Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 53; The Trap

“Isn’t this a little bit too familiar to you sir?” asked Lloyd, in a state of deep agitation.
“She’s my responsibility, I’m going, it’s because of me that she’s trapped.”
Susie slapped me on the face and seeing the emotion flare up on my face she drew me into a deep hug close to her breast. “George, if you want to go rescue Faith on your head be it but we can’t risk soldiers, Beelzebub himself made contact, which means it’s he who is on that street in London, if you go, he’ll take you both straight to hell.”
I bowed my head; I knew that every word she spoke was the truth.
I turned back to the communications screen in the cockpit, the screen that Lloyd and Storm and been glaring at.

“I decline Beelzebub.”
Beelzebub’s eyebrows retreated to the top of his head.
“You can’t decline, you human poison, she’s of importance to you, I checked.”
I nodded, “so is the title Beelzebub to you, so I’m going to take it away from you.”
Beelzebub spat fire, “how do you know these things human?”
I heard footsteps behind me and Sachar entered the cockpit and the conversation.
“I know of your kind Beelzebub, we Marzons know of your dealings, your armies, you find it unlucky to have an army less than 100,000 in hell, so that’s the amount of demons in combat that you possess, it’s a demon obsessive compulsive disorder if you like, D.O.C.D.”
I laughed at the look on Beelzebub’s face; the laugh was mainly to hide my worry and disgust, was I going to just let Faith die?
Beelzebub was panting now but he jumped out of shot for a second, long enough for us all to enquire to each other’s faces in question.
We looked back to see him holding Faith by the neck.
She had been crying, none stop, and it showed.
Still there was the sense of bravery that always existed on her small face.
Her hair swept over her eyes, Beelzebub whispered something in her ear and she nodded, tears dripping from her face.

“George, I’m so proud of what you achieved, you always wanted to touch the stars, you were always exploring the world for something more interesting than you possess, now you have it, a space ship and time machine and a girl named Susie.” I felt Susie wince behind me, mainly because of the tone that she had said the word in.
I touched the screen, as if touching her face once more, a single tear dripped from my own eye. She smiled at this. “Finally managed to get the waterworks working?”
I laughed, “Yeah, I suppose so, everything has changed.”
She nodded, “It will have, listen, no matter what he says, no matter what happens, because I know what is going to happen next, do not come hunting for revenge, not to earth, not alone, you understand me?”
I nodded gravely.
“HURRY UP!” Beelzebub threw this word at her like shrapnel.
“Gather your armies of… aliens… and make him pay.”
At the last word Faith said, Death’s scythe was swept across her neck and she was decapitated.

“NOOOO!” I shouted.
“You utter bastard.” Lloyd said.
“Coward.” Said Storm.
Stryker entered the room, “I can insult you but the biggest insult that I can throw at you will be a crossbow bolt in the neck and a double helping of holy water in the wounds, you slime.”
Beelzebub picked up the severed head of Faith, I couldn’t help but gag.
He kissed the lips of Faith and looked at the monitor.
“End transmission.” He said and punched the monitor out.
*

Faith was a good woman; she didn’t deserve what she got.
If she had never met me then she could have died a happy old woman with a husband and grandchildren.
None of the crew had asked me to go back in my time machine and change what had happened.
This had happened because of me, this is my time line and I couldn’t cross the time line or a paradox would be formed and we’d destroy the universe as fast as it was made.
The crew couldn’t go back on their timeline’s either, if a member of the crew wasn’t on the ship at the time we could have picked them up and they could have gone to the location of Beelzebub and Faith at the time of the transmission and somehow devise a single handed rescue.
Although that plan was suicide, everyone was on the ship.
Everyone was in one room, in the cockpit, we all saw her execution, and Susie had vomited.
Susie…
Man, I was falling in love with her, I don’t think the crew has noticed that she comes in my room every night and leaves on a morning, well perhaps Storm may have noticed, he notices everything, or so Stryker informs me.
The friendship between Stryker and Storm is very strong, I see them every day having a drink, watching the television or playing cards, generally just having fun.
I wish I had a bond with someone like that.
Lloyd entered my room after knocking.
“You alright sir?”
I nodded, “Ill be alright Lloyd, thanks.”
“We need to get on track to Atlantica, sir, Blackbeard will be vicious but a tremendous ally, Sachar tells me his Army adds up to 70,000 and rising.”
A smiled touched my face, that was very nearly enough for the assault.
“He also has an army on 10,000 timber wolves at his command, those could be an added bonus, getting him on our side will be the hard part, he doesn’t reason with people, he just shoots them out of the sky with his mortars.”
I nodded, after that then we only need 30,000 troops, where are we supposed to find those?”
Lloyd scratched his head, “perhaps sir, if we get Blackbeard’s help then we can ask him.”
I high fived Lloyd, his plan was good.
“Sir?”
“What is it Lloyd?”
I could see he had a deck of cards in his hand and a grin on his face, “fancy a game of blackjack sir?”
I suppose Lloyd was that friend after all, sometimes you spend your whole life searching for something or someone and they’re right there in front of you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading more up soon x