Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 15: A deal with the devil

Beelzebub struck my face with a huge claw, with a scream of surprise and pain I fell to the floor. I could feel the deep cuts on the side of my face as my body clashed to the ashy floor of hell. As my head span I heard the sound of Beelzebub’s foot meeting Damian’s flesh. Damian screamed and giggled, the sound was simply painful to hear. The devil cursed Damian’s name thrice and left him to bleed. Damian scuttled away to a small alcove and began to weep.

Beelzebub turned to my tired mangled body and picked me up by the shirt. My body was lifted to face the mighty demon king. “My own man has betrayed me human. Now you are back, after I was so kind as to give you a lengthier time to go mad. Why?” Satan looked at Damian and spat. I looked too, Damian wasn’t scared of Beelzebub, but the pain made him look futile. I didn’t think I’d ever know Damian at that point. I didn’t know how very wrong I was.

“Well human? Why are you here, why did you follow the undesirable back here?” I looked into the orange eyes of Satan; this caused blood to drip into my own. It stung, but I didn’t want to let him see my pain. I didn’t say anything; I just looked at him with poison in my eyes. I’ll tell you something you probably didn’t know, Satan can read minds.
Beelzebub shrieked with laughter and dropped me. Beelzebub turned to his fellow demons who had gathered to watch the show. “The human doesn’t want to be immortal, the human wants to time travel of his own accord and spend his time adventuring and live to tell the tale!” The demons guffawed and shook their heads. Beelzebub turned to face me. I nodded, “yes, it’s true.” Beelzebub shook his head and growled. “Time travel is a power I control, you shall not have it.”

I laughed viciously, my teeth clenched. “You don’t deserve it you arsehole.” I felt the room freeze as all of the demons went still. The demons looked almost statuesque, but the look of shock on their faces was very real. Beelzebub moved very fast, so fast that I didn’t see when he grabbed my shirt and ripped it open. Beelzebub dug his claw into the flesh of my stomach and dug out my heart.

The devil moved away and I stared at him in confusion. My beating heart rested in his palm, he stared at me smiling. “This is my kingdom and you live by my rules. What makes you think you have the right to disrespect the leader of hell its self?” I shook my head, not quite believing what was happening. I had sunk to the ashy floor on my knees, I was shaking violently. Damian watched perplexed in his alcove.

“Still think the same Mr. Carter? I’ve read your thoughts; you want to kill me don’t you?” I didn’t say anything, I couldn’t. I couldn’t move either, I was just there, Inanimate and barely able to think, as if I had a psychic bubble around me. He squeezed my heart and I screamed. I screamed louder than I ever had in my entire life. I screamed and the demons laughed. I screamed and Damian flinched. I screamed and the look of triumph in the devil’s eyes turned to a look of glee. The devil was simply power, but power didn’t make a man invincible.

I screamed once more and died.
Yeah, you heard me. That wasn’t exactly the best feeling, but I had to endure it. My eyes flashed open and I began to gasp for air as if I had been drowning. My heart was replaced and I was alive again, the devil stood over me pacing. “The secret to time travel lies in one of my special pocket watches. Little did you know human, you seemed to have one all along. It seems that Damian was trying to have a little fun.” The devil smiled and I heard the sound of a whip hit bare flesh in the alcove of the room. I began to laugh, my laugh wasn’t common, I had never used it much, but it sounded smooth and warm like heated honey. The devil tilted his head. “There was me thinking you were weak, but under your own nose Damian stole one of your most precious secrets.” The devil scowled, “do not fool yourself into thinking that is the only one human, I have a room full of the watches. Time travel is an easy concept. But Human’s will never understand it.”

Beelzebub clutched my pocket watch in his hand. “Didn’t you feel a little lighter when you arrived here? I found it in your pocket. What a pity Mister Carter, if you had only opened the watch then the secret aura of time travel would have embraced you and you would have been free of the curse.” My eyes widened and flickered towards the watch.
I began to breathe heavily. It wasn’t fair. I wanted the watch, with the watch I could have a new life, I could have... Iliana. I felt the cowardly words leave my lips before I could stop them, “what do I do to get it?” The devil raised his eyebrows, “a proposition? What can you do that I cannot?” I shrugged my shoulders. “There must be something.”
Beelzebub clicked his fingers and his throne simply appeared out of thin air. He sat on his throne and Death hovered next to him holding a long piece of parchment. My eyebrows slowly ascended. “Alright, I have a job for you.” I stood in silence and Death began to speak, in a voice that reminded me of somebody gargling nails.

“Your job is to ambush a man named John Storm. John Storm is Captain of a space vessel named The Majestic. You must use any means necessary.” I sighed, “Why can’t you do it?” I asked rather calmly. Death began to talk but Beelzebub held up his claw and Death ceased talking. “Captain John Storm is a pirate, a powerful one to that. Storm has been chosen for harvesting and Death here has many quarrels with Storm. He believes that it is Storm’s time. The damned pirate has killed every single demon assassin sent to kill him so far.” I sniffed, “and me?” The devil looked at me and spoke as if to a small child. “Well, you’re expendable.”

A portal opened without a movement from Beelzebub and I was pushed into the portal backwards by an unseen force without a further word. My back hit a metal grate floor and all around the air around me was filled with the sounds of rifles cocking. A second of silence filled the air, and then the sound of a pistol being cocked disturbed the ignorance.
“To your feet demon, we can do this the easy way or the hard way.” John Storm stood tall and pointed a futuristic looking pistol to my head. The rifles of his crew were also trained at my head. Isn’t life just a cliché?
♠ ♠ ♠
Obviously being a re-draft this was the second time that I got to introduce John Storm and Im so glad I get to!