Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 58: The Squadron of Rah

We were welcomed to planet Rah, we were welcomed by a squadron of Spartans. I began to wonder if this day could get any more weird.
I shook hands with a tall armoured man as we stepped from the majestic, he was very well built and at least seven feet tall.
The five inch armour that I had seen on Massidonia looked shinier on this troop, he hadn't seen the light of battle, he hadn't seen bloodshed and pain, he would soon though, war was coming to the universe, the Spartans would fight.

Whether they liked it or not.

"Welcome to our outpost sir, my name is Colonel Dai Li, how may I assist you? I stood up straight and smiled at the man, he was a war machine and i knew it, he would do well. "Colonel, my name is George Carter, this is my shipmate Sachar, we request permission to see your leader, what is his title?"
I expected the man to throw back his head and laugh like that crazy asshole Dan would have, but he didn't.

"Sorry folks, I'm going to have to ask your intentions and then report them to the high combat."
The high combat?
Now that was a title.
I smiled and nodded, "of course, our intentions are to build up an army and voyage into the deepest darkest depths of hell in order to wipe Beelzebub himself off the face of the universe."
Sachar bowed his head and smiled, he wore a purple cloak today, I never asked why, his fashion sense didn't bother me, the fact that a rapier hung from his waist was the only thing I was interested in, things could turn hostile."

Dai looked shocked but nodded, he turned away from us and scouted over the golden soil of Rah to the gates of the outpost, I observed as he picked up a radio and spoke into it, he nodded and responded back and then put the radio back where it was. He walked back over to us, taking his strides carefully, if you are in armour that heavy I suppose I would too.
"I cant believe I'm going to say this folks but, go on in, the high combat has a tent at the very left of the outpost, good luck in convincing him."
I raised my eyebrows, "I didn't say anything about convincing him about anything." The Spartan laughed, he had a warm, cheerful laugh, "Son, everyone who comes here to see high command wants something, you want an army, you cant march into hell on your own."

I laughed, these guys were smarter than I gave them credit for, but did their fighting skills match their intelligence, were they the legendary fighters that I had heard so much about and why were they feared?
"Thanks for your help." I said to Dai, I didn't want to say anything to him, in fear of revealing too much.

We walked through the nine feet gates, the gates were made of wood and were carved down at the very top to give the old fashioned spike effect, how neat!
Sachar began to sweat, I didn't even know Marzons did sweat, and I had read up on them for hours. "Something wrong?" I asked him.
"Just worried sir, the Spartans killed a lot of my family in the battle that we inevitably lost, I don't want to be killed here sir."
I nodded, "don't worry Sachar, they don't much like humans either, if my knowledge is correct."

We walked up to the tent, my boots had golden soil stuck to them, I would have to put that in a glass jar, I had been making a collection of sands, soils and waters from planets I had visited, each one of them holds a memory for me, like a school yearbook.
As we approached the bean green tent I noticed a guard outside of the tent, his face looked unkind, he looked like he was the kid who grew up squashing bugs and killing cats.
His face was like a human bouncers, except from the helmet he wore which obviously put him as a Spartan guard, I noticed his nose was curved at an odd angle, as if it had been broken lately.
"State your intent." he said as we approached the tent.

Sachar spoke, "we have been given clearance to see the high combat."
The Spartan raised an eyebrow, "is that so?"
Sachar and I nodded, we looked a little bit like idiots as we did.
"Okay, but I'm going to have to confiscate any weapons you may have guys, rules are rules, the high combat represents law and order, if he was assassinated..."
I nodded, "all hell would break loose, we understand."
I took off my magnums and took my repaired captains pistol out of my pocket and put them in a cardboard box he was offering to me.
I felt oddly naked right now, just like last night.
Don't think about that, focus on the mission.

Sachar gave up his sword and pistol with a sour expression on his green face, he looked like a boiled sweet.
"Okay guys, you can have these back when you come out."
I nodded and he moved aside to let us past, i noticed an assault rifle on his back, unlike the rest of the squadron.
Perhaps it was standard issue for a guard, i didn't care.
We entered the tent and there he sat, not on a throne but on a simple chair, and around him sat more Spartans, they looked high in rank, compared to the other Spartans at the door.
The high combat stood up and bowed, "please Mr. Carter, be seated."
He looked at Sachar and nodded, "and you Mr?"
"Sachar."
The high combat smiled, revealing gleaming teeth and gestured at the chair, we sat down reluctantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading everyone :D