Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 18: Stealing time

I went through the portal to hell first, I hoped that we still had the element of surprise.
I had fallen asleep that night and happily, I hadn't traveled in time anywhere.
John Storm and the crew were behind me, there weapons were primed, this was naught but a suicide mission I just kept thinking. I sighed.
John put a hand on my shoulder, "gotta try son, or die trying." I smiled, he was of course right, he always was.

As we crossed from Woodervech to hell we were greeted by angry demons, they ran at us, there was two of them, like Damian, they had human heads and lather clad, except, they didn't look human, the head looked like a red shell and something new was encased inside, these were not normal demons, these were harvesters.
John got a head-shot on both of the demons before they got near us.

We trekked through the hallways of hell, we were trying to find ourselves, we were trying to find some sort of direction.
Once every few minutes we walked past steel cages filled with the evil scum of earth and its colonies.
John spoke, he was looking at the cage filled with people, they were screaming and tired. "They were murderer's and rapists, amongst other things, they are the only reason hell should exist."

This angered John, I had never seen him look less in control.
One of the men from the cage grabbed Storm's khaki colored jacket.
The man began to pull, he was in pain but he was determined to get John Storm into the cage for an eternity of suffering.
When I turned around, John had a human hand in his own.
"What the..." I began.
John shrugged his shoulders. I turned and looked into the cage to see an armless man bashing the side of the cage with his good arm, for freedom.

Captain John Storm was not nervous, so I was not nervous, Storm provoked a calm sort of morality to the group, I respected him for that, I didn't know of many people who could do that.
He was a born leader, he would triumph later, if he got out of this mess.
We came up to a large steel door, the sign had a symbol on it. It was shaped like horns.
"Ive got a good feeling this is the devil's quarters."
The crew nodded there agreement.
"Remember crew, John began, that bastard is bound to have that pocket-watch, we are taking it home or we don't go home, AM I RIGHT?"
"AYE SIR!"

The door opened and a claw grasped my neck, I couldn't breathe, it wasn't the devil it was a red skinned demon with horn like ears and a nose piercing.
He threw me into the room, he was the bodyguard, the devil was sitting peacefully at his desk, writing a letter.
As I hit the floor, I heard a gunshot, the demon fell to the floor and the devil got up from his chair.
"John Storm, we meet again" said Beelzebub.
"Aye but this time you have eleven guns trained on your skull."

Beelzebub wasn't capable of being nervous but he sensed trouble, he was leader of the underworld and these humans could kill him.
Beelzebub looked at me, I was holding the silver pocket-watch, I opened it and once again read, location, time, date and year.
Beelzebub screamed, "PUT THAT DOWN HUMAN"
He dived at me, myself, Storm and his crew shot at Beelzebub.
He fell to the floor.
We all trained our guns on his head, "lets finish it" said Storm.
I smiled cruelly, "I agree captain."

Beelzebub was in pain, we all shot too late the bastard disappeared.
"AAUUURGH!" I screamed.
Storm had a nervous look on his face. "Whats wrong?" I asked
He pointed to where Beelzebub was lying, there lay a bomb with a ten second fuse.
I fumbled for the pocket-watch..... 5
I typed in the location as woodervech..... 4
I made the time as one minute after we left.... 3
I typed the date as November 15th 5067, the date we left.... 2
"How do I activate it?" I asked panicked...... 1
John pressed a button on top of the watch, we all touched shoulders and disappeared, before we left I heard the beeping of the bomb, it was harsh and teasing. It then exploded.

Our feet dropped back onto the lush green grass of Woodervech.
I screamed in triumph, I hugged John "YEEES!" I screamed.
John had a smile etched on his face, the crew hugged each other.
My smile was etched there too. I remember that day, that was the day we defeated the devil.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading this chapter, writing it has been fun.
Special thanks to [Thenightmarewriter] for the support and the feedback she always gives me, I suggest you read her stories now, yeah just go to her profile now.... that's it
http://member.mibba.com/187171/

Special thanks also to the readers, I couldn't do this without you, live long and prosper!