Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 40: Susie Lou

Lloyd's Point of view

George had landed on earth to fulfill an errand.
He had told me about a strange meeting he had when he was nine years old with a little girl.
George told me about the dreams he kept having, he had to save her apparently.
"If I'm not back by the hour, come looking for me."
"Yes sir." said Zach.
Lloyd was leering as I climbed down from the back of the Majestic.
"Whats wrong?" I asked, he had a sullen look on his face.
"You do know this is a trap don't you sir?"
I smiled, "of course its a trap."
Lloyd nodded, "glad you understand sir but I'm still nervous."
George flicked open the trench coat and revealed his special pistol.
"Now that's what I like to see." I said winking at him.
"One hour." George said through the closing doors of the cargo bay.
"One hour." I agreed.
I retreated up to the cockpit and sat down, I cloaked and watched George scout over a cornfield towards his destination.

I looked behind me and noticed Zach, he looked bored.
"Chess?" he asked. I had been teaching him earth games for the past month, he was a quick learner.
"How about blackjack son?" I asked.
He smiled, "sure."
I shuffled the cards and dealed, he smiled.
"Your bluffing." he shook his head.
I eventually put down a ten and an eight. "Eighteen."
Zach put down an ace of spades and a ten, "blackjack, give me your money sensei."

Georges point of view

I saw the block of flats that the girl lived at, the Majestic was far behind me in a cornfield, I was on my own.
One hour.
When I entered the building I spotted an elevator but decided not to use it, the stairs would be better, the elevator is an obvious trap.
I took the stairs two at a time and tripped half way, I was in too much of a hurry, if I fell and broke my neck I would be no help to the girl.
I lifted myself back up and scouted the rest of the stairs carefully.
I came to her door and knocked, there was no answer.
I knocked again, I heard approaching footsteps, what was I going to say to her?
Before I could decide, the wood of the white door splintered around the frame in a deathly orange glow and was thrown towards me.
I lay on the floor, no help to anyone.

Demons point of view

I was lucky, the master Beelzebub picked me for this job, Damian was in punishment.
He had been insolent, he wanted freedom and Independence, two things he would never have again.
Beelzebub had him chained to a wall and granted me permission to take out the infamous George Carter, I couldn't see what the fuss was about, he was a human who had stolen an artifact, the artifact could easily be recovered and the human killed.
The bait was chained to a wall, she was screaming a horrible scream, it frustrated me, the man in her dreams lay in the corridor with a door on top of him.
"Scream once more and Ill tear out your tongue, you parasite."
Her screaming ceased, not because of the threat but because she had noticed the male human getting up off the floor.
The pestilent scum was even brushing himself down as if he hadn't taken a huge blow at all.
He smiled, didn't he know what I was?
Didn't he know how easily I could crush him?
He wasn't immortal any more, the curse was lifted.
Even the human didn't realize, the curse was Damian's way of trying to free himself, hoping the human could take hell down with his immortality.
Idiot.
Now though, the human was walking towards me, I'm ashamed to admit that I was even for a second intimidated but... I was.
The eyes, they had seen so much, he took that weapon in his hands, he held it with no training but he held it with almost a passion.
I was intrigued, my head tilted to the side, I observed him, he was tiny compared to us, he would break easily but that moment I realized...
We couldn't touch him.

George's point of view

I shot the demon three or four times, he looked bewildered as if he was surveying me,
The shock that appeared on his face appeared before I shot him, as if he had found something in my eyes, he screamed as the hot pieces of metal carved their way into his body, orange blood splattered the painted walls, I heard the girl gasp, she was houseproud, I could tell that already.
I put the gun away and stepped toward the demon, he was bent over looking at the ground, he coughed blood.
"You dint know what your dealing with human." said the demon.
He didn't notice the knife in my hand.
"Neither do you demon." I said and cut his jugular.
He was dead before his head hit the floor.
I looked over to the girl and blinked.
She was very beautiful but...
I helped undo the chains, that took a while but it was do able.
"My name is Susie Lou." she said, her voice was sweet and sounded exhausted.
"George Carter."
She smiled as if to a child.
"We've met."
She looked into those sad unforgiving eyes and expected him to be confused.
Instead he smiled, "I know, you were the girl in my wardrobe."

Susie Lou's point of view

He hugged me, that was it.
He was my Savior and I told him about my powers, I observed him in my dreams, I could when I was awake too, I just had to concentrate more.
I was psychic and had the sixth sense.
He was very interested in what I Had to say, he told me the psychic link to my dreams and the locked door to his past was clever.
Then he rose to leave, he had places to go.
I wasn't done quite yet.
He began to say goodbye when I said; "take me with you."
He looked me in the eye and broke contact, "no, I'm sorry, I have to get back to my ship."
He closed the door and I sat down and cried.
I was now hung up over a man I had never met, well done Susie Lou.
I was surprised when my door opened again, George, Lloyd and Zach walked in, they all looked at me smiling, "not before you've met my crew anyway." George said.
I smiled and my cheeks shined, "thank you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, to all my readers!