Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 66: Decieving Satan

I still couldn’t believe he could do that to me.
Surely I was as good as a demoness. He wouldn’t abandon my love for her.
Would he?
I sat in the London underground frowning, I wanted to get in contact with George, I still loved him, but that was beside the point. He was banging his ex girlfriend, she was a demoness for Christ sake, and didn’t he have standards? I bet the only protection he used was that damn gun of his. I looked at my passport, Susie Lou, the photo was faded, I was glad, and I hated that photograph of myself. Looking at the woman in the photograph now I could see a significant change in her eyes. Eyes are the doorway to the soul; a bright person once told me that. It’s a pity that bright person had to be the trench coat wearing, demon shagging whore of a man. I giggled, I was overreacting. I swept a couple of tears from my hazel eyes and stood up. My hair was tied back, that was how George liked it best. I wasn’t one of those girls who always thought in the past, but what if he did have a genuine reason? What if he had to shag her? People looked as me as I laughed sourly, I needed to get in contact with a man I could trust and I needed to do it now.

***
“So that’s it then, you duel when you reach hell?” I nodded, Lloyd looked at me nervously. “With all due respect sir, he will tear you limb from limb and leave you hanging as a warning to the rest of the rebellious human race.” I arched an eyebrow, “solidly put, thank you Lloyd.” Stryker entered the living room of the Majestic and plonked himself down on one of the comfortable chairs. “He’s right, you have no master swordsman experience, granted you have duelled but that means nothing.
I turned to Sachar, “what about you, what do you think?” Sachar looked up from his magazine entitled, ‘lookalikes weekly.’ Sachar grimaced, “I think you’re dead sir, you’ve insulted them personally, you are an amateur and they know that, it’s going to be like walking up to a mafia boss with a banana in hand.” I laughed, Sachar had a way with words, he was still getting used to human dialogue, although he could speak all Earth languages very well, he was still rusty. It was a big achievement for a Marzon to learn languages of other planets.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got a plan.” The three men looked up at me in unison, all with a terribly worried look on their faces. “What will that plan consist of sir?” asked Lloyd. I rolled a shoulder, “we cheat, the devil does it enough to get what he wants.” Lloyd smiled at me as if I were a small child. “Sir, I don’t think that’s going to work, I don’t see a way to cheat.” I held up a hand, sat down and rubbed my temples. “We take our army in as planned, you guys stay hidden in the sidelines, Lloyd, and you will act as a general to the troops, while Sachar and Stryker accompany me into the main chamber. I confront Beelzebub with the sword, as if we were going to have the one on one duel. Beelzebub will be assured that I have accepted his proposition for the duel and won’t expect an army to run through the doors. When I give the all clear that his army is distracted, I will shout the names of the two armies that have chosen to assist us.”

Lloyd raised an eyebrow and straightened his tie. “I’m going to need a metal suit.” I nodded, “there’s plenty of armour on the walls of the armoury.” Lloyd shook his head, “no, I might make a real suit and tie out of metal.” Stryker laughed throatily and Sachar smiled, I was happy to see the smile touch his eyes. Lloyd shrugged, “if we’re going out, I want to go out with style.” Stryker smiled, “amen brother.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, short chapter, I know, this is just the build up, next chapter, we're going to war. Please leave comments!