Moving On

1/1

“I'm sorry, baby. I tried everything! I threatened anyone that I thought would make a difference but,” Adam stopped and sighed, running his fingers through Tommy's hair. “Nothing worked.”

Tommy sighed. He knew it had been too much to hope that he'd be able to go with Adam to Asia. It was a promotional thing, for the new CD so the band wasn't needed. There were other countries, of course, that Adam was going to, but none that he'd been spending more than a day or two in. Except Asia. For whatever reason, the record company had Adam booked there for two weeks, and Tommy was miserable about it. Being without Adam for such a long period of time wasn't something Tommy was looking forward too.

“No, it,” Tommy sighed again. “Its okay. We kinda knew they weren't gonna let me go. I mean, all you really need is Monte, right? I'd just be in the way.”

“You would not be in the way, Tommy Joe!” Adam exclaimed, his eyes wide. “They just, don't wanna spring for the extra fare it would take to move around another person, that's all.” Adam said insistently.

“If you say so.” Tommy said, his tone showing his defeated he was.

“I do, now, how about I show you just how not in the way you really are.” Adam said, one eyebrow rose, a smirk on his lips.

It was different that night, being with Adam. Tommy enjoyed it, like always, but it felt like his lover was already gone. There was no intimacy between them, no tender touches or loving kisses. Just hard, fast, messy thrusts until Adam came inside of Tommy, Tommy left to take care of himself.

That should have been Tommy's first clue that something wasn't right.

Instead, it was the first set of pictures that showed up in his inbox, two days after Adam had left. Tommy cringed when he scrolled through them, all pictures of Adam with some twink of a boy hanging all over him.

“Fuck.” Tommy quickly deleted the email, and the two others containing pictures as well as articles explaining how Adam left with the cute little twinks taking them back to his hotel room and most likely fucking them senseless, before shutting off his computer, turning off his phone and crawling back into bed. He didn't need to see Adam with someone else, didn't want to see his lover with someone else. It hurt to fucking much.

Two days later when Tommy managed to drag himself out of bed and actually turn his phone back on, it literally almost blew up in his hand. With over seventy-five missed calls and nearly one hundred missed texts, Tommy was surprised it didn't.

Not surprisingly, they were all from Adam.

By missed call thirty something, Tommy could hear the frustration in Adam's voice, demanding to know why Tommy was being such a bitch about things, wanting to know why he wouldn't just answer his phone, they were just boys, they didn't mean anything. After hearing that, he deleted them all. Tommy didn't need Adam's shit, not when Adam was the one who'd messed up.

It was another day before his phone rang. It was nearly midnight and Tommy sighed before answering it.

“Yeah?”

Oh, god, baby, finally!” Adam's voice actually sounded worried. “Baby, why haven't you been answering your phone, or returning my calls?”

“Didn't think you'd notice, what with all the pretty boys you've surrounded yourself with lately.” So yeah, Tommy had been keeping up with Adam since he'd left. It seemed his lover had a new boy toy in every new city he was in. The total was up to seven now.

Baby, no. You don't really think I'd, that I'd be unfaithful to you, do you?” Adam asked.

“At this point, Adam, I'm not sure. Because what I'm seeing and what you're saying are two very different things!” Tommy yelled, his cell phone clutched tightly in his hand. “Is that the real reason I couldn't go with you on this promo tour? Is it because you didn't want me along? Or did your management really have an issue with it?” Tommy fought against the tears that were threatening to form in his eyes.

Tommy, I-where is this coming from?” Adam asked, sounding shocked.

“Its coming from all the fucking pictures that show up in my inbox every god damn day, Adam! Every morning I have to wake up to new pictures of you with some new little boy toy and I, I'm just, what am I supposed to think? Huh? Tell me, Adam, what I'm supposed to think?” Tommy was furious.

Baby, I-”

“No, just, stop. Right now, I really don't wanna hear it.” Tommy said and threw his phone across the room.

Tommy sighed, suddenly feeling better than he had all week. Deciding that if that was Adam's choice, other men, then fine, that was how it would be, Tommy wasn't going to sit around anymore and sulk. Because the more he actually thought about it, the more Tommy was sure he and Adam had been growing apart lately. It just wasn't something the blonde bass player wanted to admit to. Who would?

After a long hot shower, Tommy dressed in a pair of clean pajama bottoms and crawled into the guest bed, no longer wanting to sleep in the bed he normally shared with Adam. For the first time in days, Tommy actually slept peacefully through the night.

Waking up the next morning, Tommy was determined for it to just be over and done with. If Adam thought he could do whatever he wanted, then fine. It was Adam's life, and he was welcome to live it however, but that didn't mean Tommy had to stick around and be apart of it.

It took less time to pack his things and load them into a rental car, then it had to move them into Adam's house to begin with. It hurt more than Tommy would like to admit, leaving Adam's home, but Tommy knew if he didn't do it right then, he probably never would and all that would happen would be Adam walking all over him, taking advantage and doing as he pleased. It wasn't how Tommy wanted to live his life.

Locking the door behind him, Tommy smiled to himself. This was the right choice, for him and for Adam. It wasn't like the were forever anyway. Leaving the key under the mat, Tommy made his way down the path towards the car. Things were going to be okay now, better even. Tommy was sure of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Yeah, so, I originally liked the idea I had for this but now that I've written it out, I'm not liking it. Could be b/c of the crappy day I had. But I wanted to write for you guys and I did so yeah, here it is. Hopefully I'll be back on my game tomorrow night. I would say enjoy but eh, whatever. <3