Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 32: The place I tried to forget (II)

It was winter now and a gust of wind blew towards me interrupting my thoughts about the orphanage.
I shivered, I tightened the belt of my navy blue trench coat and pulled my scarf out of my rucksack.
I noticed my reflection in a puddle, I now looked like I was twenty five, the majestic told me that returning to my own time era, 1985 could have odd results.
As I put my scarf around my neck and wondered why I came here.
It felt like returning to the scene of the crime, this was the place I escaped from, so I asked myself again, "why am I here?"
As if tightening a noose around my neck I tightened the scarf, the icy wind hurt now.

I stood up from the bench I had been sitting on, a streetlight came on and it began to snow, heavily.
I loved the snow, I stuck out my tongue and caught a snowflake on the tip, I wondered if it was true that no two snowflake was the same, like people.
I smiled as the snowflake melted on my tongue, I felt like a child grinning away wildly.
I walked further into the night passing my apartment.
I noticed a 'TO LET' sign next to the apartment now.
That was my life, the essence, my home, my life on earth lay in ashes smoldering, I was lucky I had the majestic or I would be broken.

I reached the park and sat down.
I vaguely noticed something, ah yes.
This was the bench that the police took young Tommy Steel from, the crazy bench.
Were all mad , there was no escaping it.
Madness was like a relationship, embracing it was the only way to fully understand it.
I sighed, what did I want?
My mind was overflowing with one thing, regret.
Regret.

Regret for not helping the wolf, regret for murdering Dan the psycho spartan.
Then there was Iliana, the most beautiful girl in the world, I was what Beelzebub wanted, I was the first to really escape his harvesters, so... they had taken what I loved most in the world. I walked over to a pond which would soon freeze, the silence overtook me.
I took out a single rose and threw it in the water.
"Goodbye my love."
I sat back down and closed my eyes. I seemed to reminisce for hours but my thoughts were struck away from me when a snowball hit me in the side of the head.
I didn't even have to look up from my spot on the ground to know who it was.
"Good shot Lloyd." I said.

He stood there, tall and true, his overcoat was keeping him warm, the red tie was almost full of Christmas cheer, he seemed to dress for occasion.
"Come back boss, we miss you."
I also noticed he was wearing a woolly hat, I laughed softly... while pointing.
"Its to keep warm boss." said Lloyd smiling.
"Yeah it is, its to keep the teapot warm."
Lloyd laughed so hard his stomach hurt.

We began to walk over to the majestic which I could see in the middle of a car park, it was cloaked but the captain could see it, that's if he wanted to.
That was when I noticed my ex girlfriend, Faith.
She was walking out of the local newsagents store, she saw me and looked into my eyes with curiosity.
She smiled.
She noticed differences in my appearance, I looked older than before, more wise.
The hair, it was still just as curly but the light black I used to have had now turned almost charcoal black, the colour she would expect the back of the devil's fire.
She noticed the black stubble on my face, she found this attractive.
The main difference she saw was the eyes.

Faith's Point of view

My eyes were on George, I couldn't look away, he looked so different, he was not the man I said all of those things too.
Not anymore,
His eyes,they had something different in them...
Wisdom.
He had seen everything in the space of two years, God had it been that long?
His eyes told me it was over a hundred years, I guess some people had old eyes.
This cold man I had left had compassion, he understood what it was she wanted in the first place, he wasn't cold any more, he seemed almost human now.
I was about to step forward when he took out a button and pressed it.
My eyes caught sight of a huge vessel.
It was the size of a street and had a massive wingspan, it was made of titanium by the looks of it.
That wasn't what scared me.
It was a spaceship and George was getting in it.
I ran towards the ship as the back door began to close, using hydraulics.
I yelled; "GEORGE!"

George's Point of View

"Maybe next time!" I shouted while waving sarcastically.
"Was that her?" Lloyd asked.
"Yes, that was Faith." I answered.
I walked to the cockpit high fiving Zach, he was reading a pornographic magazine.
"What if I told you porn wasn't allowed on my ship?" I asked trying not to give the game away by smiling.
Zach looked up from the breasts on the page.
"Then I'd say you've broken your own rule captain, Ive seen what fell out of your closet last night."
I hurried to the cockpit away from their laughter, barely containing my own giggles.
We pulled away from earth as Lloyd made the evening meal, a good curry was just what the doctor ordered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, the chapter is dedicated to:
Iliana Cromwell
Lauren Simpson
and
Adam Bryden
My most frequent readers x