Status: Time Travel. Demons. Beelzebub himself. All after me, George Carter. It never rains it pours.

The Time Travel memoirs: Lost And So Alone

Chapter 8: Till death to us part

Death looked at the girl inquisitively, no doubt wondering whether or not to kill her on the spot. Death raised a fleshless hand to her. “Be gone child, my quarrel is not with you.” The girl instead came closer to me, her presence made butterflies flutter in my stomach. I felt the pocket watch vibrate inside my trench coat and I took it out to study it, never taking my eyes off the girl or Death. I opened the pocket watch and looked into it. In return, it looked into me.

I heard the voice of Damian the harvester. “You George Carter are supposed to be with that girl. She isn’t an ordinary girl, your future is certain, hers is not. Rescue her and escape, there is an exit behind Death.” I looked behind Death. There was indeed a gate. Nothing had changed, I had to assume only I could hear the voice of Damian. “Her name is Iliana Black, take her, and run with her. Escape a cruel fate that this day holds for you both. If you don’t run, you will be slaughtered, as will she moments after.”

I looked up at Death from my place in the soil; Iliana was close to him now about three metres away. Death slammed the handle of the scythe to the floor and swung it in Iliana’s general direction. I took this problem as an opportunity in disguise and pounced at Death. I knew I wouldn’t get another chance like it, I was almost dead from fatigue and my breathing was laboured. I grasped the heavy wood of the scythe and Death roared at me. I swung Death round to face me and placed my boot on his ribcage and kicked. His scythe was still in my hands and it was torn from his grip.

I swung the scythe down onto Death with an almighty snarl and landed it in his shoulder bone. Death wasn’t stuck but he was distracted. Iliana looked at me with a petrified expression on her smooth face. I don’t know why but I met her eyes and grinned wildly. I took her hand and we both jumped over my gravestone. “YOU MUST DIE!” yelled Death. We sped up and I grimaced at the words. “Not today bone boy.” Iliana giggled and we hurled ourselves out of the gate and closed it after us.

“What an asshole,” she said. It was my turn to laugh, I was surprised at the sound, seriously, I didn’t do it enough. “We’ve just met Death himself and that’s what you say?” I smiled at her. She shook her head smirking. “No, we’ve just avoided Death for another day, correction.” I beamed and stuck out my hand, “George Carter, glad to make your acquaintance.” Iliana smiled, her grin was like sunshine. “Iliana Black, but you already knew that didn’t you.” My eyebrows shot up. “How did you know that I knew that?” Iliana strutted ahead, “you just told me George.”

We walked a few more steps together and told me that she had heard something similar, but it came from her mobile phone. “What did this guy tell you to do?” I asked. Iliana shrugged, I noticed her breasts quiver at the movement. It was interesting, very interesting. “He told me your name and what was about to happen and he told me that fate was to bring us together, that we are lovers in the future.” I raised an eyebrow and sat down on a park bench, she joined me. “And you believed a strange guy on a mobile phone?” She shook her head slowly, “not at first, but then I heard you scream.”

I smiled gently, “well thank yo-“Darkness surrounded us, slowly, like smoke. It was night time, it was dark, but I don’t mean simply the absence of light, I mean the absence of everything. I couldn’t see a thing, I couldn’t feel Iliana any more, I couldn’t even smell her. I had liked her perfume straight away, I’d never be able to place the brand or anything, but I would always remember it. Our hands found each others and we tried to stay together. But then the vortex opened, like a black hole and we were pulled into it.

The darkness ceased, it took me a second to blink and to become aware of our new surroundings. Iliana and I were still together, but we were in a courtroom. Not a small courtroom either, a courtroom the size of the arenas that the gladiators would have fought in. The room was filled with demons and monsters, all of which were pretty hideous to look at. A few looked human but had distinctive differences that tore them apart from humanity. Damian sat on a bench on the second row of wooden seats, seated with a few other demons who looked much like himself, minus the leather jacket.

Then to their right was Death. Death sat down on the wood and hammered his scythe down on the stone floor. All talking between the demons ceased abruptly, as a massive demon paraded down to a large throne in the middle of the courtroom. The demon sat down and sighed; he looked into my shocked face and smiled. I knew that it was Beelzebub himself that had looked upon me that day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, comment if you feel up to it