struggling with something. “Uhh, are you okay?”

“My fucking pants are always too tight,” Brian replied, trying again to get them up. “That’s it.” Assuming he was done, Stefan turned back around to face him again. He felt the heat return to his cheeks as he caught sight of Brian standing frowning at his pants as they were wrapped around his thighs. They were twisted, Stefan noticed. No wonder he was having trouble with them. “I give up.”

“You need to twist them back the other way,” Stefan said quietly, trying not to look. “No, not that way.” Brian knew damn well what way he needed to twist them. “No, I said not that way. To your right.” Brian flailed his arms about, appearing exasperated with it all.

“Well how about you do it then, hmm?” he said, resting his hands on his hips. Stefan wasn’t sure if he was serious or not. Brian certainly was a very open person it seemed. As Brian didn’t appear to be moving any time soon, Stefan approached him. He grabbed his jeans by the sides and twisted them, pulling them up and smiling with satisfaction as they covered his hips.

“That wasn’t so damn hard now, was it?” Brian was smirking up at him, and he wasn’t sure as to why. Had he said something? Ohh god, perhaps he had been joking…

“Mmm, thank you Stef,” Brian said so softly he’d almost not heard it. Brian’s hands had moved to Stef’s hips, and he hadn’t noticed until he ran them up the sides of his body beneath his shirt.

“W-what are you doing?” Stefan stuttered, unsure of the game Brian was playing.

“You think for one second I haven’t noticed you checking me out?” Brian asked deviously, his eyebrow raising just a fraction.

“I…well, I…” Brian laughed lightly and shook his head, bringing his hands out from beneath Stefan’s shirt to instead place them behind his neck.

“I’ve noticed,” Brian said as he stared across at Stefan, applying pressure to the back of his neck. Without thinking Stefan went along with it, feeling his heart beat faster as he felt Brian’s lips against his own at last. But Brian wanted more than an innocent little kiss and as his tongue ran along Stefan’s bottom lip, the taller of the two pulled away faster than Brian had seduced him.

“Brian, we can’t just–”

“Beg to differ, hunny,” Brian interjected, placing his lips back to Stefan’s. He wasn’t sure why he’d wanted to kiss him in the first place, feeling a pang of guilt as he realised it was probably just because he’d been lonely. Brian had been so, so lonely. Stefan didn’t wish to be questioning Brian’s motives, but ‘til this day he’d not given him a second glance. Brian hadn’t said so much as boo to him in all the years they’d been at school together, and now he couldn’t seem to open his mouth wide enough. He pulled away from Stefan after a short moment with a brilliant smirk plastered across his face, and Stefan couldn’t help but think this was all one big joke to him. Brian turned and grabbed for his Bitch before he started to play something Stefan didn’t recognise but rather liked. After a while Stefan grabbed for his own instrument and joined Brian once he’d recognised the tune he was playing, trying to rid his mind of all the horrid thoughts going through it. Brian had his eyes closed now as he strummed, and it was as if nothing had happened at all.