Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 54; Planet X

The Majestic got permission to enter Atlantica airspace and flew between the planets hoping to reach the one it wanted in one piece.
The main planet was called Planet X, this planet wasn’t home to anyone except Blackbeard and his minions, and it was strictly military.
“Give me the stick Lloyd, we can’t request landing because they will know we are here, we need to keep the element of surprise, plus, they would deny us entry and they’d be rude about it.”

Lloyd chuckled and got up off the pilot’s seat, “all yours sir, what are you going to do?”
“Fancy piloting Lloyd, tell the crew to strap in tightly, then you strap in yourself.”
Lloyd nodded and I waited above Planet X another two minutes. Lloyd returned and I heard him strap himself into his favourite brown leather seat in the cargo hold. “AYE SIR!”
“Good, this is risky, if we all die here, it’ll all be my fault.”
“How could we die here sir? Were in space.”
“Turrets Lloyd, defence turrets, they can shoot us down, that’s what they’re designed to do.
“So not the best news sir.”

I sighed; I needed to fond out the strategic way of entering the planet without destruction… the majestic computer!
“Computer scan the weaponry defending the planet below us.”
There was a beep and the computer responded, “the planet below us is armed with three Mark V turrets, the Mark V turrets are able to shoot three beams at once but are only pointed at one direction because they can’t move, they will be placed strategically, so the best thing to do would be to roll the ship when the beam comes near, they are rather slow and they over heat so only one shot will be fired… or rather 3 from one and nine from all three.”
Lloyd laughed, “Isn’t that A.I a barrel of chuckles sir?”
I smiled, “you bought it Lloyd.” I looked back and Lloyd shrugged his shoulders in the ‘it was a spur of the moment’ type look.

I snapped back around and hammered the accelerator forward, the ship dove majestically towards Planet X, I wasn’t sure where the turrets were going to be located, this could be a short trip.
The Majestic was just about to enter the atmosphere when I noticed three beams of red plasma zooming towards us from behind, I rolled the ship and the plasma zoomed carelessly past, where we were moments ago. Rolling the ship made everyone shake with fear but it filled me with adrenaline and the smile on my face touched my eyes.
The turret I noticed had been mounted on a satellite, very sneaky indeed, no doubt that others had missed the turrets and been blasted into space dust.
The Majestic carved her way through the atmosphere, I could smell that heat just as you entered the atmosphere, it smelled just like smoke on a clear spring day, it was a good smell, it was the smell of nostalgia, the spring mornings at the orphanage…
The fire opened up and I could see the planet below, it was hostile, it was full of small buildings, they looked like barracks, all iron, it looked cold and unwelcoming.
The building that towered over all though was clearly black beards it was a spire, like a skyscraper, it had no windows.

Everywhere on the planet seemed to have a small fire, they were lit in barrels and on torches.
A beam of plasma was almost as close as the windscreen of the ship and If I hadn’t noticed it when I did, it would have been too late.
I dipped the Majestic, there wasn’t time to roll, I turned the engine off, this made the ship lose altitude, hence the dipping.
When the engine started again I was relieved, I was expecting it to break and us to fall to our…
How pessimistic.
That turret was secured to the spire, we were lucky to be alive.
I noticed the landing pad below, like a helipad but a lot bigger with a big L on it.
There was a crash from the back of the ship and a few shouts and Susie burst in the cockpit, I heard Lloyd struggle to tell her to sit down.
“What is it?” I asked patiently.
“I think there’s a turret on the landing pad.”

We had landed already, Susie wasn’t joking though, any signs of movement and it would shoot, we were just far away from the turret not to set it off, mainly because I landed short of the lines.
“Lloyd, take an E.M.P, that’ll blow the turret’s system, then whilst were gone, re- programme it, like I taught you, if you can’t remember, ask the computer.”
Susie and I hadn’t stopped looking at each other; there was the deviant sexy look in her eyes that made me hungry.
“Sir, the E.M.P will short out the Majestic too, no computer and the ship won’t be able to start or move.”
I moved over to Lloyd and touched his shoulder, “then Black beards help is vital Lloyd.”
He nodded.
If we didn’t construct an alliance with Black beard then we could kiss the Majestic goodbye, before we could change our minds I heard an electro magnetic pulse grenade blow all of the electrics, the crews moans were audible.
They all stumbled into the cockpit and I lit candles and told them my plans, Lloyd was still lighting candles all over the ship.
“That’s suicide George, you’ll never make it.” Sachar said.
John Storm laughed, this was a laugh that cheered me up, made me optimistic.
“Suicide, Sachar, the kid can pull it off, just watch him, I say kid, he’s older than any of us really, you already look like your thirty.”
I patted John on the back, “I feel older every day, But I don’t want to stop, I love this game.”
“It isn’t a game son.” Sachar warned.
Now it was time for Stryker to laugh, “Isn’t a game? Pull your head out of your arses Marzon, if you have arses that is.”

I held my hand up for silence, “no fights, remember?”
There was a chorus of “aye, sir.”
Venturing out was to be dangerous, I took John and Stryker, Lloyd was going to be working on the turret, I knew Lloyd would die for me, he was brainier and more powerful than either Stryker or Storm, he learnt faster than I could teach. He had already picked up a few hundred languages too.
We ventured out onto Planet X and noticed the barren military wasteland was going to be more dangerous than we imagined.
There was little cover, soldiers were posted everywhere and wolves, I could hear the howl of the timber wolves.
I shivered, “let’s go lads.”
I heard the metallic loading of weapons behind me, when we were confident that we were armed and ready we set off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading peeps, more up soon