Status: Hiatus

Veni, Vidi, Vici

One

Grace POV
She’d finally gotten it. The gem caught the sunlight and with a graceful movement of her hips, it winked at me, a split second of light burned into my mind. The gesture although unintentional was almost mocking, as if to say, ‘you could never be who I am’, but I had no reason to be offended, for it was entirely true.

Vera Vermont had been telling everyone that she was going to get it pierced, and that her parents were totally OK with it which was strange considering that they held an anti-tattoos-and-piercings fundraiser the previous year. She’d wanted it done because it was quote: ‘wild and sexy’ and totally different from what she was normally seen as. Sort of like an alter ego. Well this alter ego sure had the attention of everything in the parking lot.

The scene seemed to play out in a lethargic slow motion, her tan heels extending out from the car door followed by a pair of mile long smooth legs, tight denim shorts cling to the curve of her hip and then bam, the ring, the mother jewel, the male magnet. Everyone’s heads gyrated towards her direction, jaws dropped, eyes wide and thoughts racing through their heads a mile a minute.

Gone were the current topics of who’d hooked up over summer in the toilets of McDonalds at Port Harbour, gone were the speculations of what classes they’d be put in, Vera Vermont had been put under a spotlight, and the moths were drawn towards it with a rapturous hunger. Even Marc Winston -especially Marc Winston actually- seemed completely enamoured by the half inch rock clinging to her midsection, and was totally unaware of the drool that seemed to be forming at the corner of his mouth.

Perching a pair of delicate shades over her pert nose she strode towards the school entrance, the sea of students in her way parting under her power. As she moved past me, I subconsciously lowered my head to the floor. I tugged at the hem of my shirt, crossing my arm over my chest, almost pretending to ignore her, as if her status, her power and her beauty didn’t affect me, as if I didn’t care.

As I lifted my head again, I found that she’d gone, and everyone was talking louder than ever, electrified by what they’d just witnessed. The buzz of conversation seeped into my head and swished around like a trapped animal, I pressed the heel of my palm to my eyes. Seriously, what was so special about Vera anyway? She probably got the piercing to spite her parents and arouse attention; I bet that was the kind of person she really was underneath that plastic shine.

“Damn it!”

Waking myself from my thoughts, I’d stumbled over my own foot and into a crowd of angry juniors.

“Watch where you’re goin’ !” a blond boy that rather resembled a rat snarled.

I mentally slapped myself for being such a bitch about Vera, and being so immersed in it as well. I suppose she’s a good person, and I know, that no matter what I think of her, she’ll always be the better women.

Image

Marc POV

She had got to be the biggest fucking cock-tease in the world. No that wasn’t the term, that made her sound dirty, like some whore, Vera was too pure, too perfect, she didn’t sleep around, didn’t drink or do drugs, she was perfect, Vera was a fucking angel.

And even if Marc hated those kind of chics, Vera was the exception, the secret one, that is. Even if he hated her, he was in love with her, there was just something that drew him to her, she wasn’t some sleazy slut he’d bang at a crack party, she didn’t have fake tits or fake hair, she didn’t spend her Friday night vomiting the litre of Vodka she’d just had on the side of the road, she just wasn’t his type, and his guys would definitely agree.

But that love bullshit had really gotten hold of him, hell, if he ever had to get married to someone, or even have kids with, Vera Vermont was right at the top of the list in shining gold ink. He’d imagine then together, maybe seeing a movie or having dinner at the rich ass restaurant down the street, they’d be holding hands, and he’d kiss her on the cheek, then her nose then her...

“Dude! You paying ANY fucking attention!” snapped Jake while he slapped his head.
Marc jerked his head to his friend besides him and lifted the corner of his mouth in a mocking smirk.

“What, you actually care about school now?”

“Fuck you dude.” retorted Jake with much less energy.

Rubbing the back of his neck in short lazy circles (one of his most common habits) Marc leant back on his chair and let his heavy eyelids drop so he could continue the fantasy.
Vera would slowly kiss him back and wrapped her soft hands around his muscular biceps. Shit, this was getting too real; Marc had to do something about it before senior year was over. Adjusting the crotch of his jeans, he leaned over to the girl on his other side.

“Psst!”

The raven haired petite girl snapped her head towards his direction in shock and looked back to see if he was directing the gesture to anyone else. Her name was Elle of Emily or something and she seemed like she was pretty friendly with Vera.

“You wanna go out with me?”

Her eyes widened in shock and lust, as if he were a Greek God asking for her hand in marriage.

“On one condition, I need Vera Vermont’s number.”

Image

“C’mon C’mon C’mon, pick up the damn phone!”

Marc tapped his feet with impatience as each ring echoed through the phone. If he didn’t score with Vera, he wasn’t gonna live to tell it.

“Hello?”

Marc breathed out the air he didn’t realise he’d being hold in relief.

“This is Grace Lennon, can I help you with anything?”

“Shit!”
♠ ♠ ♠
hey there :)
i only wrote this because i wanted to make a layout and a banner.
but i hope you like it.
please comment,
any kind of criticism is welcome .
:D