Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 19: My time machine

The goodbye from John was emotional. I cried.
We hugged our goodbyes after John showed me what was what on the majestic.
"Now, I trust you with the majestic, so don't go crashing it into any ice burgs or meteorites."
I laughed, "Knowing me, I would find an ice burg in space."
John nodded wisely, "just make sure it's lettuce, minimize the damage see."
John had told me what every button and every control of the majestic did, it was up to me now.
"I don't know how good she'll be as a time machine son, give it a try though."

Now John stood outside with his crew, he stood watching the majestic, he was confident that I could fly it correct.
He had taken me to the cockpit, "This here is the control panel, it's like a joystick on a video game, up on the joystick, the ship goes up... I think you get the rest."

I entered the cockpit now, my ship was the most astonishing thing I had seen in my life, it took my breath away looking at all of the buttons.
I had a cargo hold, this was in case I needed to transport anything, that was doubtful, it was a time machine.
I looked at the pocket-watch, it lay on the dashboard of the ship. The captain and crew had installed it to the time machine by linking up the wires of the time-space manipulator and connecting it to the ship's black hole manipulator software.
Now, the ship would rip a hole in space and travel through it manipulating time.

I stepped over to the pilot's seat, this ship didn't have a co-pilot seat, it wasn't like in the old movies... it was just the pilot seat and another seat, like in a car.
I ran my hand over to the metal of the dashboard. The pocket-watch had been melted onto the dashboard to stay in place, when I popped the top I saw the dials.

Location
Time
Date

I smiled, I could go anywhere, I would go everywhere.
I sat in the pilot's seat and pressed a button that said 'rear close.'
John Storm watched as the rear door of the majestic closed, this was emotional but he knew he had given the majestic to the right person, she was now a time machine, who would believe it?

I loved the pilot's seat, it reminded me of my seat back in England 1985.
I lived in a flat in London, it was quite cheap to keep up and running, the comfy chair by the fire was what kept me cheerful. At night I would sit down and read a book there.
I noticed that the majestic had a small room filled with books, It was my library now.
I sat back, it had been a stressful day. I wondered if the devil would come back for revenge.
Earth would be a dangerous place for me.

I looked back to a hook Storm had shown me earlier. A gun hung off the hook in a holster, it was a futuristic pistol, it had quite a square looking barrel and a rounded handle. It was beautiful in its own rights, it was the captains gun, it didn't take ammo either, it had an overheat. I wish I had asked John how that worked.

Before he went John had warned me about the engine of the majestic.
"Son, if this light here, he pointed to a green light on the dashboard, if that bleeps son you will hear a sound, that means the engine is going to cut out soon, if that happens then the life support will cut out and you will die a slow and painful death as you will suffocate."
My mouth had hung open in shock. He laughed at my surprise.
"So, you gotta get yourself to an engine service station." He gave me the coordinates and told me to type the date in as 5067, then it will exist.
I thanked him with all of my heart. He didn't know it but I had never been so pleased.

I now pressed the blue button labled 'ignition,' I heard the engine come to life, the thrusters pointed vertically towards the floor and lifted the ship up. John came onto the intercom. "God speed son." I smiled, in all my life I had never had a father, I had been raised in an orphanage, he had been the closest thing to a father. "Ill visit you again." I said in a quiet voice.
I cloaked the ship, John had told me to do this, it made the ship invisible. I saw what looked like a silver blanket be thrown over the ship, I was no longer there.

Cloaking the ship was important, I wanted to travel in time, I didn't want to travel for example to 1880 with a spaceship, that would be wrong, funny but wrong.
I pushed the joystick upwards, the majestic soared upwards, I almost screamed with shock and excitement, the speed was amazing, it really was like controlling a ship in a video game.
My ship.
I couldn't resist, I picked up a microphone on a wire that could be heard throughout the ship.
"This is your captain speaking, be prepared for instantaneous time travel, we stole it, we will use it."
I giggled to myself and broke out of the atmosphere of woodervech.
I did a smart loop the loop trick and screamed; "YAHOOO!"
All of the stupid thing that I dreamed of when I was a child in the orphanage were coming true.

I opened the pocket watch and began to type in my information.

Location: Earth, Venice
Time: 3:04am
Date: November 28th 1985

I pressed the confirmation button, the watch looked far too modern to be real. I heard a small beep coming from the watch and a thin blue volt swept over the majestic.
I ripped through space and appeared above earth a second later.
My invisible ship ripped through the atmosphere of earth easily and the ship was drawn towards Italy as if it were on a wire.

Iliana and I had spent a night in Venice, we had visited the Cirque Du Masque. That was an interesting show, we met a man who still makes my spine tingle to this day.
He was incredibly handsome, every time I thought of him it was if I forgot what he looked like in my mind.
He didn't feel human, Iliana was immediately drawn toward him as if he were a magnet and she were a piece of metal.
She was still on the end of my hand as she approached him, she looked like she was longing to touch him. I had squeezed her hand, it was as if she had come out of a trance.
She apologized the 'man' and he had given us a curt nod. We walked away and he smiled with blood lust on his lips.
We never saw him again.
We had spent the night together in the same bed, we didn't know each other but it felt too much like we had been lover all of our lives. Getting into bed that night and making love until we were tired... it almost felt like a routine.

We fell asleep at about Two thirty, well I did, she fell asleep earlier, I had watched her sleep. Her auburn hair was tied up when we made love, it looked so beautiful when she went to sleep, it flowed down her shoulders like a fiery waterfall.

I landed the majestic in a nearby field, John had told me when the ship was invisible, it played with the minds of those who would walk near it, it planted an idea in their heads, an idea that they should go elsewhere.

I left the ship via the back hatch near the cargo hold. It was odd walking out of something that appeared not to be there. I knew the ship was about the size of an entire street.
The thing was, I could see it, faintly. I wanted to see it though, so for me it was there.

I walked by the side of the river in the dark and approached the hotel we had been staying in.
A firework went off in the sky, the colour was bliss, my excitement rose.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the support from the real Iliana (thenightmarewriter)
This chapter has been written a second time because my Internet crashed the first time!
In case you are wondering, the man who Iliana was drawn to is called the ringmaster, and Cirque Du Masque-Amber in the ashes: is a story by Iliana so check it out and read the ringmasters story, alternatively you could check out the real circus! OR DO BOTH! THANK YOU!