Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 43: Unlocking the secrets

The Catacombs of Paris
October 19th 2009

Zach and I walked through the empty catacombs of Paris, I had never been to such an eerie place. "Ah, Le catacombs DE Paris." I said.
I was slightly chattier as I was trying to disguise the fact that I was terribly afraid of the underground.
I was holding my pistol in front of me, I was alert of any danger that may be here, too alert.
"Relax boss, it seems quiet."
"Zach, this is a hot spot of evil don't you know, the Majestic's computer has tracked our man here."
He nodded, "how did you do that by the way?"
That was when I smiled, "when Damian attacked me all those years ago, he left a mark, a DNA sample that the computer picked up on, mainly because it was so unusual."
Zach held his own pistol ahead of him, "I keep hearing noises."
"Damian knows we want to see him Zach, he wants even and he knows we're the only people who can confront Beelzebub.

This was a perfect time to be in the catacombs, in 2009 the catacombs were vandalized and had to close, we managed to slip in.
"This place is wrong..." said Zach, his voice was shaking now, he took a comb out of his pocket and began to run it through his hair, almost like a reflex action, simply to have something to do, he was very afraid.
The catacombs were deep underground and what creeped Zach out were the walls, they were lined with bones and skulls.
He was right, it was wrong, it felt ghastly even being here, he was here though, I was sure of it.
" l'Ossuaire Municipal." said Zach. I looked at him in surprise, he had just uttered his first words of french.
"What does that mean?" I asked.
He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know boss, I read it on the sign outside, it must be what the french call the catacombs."

I heard a noise and saw movement.
"THERE!" I shouted and ran forwards, I was following instinct, I had heard something.
We ran into a room that I recognized, I had read about this room on the computer of the Majestic, "crypt of the sepulchral lamp." I informed Zach, look there it is.
As we entered the room I noted more skulls and bones, the high ceiling and the dusty floor.
I raised my weapon as a voice swept from the shadows.
"My kinda place, ey Georgie?"
I lowered my weapon as Damian stepped from the corner of the room, he had not been there when we entered.
He still wore his leather biker jacket, it was a trademark for him.
Today he stood smoking a cigarette, it looked human enough, maybe he missed the habit.
His horns stood out to me now, well horn rather, Beelzebub had one cut off.
"Yeah, it hurt." he said pointing at the missing horn.
"Sorry, I don't know what to say Damian."
He shrugged his shoulders and took a long drag of his cigarette, exhaling it through his snakelike nose.
"Just destroy him, or is that more work that one man can handle?"
I noticed that Zach hadn't lowered the weapon, he still distrusted the demon who had first cursed me with time travel.

I laughed mockingly, "Damian, your job was to think of different ways of making people go mad, surely you can think of a way of defeating Beelzebub."
He screamed and covered his ears. The name burned him.
"Do not say the master's name, when under the influence of torture a demon cannot hear the great ones name without excruciating pain."
Zach smiled, "what about Satan?" Damian screamed.
"Lord of the flies?" he screamed louder.
"Enough!" I said.
"How the hell do I stop him Damian, I want an answer."
Damian flicked out his tongue, "I cannot directly tell you how to kill the master."
He handed me a metal blade and a bottle of white liquid."
He also handed me a letter, "I have written it down instead."
I looked at the letter and pondered the plan, we would have to go back into hell, that was a no brainer, I needed Storm for that.
Storm wouldn't do, it wouldn't be as easy this time, I needed an army.
I looked at the letter again.

Carter:
Satan is much like a vampire, different though, you must stab his heart whilst he is sleeping, he will not be dead, that's what the holy water is for, the holy water is pure good, once you have made that wound, you pour the water in, rub it in, whatever, I don't really care, just do it.
If you fail, we're all doomed.

Damian

I looked at him and sighed, "this is a suicide mission, how long do I have to build up an army?"
Damian thought about this, "a year, so long as you can fight off the demons he sends after you, it is law in hell to leave the escapee a year in advance to turn themselves in, of course they never do that so until then, Beelzebub will send hit squad's in to try and kill you."
"What happens when my year is up?" I asked, although I didn't really need to ask.
"He comes for you personally."
Damn.
He began to walk away, I ran and flagged him down. "Aren't you going to help?"
"There's nothing I can do, I cant fight I'm under physical restraint."
Zach snickered, "more like you don't want to, why don't you just keep us informed, you know, demon, like if the devil has a hit planned?"
Damian shook his head and disappeared.
"THAT BASTARD!" Zach shouted.
I put a hand on his shoulder, "come on, we've learned all we need, lets get out of here, this place is creepy."
He nodded.
I pocketed the black-metal blade and the bottle of holy water.
We walked out of the catacombs the way we came in.
I never returned there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, dont be alarmed if some of the first chapters change, Im re drafting them.