Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 22: Dinner and etiquette

RMS Titanic/ 12:00pm/10th April 1912

As I sat on the captain's table with Iliana, I looked over the huge amount of people, thousands.
I wanted to tell the captain to turn the boat round so badly but I knew that would disrupt the time space continuum, basically I could open a random black hole and end the universe.

The captain sat on a chair at the very end of the table, beard and all. He looked old but very wise, even though I knew Edward Smith wouldn't make the voyage alive, he was a person I specifically couldn't help.
His body was never found amongst the dead, eye witnesses saw the captain risk his life to carry women and children to the lifeboats.
When the ship sank he fell into the endless vortex that was the Atlantic ocean.

He stood up now a smile etched on that old wise face, he clunked a spoon against a glass three times to get attention, the crystal of the glass clinked and silence was issued from the first class table.
"Thank you ladies and gentlemen, I hope you are enjoying your voyage on the Titanic, in only five days time we will be in New York City, we simply need to cross the Atlantic ocean and we will make dock there on the fifteenth of April."

Everyone clapped, even Iliana and I, he had such a cheerful optimistic voice, I had never heard anything like it, this man was a sailor and he had had a long life, if I were him, I'd like to go down with a ship as grand as the Titanic... maybe not on my first voyage.

Lunch came, we ate through many amounts of exotic food, first course was lobster and vegetables, the lobster was a brilliant treat, its flesh was so succulent.
Then came the brisket and potatoes, never had I had such a lean brisket, the Titanic served up a mighty treat.
My favorite I must admit, it seemed Iliana liked it too, was the Caviar, we ate caviar on toast, it tasted absolutely astonishing. Iliana's favorite by far I could tell were the oysters, she couldn't get enough of them.
I pointed at the caviar pile and turned to Iliana, "I have to get some caviar for my ship."

Iliana smiled but this provoked a response from Edward. "You have a ship sir?"
I sat there looking at him my mouth is a small comical O. So I went along with it, making sure not to mention it was a spaceship.
"Yes, she is a fine ship, a cruise liner, carries cargo, I call her The Majestic."
The captain was smiling now, "that's brilliant sir, I used to Captain a ship called the majestic, it was much like the Titanic but frightfully smaller I dare say."
The captain and I talked about ships for an hour while Iliana had dessert and fought back giggles.

When dinner ended I shook hands with Edward Smith, "good to meet you sir." he said.
I shook tightly, "It was my pleasure sir, you are a fascinating man."
When we got back to our room I took off the dinner jacket.
"You have to be careful you know." Said Iliana undressing.
I'm eyes widened again as the dress fell to the floor and I got another peek.
"Hey, my face is up here."
"Oh, sorry I said, drawing my eyes away from her form to her face,
why do I need to be careful?"

"We cant let anything slip that we are time travelers, we cant let anything slip that the Titanic has a fate either, we need to be really quiet."
I hugged her and kissed her auburn hair, "I know, it's going to be fine, just remember, we are here to help."
"We can enjoy ourselves till the fifteenth can't we?"
"No, I said, the Titanic sinks on the fourteenth 11:40 at night."
She nodded her understanding and walked over to the bed, "Ah, mints on the pillows."
"I'm not sure I like how posh this place is." I said.
"Don't you like etiquette?" She asked cockily
"Well, I'm not exactly used to it, I haven't lived a pampered life."
She grinned, "nor have I, so lets enjoy it."

We went down to the bar where we drank for a couple of hours, I had a couple of Martini's and a scotch on the rocks. Iliana had some whiskey to my surprise.
"How can you drink that?" I asked.
"I like rum usually but that's reserved for the sailors." she giggled and hiccuped.

we spent the rest of the night in the ballroom of the Titanic, a room I could never Imagine underwater, it was beautiful, the floor paved in gold and the skylight giving us a beautiful view of the stars, we danced to the band, we danced until my knees hurt, Iliana leaned against me, "It's like that night in Venice."
"Yeah." I smiled and went with the dance, truth was, I didn't know how to dance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, it was a pleasure to write this chapter.
Thanks to Iliana herself Thenightmarewriter.
Also thank you the the brave crew of the Titanic and the captain Edward John Smith, may they rest in peace.