Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 42: My former love

Majestic: Sitting Room

I yawned.
"Tired sir?" asked Lloyd.
I nodded and gulped down the last of my tea, I always disliked sipping away the last contents of a drink, I always felt empty, like the cup or glass.
"Lloyd, now with Susie aboard I'm going to try and find Damian tonight."
Zach sipped at his fresh hot chocolate, "Ive noticed that you have a slight touch of Insomnia sir."
I nodded at Zach, "yeah, it began exactly one hundred and one years ago."
Lloyd exhaled, "I can't believe you've been traveling that long."
My eyes were distant but Lloyd personally knew the meaning, when I sat and gazed at nothing in paticular, he knew I was reminiscing about past events.
"Maybe you should get some rest sir." Lloyd said.
I stood up and yawned, "maybe you're right."

As I lay nestled in my bed covers, I thought of Damian, when I had first set eyes upon him all of those years ago, I thought of him as the mascot of evil.
Now he was just another guy who had problems.
I sighed, it was going to be one of those nights where I couldn't stop thinking, that was fair enough, I didn't get much time alone nowadays.
The captain's quarter's was modeled on me and me alone.
I had collected pocket watches from almost every corner of the universe and they dangled above me, pinned to the wood ceiling.
My room was carpeted by shag pile, Zach always snickered when he heard that word, and Lloyd always shook his head disapprovingly and said; "immature."
My room had walls that reached almost to the ceiling, they stopped about a meter from the top of the ceiling and turned into glass.
I could see the emptiness of space now, I saw a star die, there is no sound in space so it died quietly.
That got me wondering... death, I never stopped wondering about death what about me?

I heard a sound in the doorway and my eyes opened quickly, the gun came out from under my pillow, the metal of the weapon becoming warm in my pianist's hands.
I pointed it at the doorway where light shone through, and Susie stood.
I lowered the weapon and clicked the safety on.
"That's the second time you've came into my room and forgot to knock." I said.
She smile at me, "that was one hundred and ten years ago, surely you're over it by now." she said, a ghost of a grin on her lips.
I smiled, "of course."
"Was there something you wanted Susie?" I asked scratching my head absently.
"I sensed a question on your mind."
That was silly, she couldn't read my thoughts could she? This thought went through my mind, I must have had a guilty look on my face as I said; "hmmm?"
"You were wondering if you could die."
Shit, she could read my mind, then did she know that I fancy her, even I tried to deny that but when her lips brushed mine that day we rescued her, I knew.
God, she's been with us for nearly...
"Four months." she said.
I gulped, "yes I was wondering if I could die."
She got up and winked, "you'll have to take that up with Beelzebub, I'm going to have a shower now and I think Ill be off to sleep."
"Go ahead." I said and yawned again, this time into my hand.
She began to walk out of the door when she turned; "hey George, I can access any part of your mind, I can tell you things you may have forgotten, maybe things you wanted to forget, ex girlfriends and people you like now."
She giggled and walked out of the room leaving me confused and embarrassed.

I dropped off and entered dreamworld.
I walked through the narrow tunnels of my mind, the blankness of the wold never ceased to amaze me, now it did more than ever.
My nose caught a familiar smell, my mind shouted at me "bad!" as if I were a dog but I kept following, I knew it was wrong but it was too tempting not to follow the smell, like a flower just blossomed, the smell sang it's hypnotic song and had me under it's spell, willing and ready to follow it to the end of the world.
If there was an end.
Dreamworld became misty, I began to have a vision, I saw a man, he had thinning brown hair and a mustache. his eyes somehow looked vaguely familiar even though I had never met this man.
He was lying in bed, I heard him scream, I jumped back as a werewolf jumped on his bed, it looked at him and growled, it raised a paw and hit.
The force of the impact and the claw ripped the side of the man's face off, the paw came back bloody, the wolf began to devour the blood and then the rest of the man.
Susie's father.
"I threw some fire at the werewolf, my own imaginary fire, dreamworld really was mine to sculpture and I was powerful."
The fire made contact with the fur of the werewolf and the beast screamed.
It didn't sound anything like the scream of a wolf, it sounded like that of a man.
A tear fell from my eye, I backed a way.
The wolf disappeared in an instant.

Next to appear I expected Susie's mother and the vampire she had fallen in love with but no.
It was another man, he was handsome, he had black hair which was greased to stand up, he wore black sunglasses.
He walked with a strut and was cool, I didn't know him in his human form but the black leather jacket gave away the game.
So Damian had been a human after all.
It was then I remembered I needed to talk to Damian, I shouted, "Damian, here!"
Damian didn't seem to hear me, he lit up a cigarette and disappeared.
I sighed, I caught that smell again... what was it that was so familiar?
I walked ahead into the dreamworld fog, I immediately saw a silhouette walking towards me, that of a female.
The smell walked towards me.
Her horns were buried deep into her head, as if they had been stabbed there, her smile was malicious and she had a look of disgust on her demon face.
The smell was Lillie's, Iliana's favorite flower.
She had wore the scent every time I had been with her, It was so familiar to me now.
I began to cry, "what has he done to you?"
"Silence human, Iliana Black is better this way, just watch your place, you will be one of us now."
"NO!"
She slapped me hard across the face, Iliana had been about 5"5 when she was human, she had also been so beautiful, now she was none of these things, she stood with red skin and black charcoal hair, horns towering over everything, she had a forked tongue too, sexy in a melodramatic kind of way.
"This is all my fault." I said.
"It was you who let Beelzebub the master corrupt this poor child." Iliana said.
She began to laugh, her mad laugh didn't stop it was hysterical.
I began to laugh too, I began to bleed and cry.
I wept bled and laughed in unison.

I woke up screaming, Susie stood next to the door with Zach and Lloyd.
"Nightmare sir?" asked Zach.
Susie nodded, "his former love."
Lloyd looked at me and I nodded, "ma'am, how do you do that?"
She smiled, "a cross between the sixth sense and female intuition."
She walked out of the room gracefully leaving Lloyd stunned.
"That's the first time in eight year's I've been speechless sir." said Lloyd.
Zach burst out laughing, "oh brilliant."
"I began to laugh my normal laugh with Zach."
And all was well again, well for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the nightmarewriter
Lozzie ten
Thegoodtwo
and you the reader.
Subscribe for updates and please comment, we're getting into the novel now and its getting good!