Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 29: The gunpowder plot

(30th October 1605, London)

The majestic span into the atmosphere of planet earth, I could hear the fire guzzle away at the metal of the ship, causing no real damage.
I tried to regain control of my ship but the joystick controls were being pulled down because of the air pressure outside the ship.
It took all three of us to pull the joystick upwards.
I could feel as the majestic leveled and we were safe again.
Zach pressed the landing pad button as I lowered the ship.
I cloaked the ship, we had landed on a farm in London.

I could just see Westminster abbey. Landing my ship was not easy here, we had encountered turbulence in the time vortex and span out of control.
I noticed that when I gained control and landed, we had not only landed on a farm but on a farmers crops.
I felt a little bad as I realized I had simply killed the farmers income for a month.
I slotted my pistol into my underarm holster and turned to Zach, he was loading up one of my huge sniper rifles, I had noticed, through much practice in the armory, he was a brilliant sniper.
"Sorry, you cant take that with you man."
"Hey, why not? you have that handgun."
Lloyd snorted, "Its concealed son, you cant carry that thing around or people will start to ask questions, I don't like questions."
He nodded.
"Good point, Ill try to use something more stealthy then."

I watched Zach put a belt of knives over his chest, as you would a belt of spare bullets.
The knives were small but deadly, they were throwing knives, I wondered if he was skilled enough to use them. I counted about twenty small silver knives, each looked as deadly as the last.
They all gleamed in the low light of the majestic.
He put on a long coat that I had made him, it was patched, as if it had been fixed, I had made the same for Lloyd, they looked like they were from the 1600s now, me... I couldn't take off my trench coat... it was so warm.
The coat concealed Zach's knives, he was ready.
"Now were in business," noted Lloyd.
I watched as Lloyd Stark and Zach Olson high fived, it was a sight I loved, it meant they were getting on, that's what I wanted in my crew, friendship.
We were becoming a real team.

Lloyd opened his locker in the cargo bay, there were many lockers, we were all assigned to one, Lloyd took out a different weapon, he clearly opted for something different.
I had heard him sharpening it all night long, it was a long silver dagger, it had scrawlings all down its face, the writing was in Latin, God knows where he got it.
It was special, when it came to the kill this dagger wouldn't be a normal dagger at all, oh no.
When the dagger sank into hot flesh it would inject a deadly poison, fine in small doses but in the dose Lloyd was using, the poison would mess with the nerves of any person and make them confused, maybe attack a friend and most certainly end their life.

The back door of the Majestic opened at the push of a button.
All three of us stepped out of the mighty beast's back.
The door led into my cargo hold where we stepped out from.
It was autumn most of the leaves were now blowing off the trees nearby.
I stepped out onto the brown and golden leaves and sniffed the open air, I was sure to cloak the ship before I left, this ship wouldn't just be alien to these people it would be a threat.
Zach shivered, yes it was very cold, soon it would be time for snow.
"Welcome my friends, Earth, 1605."
"Why did we come here boss?" asked Lloyd.
I turned to my allies and smiled, it did not touch my eyes, it never did.
"What do you know of Guy Fawkes gentlemen?"

Zach shrugged his shoulders, "not my planet."
"Apologies, how insensitive of me," I joked.
Lloyd met my eyes, "he was one of the main men in the gunpowder plot, the gunpowder plot was led by a man named Robert Catesly, it was a plot to blow up the houses of Parliament, the plot would help them evolve their campaign of changing the country to Catholicism and allow them to spread fear, they also had plans to assassinate the king."
I nodded and smiled, "brilliant for a man who was born almost a hundred years prior to me."
"Even criminals are educated sir."
Zach laughed, "not I."
I my finger went up to the air commanding silence, I smiled a cocky smile, "honest criminals, besides we are here to help, yet again, we break the law because it is neccacary, not because we can got it."
"Yes sir."
"Your the boss... boss."
"Well said Zach." I sad.
"It happens tonight, we stop him tonight, a letter has gone out to the king about the plot, we need to see what we can do to help."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is a little late, I didn't write all weekend, anyways here it is!
This is for Thenightmarewriter
Lozzie Ten
Thegoodtwo
add them all, they're all epic, also read their poems and stories, Id defiantly recommend it, Cirque Du Masque is a personal favorite from the nightmare writer x