Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 70: The seven thousand and second Beelzebub

I had a stump for an arm. But I had a girl on the other, that kind of balanced things out. As we moved up the stairs, we had to push past many Spartans and Atlanticans. We saw many of our dead too, the demons had a thing for decapitation, it showed. Many of the Spartans helmets lay on the floor, vacant from their owner’s heads, which lay next to them like abandoned footballs.

The stairs were bloodied, the red blood of the human and the different colours of the demon. All demon blood was a different colour; the colour that lay on the stairs was black. I had heard the horn that had blared; we were going to get a fight. Beelzebub had awakened his troops and much like my men, they would be marching to the fortress. Problem was, my men were there before me.
As we entered the corridor which Lloyd and Stryker had waited I charged into the open metal door. The sight that grasped me will stay with me for life. Lloyd lay mangled on the floor, unconscious but not dead. His heavy weapon lay on top of him, trapping him. In his weakened state he wouldn’t be able to lift it. Sachar was being held by two demons, I had never heard Sachar scream as much, he was struggling to go forward to Beelzebub, who was holding someone up by their neck.

Stryker

Beelzebub held Stryker’s crossbow in his demonic hand, the remaining Spartans that hadn’t been killed were being held by the demons. The Atlanticans lay on the floor in many pieces. I couldn’t identify the Atlanticans as humans anymore, just red greasy meat. I watched in horror as the crossbow was pointed at Stryker’s head and the trigger pulled. Stryker noticed me before the trigger was pulled, he had smiled and winked. Then there was an explosion of ice and gore and old Stryker was no more.

Beelzebub was laughing, glee in his voice. I noticed that the last of my men were entering the fortress, the portal was now closed, and we were trapped. Beelzebub became aware of the room becoming silent of demon talk. I noticed Damian’s face break into a smile. If Lucifer’s eyes had opened any wider, I was sure a train would be able to pass through them. He dropped the body of Stryker and ran to me screaming he grasped my coat and kicked me. That was a mistake. He wanted this to be slow, to beat me to death, but I had landed very close to Sachar. That was his biggest mistake.

“How’s it going?” I asked Sachar. He gestured to the demon holding him. “The mob seem to think I am in alliance with you sir.” I smiled and shrugged. “Foolish people, have you got it.” He looked behind me Beelzebub was sharpening a tool and approaching. He nodded and passed me the dagger. I whipped round to face Beelzebub. Of all of the years that he had been the Beelzebub, I don’t think he had ever looked as astonished as he looked now; he was a complete loss of words. He dropped the torture instrument and began to back away slowly. “You can’t escape your fate Carter.” I smiled but didn’t say anything, still I approached Beelzebub. “Another Beelzebub will come after me.” His eyes never left the holy blade, in my peripheral vision I could see Damian standing still, waiting for the moment. “Yeah and if the next Beelzebub bothers me, I’ll kick his ass too.”

Without warning, Beelzebub jumped to his feet. “Demons, now you may kill him, do not hesitate to bring me his head.” Beelzebub scrambled back. The demons circled me, like a shark would circle its prey. I was the prey and they were the predator. In other words I was doomed. I heard a loud clicking noise; my attention was drawn towards the metal door. The demon guarding the door went to open the metal door. I think even the demon was terrified when the metal door shot forwards and out of the empty window. The rest of my squad stood at the door, with no one other than the high combat.

The high combat threw me an assault rifle; I loaded a magazine into the assault rifle and began shooting demon ass. The doorway was blocked off, Beelzebub couldn’t and wouldn’t flee. Besides, it didn’t matter how scared the demon was, he would see me die this night or die trying. If he did neither then the demons who occupied hell would shun him out of government. The high combat took down two demons at once, assault rifle in one hand and pistol in the other. He began laughing. “Now this is the stuff, son!”
I smiled and gunned down an approaching demon, it died with a squeal. The prostitutes were free and they ran out of the doors, the Spartans kindly let them pass. Beelzebub ripped the heads of two Spartans and threw them in the direction of the high combat. “You fucking demon scum!” yelled the high combat. He let rip a few rounds of his pistol at Beelzebub. The devil roared showing rows of sharp pointed teeth.
After three minutes or so the demons were dropped, I watched as ten Spartans held down the Beelzebub. These men were muscle-bound and did not tire easily, but the Beelzebub was nothing but a powerful war machine. The high combat put a hand on my shoulder. “It’s over son, sorry about the hand.” He gestured at Lloyd, he was being bandaged by blonde female Spartan, and he looked at me and winked. I laughed out loud and disguised it as a violent cough.

The deed was to be done; I walked over to the soldiers and the demon king. “Let go of him.” The Spartans looked at me as if I were mad. “But sir, just stab him whilst we have hold of him.” I shook my head. “Noticed anything different?” The soldier looked confused but then nodded. “He’s stopped struggling.” I smiled weakly, “he admits defeat.” The soldiers let go of the panting demon. “Arise Lucifer, seven thousand and second Beelzebub.” He raised his eyebrows but obeyed. He looked directly into my eyes and laughed. “Coward, you need ten men to do your dirty work, you don’t have the guts to kill me.”

It was my turn to laugh, the sourness showed and his smile faded slowly. Fear and worry touched his eyes. I removed the dagger from my pocket swiftly and pierced the hard demon flesh where his heart was. Beelzebub screamed, and he tried to run. Admitting defeat in the demon world is to allow the enemy to cut you down without escape. My men jumped the demon once again. I looked deeply into his eyes as I once more grasped the dagger and squeezed the concoction which pumped holy water into his blood.

I think it took about an hour for his feet to stop twitching, we all watched with casual fascination. We had done it; we had executed the demon king. It still made me wonder, where was Xvatier? I was expecting the demon prince to be on the front lines, supporting his father. He was nowhere to be seen. Was he a coward or was he waiting somewhere to pounce us? No matter, we had taken worse, we could deal with him.
I had fallen asleep, in hell of all places; it was Lloyd who woke me up out of the nightmare involving Stryker and the crossbow. “Sir, I think you want to come and see this.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading this chapter, Beelzebub is no more, only a little more left!
Please comment and or subscribe