Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 21: The unsinkable

Docks/Southampton/England
10th April 1912

I was looking at the huge body of the RMS Titanic, she was a beauty. It was a shame we knew her fate.
Even I knew that we couldn't tell the people not to board the Titanic, we could only help them when their fate came.
We could help people survive and get to the lifeboats before they hit the freezing water of the Atlantic ocean.
We could not disrupt the huge historical event of the Titanic sinking.

I had printed off first class tickets off the Majestic's computer, forgeries. No one would tell the difference.
I was dressed in a formal suit, Iliana was wearing a long red dress, she looked remarkable, she looked like a ruby, she was worth a hundred times a ruby.

The Majestic was docked in a closed off area that would become a car park in the future. One press of the button in my pocket and she would fly towards our location and after we had helped the survivors, we would fly away.
We both wanted to see this event with our own eyes.

We handed our tickets to a man in a tuxedo, we boarded the ship, it was luxury. We climbed the first class staircase, it was most beautiful, golden in color, I looked up and peeked out of the great circular skylight. This was truly remarkable.
We had a guide, he took us to our room.
The room was impressive for a ship, it had a double bed and everything was luxurious, there was more gold than anything else.
I put my suitcase on the floor.
Iliana giggled and jumped in my arms, she kissed me passionately on the lips.
We kissed for another minute and then we separated.
"Remember, we still have a job to do." She nodded in agreement.
"The formality of that suit suits you." I laughed.
"To be honest, I really hate suits, they feel... really tight."

We looked around the room again, it was shocking to think that in only four days time this would all be underwater.
"We need to be very careful, this voyage of ours is a dangerous one."
Iliana frowned, "We know what's going to happen don't we?
What could go wrong?"
The truth was, even if I didn't want to say it, everything could go wrong.
My mechanism for the majestic may not work.
When the ship crashed they may be unlucky and fall overboard first.

She sensed my stress and sat down next to me on our double bed.
She wrapped her arms around my torso from behind, "Don't worry, its all going to be alright, we just need to be at the back of the ship when it hits the ice burg, then we go and help people."
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
We both jumped, it was the Tiatanic's horn as we pulled away from the dock's.
We laughed and hugged.
She felt something in my suit, "What's that?"
I opened my Jacket and showed her my pistol.
"Come on, she said, who do you expect is going to hurt us here?"

I sighed
"Iliana, anything and everything will happen, women and children first, the lifeboats, men will want to save their own skins and they will do anything to get their own way, they will be violent, I heard of a man who threw women and children in the ocean to get his own boat."
Iliana put her hands to her mouth.
"Jesus..."
"Better to be prepared I say."
I closed my Jacket as a Waiter walked into the room with a knock.
"Dinner will be served at twelve sir and my lady."
I smiled and nodded, "Thank you."
I walked over to the man and tipped him ten pounds, (which I had also printed from my machine.)

The Waiter was happy alright, he lost his formality and hugged me tightly.
When he left I realized, ten pounds was a fortune back in 1912.
"Oops." I said. Iliana giggled.
We both looked towards the open door as we heard an announcement over the loudspeaker.
"This is Captain Edward John Smith, first class passengers are advised to eat on the captain's table, be aware, we only have room for about a hundred people, dinner is at twelve, I hope you enjoy your voyage on the Titanic."

Iliana looked at me, "was that the guy with the beard?"
I laughed until my stomach hurt, "you certainly know your history!"
She slapped me on the back of the head. I laughed, "OWWW!"
"We need to get you out of those clothes."
My eyes widened. She saw my expression and snickered.
"No, not that, you need a dinner jacket and bow tie."
"Oh, oh yes, dinner with the captain."

I must admit, I was looking forward to something else.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have been meaning to write this for a very long time.
Thanks to Iliana the nightmarewriter, read her stuff it is great.