Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 50: Pride

Stryker sat down and sheathed his crossbow, the shock of the explosion Had driven away many beasts if not all of them, they certainly wouldn't approach for at least another few hours.
His muffled voice rang through our ears, I thought it would be rude to ask him to remove it.
"The centaurs are a race filled with pride, anger and care for their brothers, if a single centaur makes friendly contact with a human he is wiped from their planet."

"Are there any female centaurs?" Susie asked.
Stryker shook his head, he didn't tell her why, he didn't have a clue, he may have been the smartest criminal in the universe but he couldn't tell us.
He took out a revolver from a holster on the leg of his faded jeans, his right leg, everything was perfectly within reach, he was prepared to battle a small army if he had to.
He span the revolver and began to add bullets.

"Ill journey to hell with you alright, I guess Ive got no choice, when do we depart in your time machine."
He had said this with a hint of sarcasm in his voice, although his eyes told me that he wanted it to be true, he wanted to journey in a time machine, his mind told him that it wasn't possible, that it wasn't real.

"Anyway, the centaurs were born into this planet at least twenty million years ago, not many humans know about them, all of the great races do though, the knights, the milita and of course Blackbeard."
My eyebrows were raised at the sound of the name.
"Blackbeard? like the pirate?"
Susie giggled, she drew close to me and she was in my arms, she was shivering, it was damn cold on this wind planet.

"Not a pirate matey, a ruler, he rules a cluster of planets called Antlantica, It comes from some human myth, I forget, its year 5408, I'm getting older, I don't know how much longer I can run."
I clapped him on the back, "your welcome on the majestic with my crew, it's cold on this planet, luckily we're going to be heading to a much hotter place once we are ready."
He smiled, "I once thought hell was just a myth, current events and the destruction of the greats have made me think differently."
"The spartans?" I asked.
"Yes, they were foolish in a moment of triumph, apparently they were deciding the fate of the universe, they were like a government at first, then came their racial hate against the humans, they say all of the spartan's are gone, but those soldiers are too tough, there's more, I know it."

"Atlantis, that's what the cluster of planets is inspired by, both Blackbeard and Atlantis relate to the sea."
I smiled at Susie, "she's right." I said.
Stryker smiled rather weakly, "that's not relevant at the moment, Blackbeard isn't relevant, he's too powerful to face if he interferes."
He continued with his disrupted story.
"The centaurs were born and they built this planet, they have many huts amongst the trees, they survive, they use the trees for weapons and they hunt the beasts on this planet.
It doesn't actually have a name, this planet. The name; the warrior's creed, it is just a rumor, spread about by people, pirates mostly, smugglers and colonists, scum of the universe."

I looked at Susie and grinned, "you're going to love a friend of mine then, he's a pirate."
Stryker nodded, his head tilted upwards towards us and he raised a single eyebrow.
"His name don't happen to be Johnny Storm does it?"
My grin disappeared, "if you've got a feud against John I cant have you on my ship."
He smacked my back and begin to laugh, "Johnny is an old friend, I was crew on his old ship, it flew beautifully, broke down in the end, after I left."
Susie nodded, interested, "what was the name of the spaceship?"
Stryker smiled reminiscing, "ahhh, she was called the Oasis, and what a beauty the old girl was."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading x