Trust.

One

The newly fallen snow crunched underneath my feet as wandered around outside. It was drawing ever closer to 6 in the AM and the sun was rising. I liked walking at this time of day. It was the only time I felt that I was truly alone and that I had the world to myself. It was the only time I could be myself without anyone seeing or judging me.

The freezing air had slithered it’s way around my scarf causing goose bumps to stand up all along my neck. I tugged on my scarf then glanced up towards the sky. I smiled slightly and breathed in letting the cold air engulf my lungs.

Vermont. It was one of those places that was just so serene to me.

This time of year I always looked forward to. Vacation. Not because of spending time with my family, but just being able to be here in Vermont. I loved the place and I had no idea why. It gave such a sense of peace and calm. I liked it.

I clutched onto the camera that dangled from around my neck. I wasn’t good at photography, or anything for that matter, but it was something I enjoyed. I snapped a few pictures of the snow covered town below me then sat down and settled into the snow.

I scanned through the pictures that were on my camera for awhile until I could feel the melting snow seeping through my pants. I got up then ventured over to the main lodge of the resort. They had hot coffee 24/7 in there and it was just what I needed at the moment.

I made a beeline for the coffee once I entered the building, ignoring the rowdy guys over by the fireplace. I was just about to take a sip of my coffee, but was interrupted by someone running into me. I was knocked to the ground along with my coffee, which was now all over me. I got up and quickly tried wiping the remaining beads of the beverage off of me. It didn’t work to well and to top it off, my camera was soaked. I attempted to turn the camera on but it wasn’t working.

“Oh great” I grumbled, then pushed my hair back out of my face.

“I’m so sorry” Someone said behind me. I turned around and glared at the person. “What the heck were you thinking” I yelled at him. “You broke my camera”

“I’m sorry” He repeated a smirk appearing on his face shortly after. I didn’t understand why he found this funny and I wasn’t sure what to say to him. Surely I would end up getting myself into trouble if I opened my mouth anymore. Instead, I just picked up the now empty coffee cup off the floor, threw it away, then left the building.

“Wait a second” Someone yelled from behind me. I turned around to see on of the guys running after me. I stopped walking and crossed my arms across my body.

“What do you want” I asked once he was standing directly in front of me.

“I was hoping that I could make it up to you. That looks like a fancy camera and Scotty broke it on you” He explained himself. “No thanks” I said without hesitation then continued on walking.

“Wait” He said as he wrapped his hand around my wrist. “I’m Kevin, by the way”

I freed my arm from his grip then said, “That’s nice. I’m gonna go now, though”

This time he didn’t try to stop me. Most people would feel bad for treating such a nice person like that. I didn’t faze me though, not one little bit. Why should it? He would just end up stabbing me in the back anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks a lot to all you subscribers. It means a lot. :D