Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 75: Stories in the Scenic Hotel

Susie grinned, “It’s a long story.” I placed my empty bowl of cereal on a tray and sat with them on the comfortable chairs. It was almost like being back on the Majestic again. “Xvatier used a detonator and Carbane’s fuel to blow my ship up. The fuel burns like no other, I assure you. There is nothing of my ship left.” Lloyd nodded slowly. “The Majestic is dead, deep in space. We will touch down on that problem later. In the meantime, I have this.” Lloyd opened the pocket of his overcoat and drew out the silver pocket watch we had taken from hell.

“You still have it?” I asked eagerly. Lloyd nodded, “This was our ticket out of that place.” I looked around the room, confusion touching my features. “That was what fell out of Lloyd’s pocket, the watch opened a portal and we were transported safely back to Earth.” Lloyd chuckled, “right sir, damn right. We got there the same year too, except that I landed in Germany and Susie in France. Your timeline suggests that all of your family have been from London and Susie’s from France. I always knew I had German ancestry.”

I stroked my face; I could have cut myself on the amount of stubble that rested on it. “That makes sense, the only thing that doesn’t though is the watch.” Susie raised her eyebrows. “He’s right; we’re only supposed to get one use out of the watch.” “Yeah, that’s because it can’t go through the portal as it’s holding up the portal” I said. Lloyd sat up straighter, “I don’t know what to say about that sir.” I heard a loud crunch and looked behind me. Zach was biting into a red apple and smiling. “I can, okay listen to this. The watch floats away from your pocket and the catch opens due to the pressure in space. The portal opens, pretty close to your frozen bodies. You eventually float into the portal. The backlash from the explosion from the Majestic loosens the watch from stabilising the watch and the watch flows into the portal. The portal slowly closes, a human couldn’t get through with the watch, but the watch is small enough on its own t fit through.”

I smiled, “that would work, let’s assume that’s the answer for the moment.” Zach shrugged, “can you think of anything better captain.” I flinched when I heard the title. Lloyd noticed and shook his head at Zach and gestured him to sit down. He did slowly, biting into his apple in unison. I took in a deep breath and looked up at Zach. His hair was as well groomed as usual; it looked like it was gelled into a messy sort of look. To me it looked stylish. Thank God he had gotten rid of the ponytail.

I was still suspicious; I reached into my pocket and deposited my pistol. I took off the safety and pointed it at Zach. Zach’s eyes lit up in fear. “Wow, boss, chill take it easy man.” I sighed. “I need to know how you are still alive, there’s every possibility that you are an imposter, those demons took you away and I will not be tricked into thinking I have my friend back. I will not fall for that trick a second time.” Zach nodded; Lloyd had obviously told him the news of John Storm. “George, I was in hell, in a cage above the rest. I had been turned into a demon; Beelzebub was having trouble making me obey, so he just kept me in there all day. When you stabbed Beelzebub and ended his life, I yelled down. I knew I was too high up for you to hear, but I did it anyway.”

“It was Damian, eventually. When Beelzebub died, I found myself human again. I was alive, untainted. When you let out Damian he flicked a switch on a console, near the throne. I can’t imagine that you saw him. He’s one of the sneakiest people I have ever encountered.” I raised an eyebrow, “impressive, what did the switch do?” Zach smiled, “the switch opened every one of the cage doors. Men and demons alive crawled out of the cages. The demons were the unlucky ones, they had sinned, and they couldn’t get their lives back. I did though, I managed to climb down from the top, and it took me about an hour. I needed to be careful or I would have toppled to my death.”

I grinned, “What happened next?” Zach crossed his legs, “I made my way to the room where you had headed and I saw your old pocket watch on the floor. I used it, it was only one journey. It got me to Earth, Australia, where my ancestors came from, before the planet became too harmful to live on.” Now that was one hell of a story, I believed him, there was no way he could have known so much without him actually experiencing it. I could just assume he was a demon and shoot him, to see how long it took him to die. I looked down at his new sniper rifle and holstered my new gun. “Its good to have you back mate.”
Zach’s face practically lit up. “You believe me?” I nodded, “No one else can build and maintain a sniper rifle as well as you. I’m pretty convinced that you are the best in the universe.” I walked over to Zach and we hugged.

The team was back together. I grinned, I hadn’t been so happy in a long time. We had set off to kill Beelzebub, to free the universe from his embrace. We had destroyed the plans he had constructed to control the minds of the species. I sat back down and I felt pretty damn good about myself.
Susie tied her hair back and took out a single magnum I hadn’t noticed. It lay at her hip, almost unmatched in its beauty. She pulled out the cylinder and added six bullets to it. “What’s our next move captain?”

I looked to the floor. “Do you guys have to call me that?” Lloyd chuckled, “of course captain.” I laughed, “alright, do you remember about a year ago when I said we needed to plan to build a new ship when the Majestic got too old to function?” Lloyd nodded. “Okay, now is the time. With our skills we can build it.” Susie looked a little sad, “yes, we could, but we’re on Earth, the parts aren’t here.”
It was my turn to look majestic, “ah, but dear Susie, I have a favour to call.” I turned to Lloyd where are we?” Lloyd looked at me in confusion. “We’re in the Scenic hotel, in north London.” I smiled, “Perfect, I need a phone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, much appriciated.
Please comment and or subscribe