Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 13: The Hunt

Myself, Jacob and Stephen, stepped out of the cabin.
Jacob had outfitted me with a spare shotgun, he called it the bloodbringer.
I cocked the shotgun and added eight silver bullets to the ammo chain, I couldn't help thinking that these should be cartridges.

We had only known each other for two hours but it felt like we had known each other a lifetime, In fact, I felt like on of the brothers. Maybe this was so nice because none of them had tried to kill me.
My large black army boots wettened as I walked through the long neglected grass of the Forrest, I entered the trees, we looked at each other, the looks I got in return were not looks of hope, they were the looks of a mourner at a funeral.

The full moon winked at me, wishing me a good hunt.
I attached a strap to the bloodbringer and threw it over my back.
The bloodbringer was gold coloured and it looked like an antique.
I ran my hand down the stock stroking it delicately, the silver bullets glinted behind me and the spares glinted on my belt.
I smiled.
"The hunt is on gents."

Jacob spat on the ground, he scratched at his beard, "come out you bastard!"
It knew we were here, we were trespassing on its time of the day.
I heard a feral scratching sound close to our location.
The air was torn, before it happened I heard a wet snort, it sounded like a hungry dog, no, not hungry, absolutely starving.

I saw the creature lunge out of the hedge behind us, we turned around fast, its face was more than feral, it looked meaner and more menacing than earlier, we had bettered it, and it would kill us for that.
The creature's eyes locked onto my own, the eyes changed from dark yellow to burning scarlet bloodshot.
It could kill anyone and anything. It would kill anyone and anything.

I heard a shot. Stephen had fired at the creature of the moon, he missed.
I saw the huge bulk and mass of the creature jump over me, as miraculous as a spitfire overhead.
The beast landed in front of Stephen, the wolf walked towards him like a normal human would, it wrenched the bloodbringer from his hands and bent it.
The creature roared. It was the loudest sound I'd ever heard, It brought down its huge claw down on Stephen's face.

He screamed.
Blood was flung onto a nearby oak tree and Stephen's body fell to the floor like a rag doll.
Jacob and myself heard the rip of the flesh, we also saw the werewolf quickly shove the meat into its longing mouth, the werewolf was savoring the taste of Stephen.
Jacob shot at it.
The matted brown hair of the werewolf's back exploded into a crater of blood and gore.

The werewolf kicked Jacob, the beast was howling, I think this was as close to screaming as it could get.
Jacob landed in a pile of nearby dead leaves, next to the old oak tree, he was wet and injured.
The Forrest was its home, it was a ravaging rampaging hellhole.

The wolf turned on me now, it had defeated the other two opponents, I wished David had came now but we needed him back at base.
Thaw werewolf stood on its hind legs like a grizzly bear, eager for a fight.
Its legs were shaking badly, it seemed to be healing from a gunshot would, no doubt fired by Jacob sometime this month.

The beast knocked me to the ground and bend over me roaring.
I could smell its rotting breath, It smelled like the remains of Stephen, it was that metal smell of blood along with the smell of rotting meat. I began to feel like I was dessert.

The wolf lifted its claw and swiped my face, It felt as if my face had been ripped off but when I touched my face I Could only feel a small but deep wound. I was fine.
I reached for my bloodbringer but the beast of the moon knocked it out of my hand, that was almost my last option.
I had managed to shoot but it was knocked from me at mid-shot, the bullet hit the oak tree just above where Jacob had fallen.

The brawl continued, usually when I say brawl it isn't between a human and a werewolf, hell things change.
I punched the wolf in the snout, that was a mistake, its claws ripped onto my arms in fury and it brought its head down onto mine as a devastating attack.
Its mouth was full of drool, which of course fell onto my face and into my open mouth.
"YUCK"
The eye contact between us had not ceased, it snapped at my fingers and took away the top of my forefinger of my left hand.
I screamed! I was so angry, I punched, I howled, I bit.
I began to wonder who the beast here was.

There was a gunshot, Jacob had shot the ground near our furry fiend.
The grass was ripped up, the eye-contact between me and the wolf was broken, it was momentarily distracted.
I used the last ounce of strength in me to kick the soft underbelly of the wolf.
It whimpered and jumped off me.
I looked up, its face was malicious.
I spun around the wolf's back, I pulled out my combat knife and jumped onto its back.

I hacked at the back of the werewolf refusing to let it go, it tried it's best to buck me but it failed.
"LIKE THAT YOU BASTARD?" I screamed at the wolf.
Jacob laughed weakly, "nice kid, very nice."
A minute passed, I saw Jacob regaining his strength, I was now exhausted, I could do no more, I buried the knife into the gullet of the beast and allowed myself to be thrown from its back, I was dimly aware that it was still alive.

Jacob stood up slowly, he had no fear in his eyes, he faced the beast even though he only came up to the beasts waist.
"You killed my brother you slimy motherfucker."
Jacob shot the werewolf until his shotgun was empty, the silver bullets ripped the belly of the beast apart as if it were nothing but jelly.

Watching the wolf pass away, was probably the saddest moment of my life.
The wolf was the murderer but the man who the wolf once was lay before us.
He was human again, he was bleeding out. There was nothing we could do.
When I was a child I dreamt such things were true, werewolves vampires and faeries.
I never understood why they weren't.
Now I did.

Tears now escaped from my watchful eyes as I watched an old man with long graying hair and a long unkempt beard. His stare was broken at last as he died, his blue eyes closed for the final time, he died watching the night sky in all of its glory.
I wiped my eyes and looked away.
Jacob said a prayer for the dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long.
computer problems. I hope the length of the chapter will make up for it though!