Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 24: Anyone alive out there?

Rms Titanic/April 14th/Day of sink

All day long we had made sure everything was going to be perfect for the passengers.
We had oiled the fastenings that held the life boats up, so they would be easy to disengage.
In every lifeboat we had put a huge blanket, it would be enough to wrap around the whole boat, never mind the passengers. Lloyd suggested hot water bottles but I told him he was being silly.
We were both standing on the hull looking out at the sun, it was freezing, I could see small ice burgs floating to the side of the Titanic.
"We have to be at the back of the boat at 11:40 tonight, okay?"
Lloyd nodded, "sure that's fine."

I looked at Lloyd, he looked utterly broken.
"What's wrong?" I asked softly.
Lloyd looked at me, I hadn't actually noticed the tears running down his face, cold bastard that I am.
"I was traveling to New York for a reason, to see my wife, she has leukemia, Ive just got this letter, he held up a piece of paper, it says that she died yesterday, about the same time as I killed that demoness."
"Jesus Christ, I'm sorry man, is there anything I can do?"
Oddly enough he looked up at me and said; "yes."
"Anything Lloyd."
"I want to with you, I want to travel in space and time, there is nothing what so ever for me in this world anymore."

I shrugged my shoulders.
"It's dangerous, very dangerous, this week I have been shot, knifed and bitten, well, this week to me, I have been time traveling for a hundred human years now."
He looked astonished, "you don't age?"
"If I sat down for a nice comfortable life somewhere and stayed there then probably, you gotta stay youthful, I'm now 119 years old."
"I'm only 29 myself."
"You have children?" I queried.
"No, we were thinking of having children but..."
I understood, they were there, they were having such a happy life but some problem always manages to stick its fat arse in your face.

"11:00 tonight we'll have to open all of the doors a touch, enough for an easy escape but closed enough so nobody gets suspicious."
Lloyd nodded. "I understand, so can I join you on your ship?"
I looked him firmly in the eye, he needed to prove himself.
"we'll see."

Rms Titanic/11:00/ 40 minutes until hit

We began to open all of the doors we could, we opened them a few inches at a time, hell that took us absolutely ages, we managed it, people seemed to be on edge though, babies were crying and the captain ran past us, barely noticing me and Lloyd standing there.
I was glad I had my trench coat on tonight, it was freezing and my eyes were itching with tiredness.
"Don't fall in the ocean." I said to Lloyd.
"Aye, I wont."

Rms Titanic/11:35/ 5 minutes till hit

Lloyd and I stood at the very back of the boat. It occur ed to the both of us that every part of the boat was going to be dangerous, we had about half an hour once the ship hit the ice burg.
I hated the fact that if the ship had hit the ice burg head on then the Titanic wouldn't have sank. The ship was deigned to allow the first four compartments flood, there would be casualties yes but not everyone would be killed. I could not alter history, 1517 people were to die today and I had to let that happen, most people died but there were survivors, maybe more now that we were helping. The main thing was that we were not helping on a massive scale, that was the difference.
Ten minutes earlier, I heard the first mate shout; "increase speed."
I think that was what sank the Titanic.
Now the Captain looked uneasy as it became misty and his vision was impaired.

Rms Titanic/11:40

We looked at each other and Lloyd nodded, I heard the captain scream, "SLOW DOWN!"
There was an almighty crash which shook the entire ship, that woke people up, I could hear them scuttling out of their compartments.
We passed the ice burg that caused the damage, we had barely scraped the surface of the ice burg.
"Stay at this speed, that could have really harmed us if we had hit it head on."
Edward Smith didn't know how wrong he actually was.
I could almost feel the stability of the ship, I caught a peek of the band, they had came out of their cabins and were together again.

Rms/Titanic/12:00

The captain had been told about the engine room, it was flooding, the ship had not been prepared for the bottom half of the ship flooding.
The ice burg had hit the side of the ship, breaking the pipe and letting the Atlantic flood in.
I looked at Lloyd, "I bet that was the pipe that you cuffed me to."
"Ah get over it." He said.
I was still so surprised by Lloyd, he was third class but he spoke like a gentleman.
The ship began to slant now, it was then I remembered, "SHIT! we need to be at the front of the ship."
"Why?" asked Lloyd.
"NO TIME."
"ABANDON SHIP, ABANDON SHIP, ALL HANDS TO THE LIFE BOATS!" That was the Captain.
Before we got to the front of the ship we helped the women and children into eight of the life boats, then things began to get worse.
"Hold onto a railing."
We held as the whole ship went vertical, everyone screamed, I could see the band hanging on for dear life, they were playing there last song, 'nearer my god to thee.'

The band did not survive, they did not attempt to Que for the lifeboats, I watched in sickly astonishment as on of the chimneys of the Titanic fell, it crashed down onto the ship and broke the hull in half, I saw the band thrown into the cold Atlantic, instruments and all, they did get to finish the last song, I had always wondered.
I had lost Lloyd, our half of the ship was now back to horizontal but not for long, I could see the back half of the Titanic sinking, people were screaming.
Women, children and men drowned as I watched with tears in my eyes and the broken look of a father who had held his child's hand as he died.

There was now no Que for the lifeboats, the boats were in the water, there were not many of them but I calculated around 705 survivors, a mere 31% of the entire boat, most of the people were on the other side of the ship, that I had not predicted.
I sat and sobbed, I felt Lloyd's hand on my shoulder. "Captain, we need to go now."
I felt an explosion, underneath us the engine exploded, it was I who had the luck to get a shard of splintered and polished wood in the shoulder.
"AUURGH!" I screamed, that really hurt.
Lloyd pulled it out.
I turned around for one final look, "We helped best we could Lloyd... I always wondered."
He nodded, solace on his face.
I pressed the button in my pocket, it took ten seconds for the majestic to fly above the wreck, Lloyd and I stepped into the open back door.

I took on more look out onto the Titanic, the Captain was standing on the hull, just standing, I had seen him earlier, he had helped the passengers off the ship, now he stood on the hull without his hat, beard and all, he went down with the mighty Titanic, he had looked up at the Majestic, he was surprised but I think in his position it wasn't that difficult to believe, the captain winked at me and I saw him go under the water.
I could hear a crew member shout "IS THERE ANYONE ALIVE OUT THERE?."
That was the last time the Titanic floated.

Some of the survivors reported seeing a spaceship floating over the Titanic, some men were getting in it. These people were cold and frightened, it must have been a rumor that one person had said that had spread about the ship.
The officials laughed at this story but they were glad there were survivors to tell stories, no matter how stupid the stories happened to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
This Chapter was amazing to write! I loved it
Thanks to:
Thenightmarewriter
Lozziewho
and
Thegoodtwo
Not forgetting the readers of course.