Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 27: Bounty Hunter

The man looked dignified enough to me, he had been outdone and he knew it.
Lloyd knew it too because me I heard him strike a match and light a long brown cigar.
I looked at him, "they're bad for your health."
He shrugged, "so is traveling with you."
I turned back to the man hiding my grin.

"Man, you have to get me out of here, ill be on your crew sure." He tried to get up, I punched him in the face to stay down.
"PLEASE..." he shouted.
"What's your name son?" asked Lloyd.
Lloyd calling people son sounded fatherly but I knew that he wouldn't hesitate to rip him apart with bullets.
"People call me the deceiver..."
I snickered.
"Well we don't, said Lloyd, what's your name?"

He hesitated, "my name is Zach Olson."
Lloyd laughed, my mouth raised an inch in a sarcastic grin.
This man had a 500,000 credit Ransom on his head, I had seen him on the Majestic's computer.
"Nice load of credits on your fine, well groomed head." I said.
"If you try and take me Ill..."
"You'll do what?" interrupted Lloyd.
He stopped and exhaled.
"If you come aboard the Majestic, you are part of my crew and you must not hurt anyone else that may reside there."
He looked at me and nodded, this guy was in danger, big time.

"I will do what you ask of me sir."
"He doesn't like being called sir."
"Lloyd..." I began.
"Sorry sir." he replied.
I sighed, come on, lets get back to the Majestic, were taking a huge risk taking you aboard Zach, we need to refuel and then we go."

We stood at the refueling station, the Majestic was relatively easy to refuel, it was an extraordinary machine, Lloyd held the hose as I payed the clerk.
I heard a rifle shot. A bullet had planted itself in the side of my ship, it wouldn't harm the flight or time travel in any way, I could tell but it was MY ship.
I looked around, there was a tall man in heavy looking armor and what looked like a motorcycle helmet, pointing a rifle at me.
The visor of the helmet was tinted, a blood red visor, it gave me a shiver down my spine.
He spoke in a powerful confident voice, an accent that I had never heard.
"George Carter, lay down on the ground with your hands on your head, you are an accomplice of Zacharias Olson, you are standing between me and my bounty."

Shit.

Happily before I could panic, Lloyd stepped in front of me and threw bullets at him from his heavy machine gun.
I had never seen acrobatics like it, the bounty hunter jumped to the side and rolled firing the one shot rifle very quickly.
Lloyd brought up the heavy metal of the machine gun and the bullet ricocheted off the gun into the side of the Majestic, again, not fatal but it made me sigh.

The bounty hunter took a stray bullet, he screamed.
I saw him press a button, much like my own, a large ship took hold of the sky, it looked to me like a fuel guzzler, it was shaped almost like a bird, it was a thing of beauty, like a falcon.
He jumped into the open cockpit and flew off.
I had a feeling he would be back.
We stared up at where the ship was and then looked back.
Zach looked simply astonished we survived.
"Cigars don't seem too bad now do they Cap'n?"
I smiled, it didn't touch my eyes.
"Lloyd..."
"Aye sir?"
"Show Mr. Olson his cabin and make me a cup of tea please, I think I need one."
"Your word is God sir."
They went back into the majestic, I felt sand in my long curly hair.
I watch a sand dune collapse, this planet had no wind and no water, it wasn't right.
I pressed the close hatch button and retreated to the cockpit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, thanks to Iliana and Lauren for the help.
This Chapter is dedicated to Adam Bryden for the surname Olson.