Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 34: Rest In Peace

Majestic

Lloyd had finally got the courage to talk to me about his wife.
He wanted to go to New York and lay her to rest, he wanted to be with her in her final moments and he then wanted to have her burried in a place near Queens.
I had obliged and walked over to the console in the cockpit.
He had put his hand on my shoulder, "George, I need to do this alone."
My thoughts caught up to me, of course he would, I hadnt thought.
"Of course man, sorry."
Lloyd got me in a bear hug and high fived Zach as he went past.
"You guys do that a lot you know." I said.
They looked at me and shrugged their shoulders in unison.
"Zach, we're having a three day holiday whilst Lloyd takes the Majestic to New York City on planet earth."
Zach nodded, "he told me, good luck man." He shook Lloyd's hand.

I watched as the Majestic lifted up off the earth and then pointed towards the sky and darted away.
I sighed.
Zach was looking open mouthed behind me, I turned around and stood open mouthed mirroring Zach.
The earth was a wasteland, it had been through war it seemed.
I looked around, we looked like we were in America, I couldnt tell where but I noticed a gun shop.
We had hurried out so fast we had forgotten weapons and stupidly we hadnt typed in a time location, we could be anywhere.
All of the buildings looked like they were going to crumble at any moment.
The roads were cracked and ripped up.
Manhole covers littered the ground.

Everything was wrong.
Zach pointed forward, "look."
It was a tall building, it was huge, at least the size of a skyscraper.
The building was made up of windows and the windows were all tinted black.
The building was built in a triangle shape, the point of the triangle pointed north, toward us.
The huge mass of the building was surrounded by a fence which we could tell was electrofied, there were pylons leading to the fence, they were the only pylons left standing.
Everything looked similar to how America had looked in 1985, I noticed a few minor details.
The televisions were flat, I could see some of them, smashed, in a shop window, along with a tiny video player called Dvd.

"Holy crap." said Zach.
"You said it."
"Follow me," he said.
Zach ran to the weapons shop.
I saw him jump through the broken window and emerge with two shotguns.
He threw one to me and I noticed it had no cartriges.
"I have a better one aboard the Majestic Zach, its called the bloodbringer."
"I noticed, how the hell does that run on bullets by the way?"
I shrugged my shoulders, "I didnt make it."
He loaded me up with ammunition, he picked me out two fine pistols and a .33 revolver, which I strapped to my knee.
"YES!" shouted Zach, he was happy about something.
He emerged with a sniper rifle.
"You love them dont you?"
"Next christmas get me one of these." He mocked.

"We have three days George, three damn days, I suggest we find out what happened here."
I nodded and slotted a magazine ito a machine gun I picked up, I noticed with a grin that it was an Ak-47.
Shotgun on my back, machine gun in hand and plenty of side arms, I was happier.
Zach nodded at the guns, "do you know anything about those?"
I shook my head, "only the names."
"But Ive seen you, you are such a good shot."
I shrugged, "I guess when the need arises, you have to be a good shot."
Zach laughed, "oh so true."
He looked through the scope of the sniper rifle at the building.
"See anyone?" I asked.
He took the sniper rifle down and shook his head.
"We may as well approach man." Zach said.

We walked down this ordinary street to the collosal building.
In America, this wouldnt look so collosal but it was the only tall building standing.
I noticed the corpse of a dog as we went past.
"Poor bitch." said Zach.
We got up to the gates of the building and rang the bell, there was no answer.
Damn.
We stood there for ten minuites ringing the bell, we hadnt noticed the darkness surround us.
"Lets call it a day." said Zach.
"Yeah and lets just find us a hotel." I said sarcastically.
I looked around and physically jumped.
There stood at least fifty humans.
This wouldnt be so bad, usually, the fact that their flesh was rotting and they had eyes missing changed things a touch.
We had just encountered the walking dead.

"Zombies?" I said.
"Zombie's arent real." said Zach, there was doubt in his shaking voice.
One of the Zombies lunged at Zach, it tried to bite him, it got a few inches before Zach grasped its jaw and snapped it.
The zombie fell to the ground, I stamped on its head.
The others watched, the eyes that still remained between the Zombies looked sad, like starving children they stood watching, as if begging, like a dog who wants food.
An alarm went off in the building, it was a claxon, the Zombies screamed and went mad, they lunged at us.
The patter of my machine gun dropped a fair few but Zach's shotgun dropped two at a time.
The gates behind us slid open a few inches, we stepped backwards fast.
The Zombies, now down to about thirty in number, were locked out.
A few ran at the now closed gate. My they were in for a shock.
The electrofied fence cooked them as they attempted to dive over the fence.
The smell of cooked rotten meat filled the air, I vomited on the floor.
Zach watched the former humans in horror.

Behind us a swat team were closing in, they wore military black helmets and facemasks with goggles.
They each held a sub machine gun.
"Ah, what the hell?" said Zach.
We stepped back toward the zombies.
"Get back!" I shouted, pointing the Ak-47 at the swat team.
From behind them, a woman dressed in a smart grew buisness suit stepped in front of the swat team.
She was blonde and wore her golden hair in a bun.
She wore smart glasses, she looked about twenty nine years old.
"Stand down." she said.
We exhaled, I could still hear the Zombies screaming.
"Welcome to Chicago." she said and shot us both with a dartgun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading; this chapter is dedicated to Stephen Oliver.
Thank you also to Iliana Cromwell- Thenightmarewriter
Lauren Simpson- Lozzie Ten
and
Adam Bryden- Thegoodtwo

Peace out: James x