Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 23: Captor

Rms Titanic/Engine room/13th April 1912
3 Days till sink

I woke up and I was shackled to a pipe of one of the engines in the Titanic.
What? I kept on wondering if this was where Iliana and I ended up after we went on some sort of sex spree, no.
We hadn't had sex at all last night we went to bed in each others arms, that's it.
I could still smell something on the edge of my nose, it was lingering.
Chloroform.
Iliana woke up with a start, she looked fine, I on the other hand had a broken nose.
Again.

I remember now.
There was a knock on the door of our room around three in the morning, I thought it was a sailor or something, I thought it was something like a routine inspection, maybe to check the cabin was taken, I don't know.
A man had punched me in the nose, I heard a crack, the pain burned for a while, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of screaming.
I fell to the floor, Iliana was waking up, I saw him rush to her and take out a bottle of chloroform and a tissue, he tipped it onto the tissue and docked it under her nose knocking her out.
I dived on him going for his leg.
I now noticed almost every part of him was pure muscle, he wore a pin striped suit and wore a bowler hat, he had a stubble covered face too.
He turned to me and swung again, I dodged and kicked him in the spine, this had no effect.

I punched him in the face knocking off his bowler hat, he was completely bald underneath.
I knew it was all over when he grabbed me by the throat.
I couldn't breathe.
He gave me two more hits to the chest and I fell on the floor next to Iliana.
I remembered my gun, before I could reach it, the tissue docked under my nose too.
I remember nothing after that.
Now, he was sitting in front of us reading a newspaper.

He spoke in a cheerful British gentleman's voice, "good morning old chap! how did you sleep."
"Not very good, you bopped me on the head remember."
He nodded, without, I noticed, any hint of pride or malice in his face.
"Well, I am sorry, I'm a thief old chap, I need the cash."
He held up the cash he had taken from me, there was a good pile of it.
"Sleep well miss?" he said to Iliana.
"Who is this guy and why am I shackled to a pipe?"
"Oh, this is our captor, he's a nice feller."
He stood up and took out the contents of my pocket, my gun and my button to call the majestic, he saw the glint in my eyes when he took out the button.

"Sorry, I'm going to have to sell these, you understand."
This had to be the politest man I had ever met and he was my captor.
"What's your name?" Iliana asked.
"Lloyd Stark." he said.
She nodded, "nice name."
"Thank you miss, Ive never liked it."
"Lloyd, I asked, how long are we going to be shackled to this engine?"
Now Lloyd smiled, it was a smile filled with enthusiasm.
"You stay here until the ship sinks in three days time."

Iliana and I looked at each other, worry on our faces.
"I heard you two talking the day we came aboard." Lloyd said.
Oh, that made sense, so I nodded.
"I will bring you supplies, food and water, you will be sustained, I just look at this gun, he waved it in the air, and I cant help thinking, you are the authorities, what kind of gun is this anyway."
I beckoned Lloyd over to whisper in his ear, he came over and I whispered in his ear for a good ten seconds, Iliana didn't hear a thing.
His eyes were wide and understanding.
"Is that true?" he asked.
"Every word." i confirmed.
Before Iliana knew what was happening, Lloyd Stark was unshackling us.
When Iliana became unshackled she shouted, "now's your chance, get him!"
We both looked at her, I shook my head, "no, it doesn't work like that."

Lloyd noticed I had a tear in my eye, he knew why, he knew what I had told him was true when he turned around and saw Iliana holding a knife to my throat.
"What did he tell you?" she asked calmly.
Lloyd simply looked her square in the eye, her auburn hair looked as if it were on fire, her eyes were now flickering red.
He took out my pistol and shot her in the head.
"HEY! you could have shot me there!" I screamed.
He shrugged his shoulders, "so how long has she been a demon?" he asked.
I myself didn't know the answer, everything was going too fast, my captor was now my ally and my Iliana was now returning to the underworld.
"This is too much to take in right now."
"Do you know?" he asked.
I sighed, I was hurt but I did know.
"Last night, I was about to wake up but I heard the scraping of her knife, I felt it against my throat, I heard her breathing, it was no longer the breathing of a human but an excited demoness."
"Why didn't she kill you, when you were pretending to sleep?"
I snickered, "well you bloody barged in didn't you."

He seemed hurt, he had his hand on his heart but he was smiling, "I knocked old chap."
I nodded, "can I have my effects?"
He handed me my gun and the button.
"I keep the money though, need to earn a living somehow."
"we need to make a plan Lloyd, petty thief or not you want to help these people yes?"
"Yes, I also want to live."
"I can save you, I have the majestic."
He nodded, "I don't believe it but I do at the same time."
"I still feel that way."
We walked out of the door of the engine room.
"George?"
"What?"
"Sorry about the kidnapping and all."
"Ill get over it mate, its Iliana I'm concerned about."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the readers, this chapter was an odd one.
Sorry to the real Iliana for making you into a demoness but at least you weren't expecting it and I didn't technically kill you off.
Thanks to Iliana anyway (Thenightmarewriter)
and big sis Lauren
(Lozziewho)
And to you, the reader!