Status: Hiatus

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Four

“Hey there sugar.” drawled Marc as he casually leant one side of his body against the locker next to Vera’s, the famous devilish smile lingering across his face. He’d rolled the sleeves of his tight white tee-shirt up, revealing the tanned hard biceps underneath; he even flexed subtly outlining the shadows of his muscles.

“Oh hey, Marc, right?” she answered with indifference and not even bothering to look at his face.

“Guess you do know who I am huh.” Play it cool, play it cool.

“I’m sure everyone would know who you were Marc Winston” she replied with a cold humourless laugh.

Shit, what the hell was that even suppose to mean? Everyone did know him, so what about it?! Was she coming onto him? Was that how they did it with girls like Vera?

As if sensing Marc’s tongue tied state, Vera piqued up again with a sarcastic cheeriness. “OK, nice talking to you, have a great day Winston.”Before Marc could even choke out a sound, she’d spun around on one foot and walked away with shoulders back and head high.

Vera couldn’t believe what had just happened; it was appalling that Marc would even consider hitting on her. Hadn’t she built up the image to keep guys like him away, not to draw them closer? Vera knew she was better than that, better than the girls who’d trade anything for a roll in the hay with Marc Winston. And it was obvious that they wouldn’t even get anywhere if they did by some unfortunate chance did end up going out. For goodness sakes, that boy had a tattoo, he represented what Vera avoided, the bad boys, the ones that would break your heart, trample over it and then laugh, but most importantly, he was the kind of boy with no manners, no prospect and no future.

Image

Fuck. That. Shit.
He was furious, beyond furious actually, wandering into the realms of enraged. Maybe it was the added cocktail of embarrassment and bitter disappointment that really made him like this. Or maybe it was her flippant disregard for his attention, something that has never in his life occurred before. Or maybe it was just the fact that she didn’t even speak to him for more than thirty seconds. But it didn’t really matter. All this gave him a new perspective though, a new light on the girl that had cut him down so bluntly and walked away as if nothing had happened.

He was now in love with her just so much fucking more.

Completely ignoring his first class, Marc strode with heavy steps around the barren football field. His fists were buried deep inside the pocket of his jeans, clenched with rage but as he walked the breeze stroked its fingers through his hair as if coaxing him into a state of calm. He was just so damn confused about the emotions churning through him, Vera Vermont was like a mystery, a murder mystery, the more intricate the plot, the more he wanted it solved.

As Marc skimmed his gaze over the empty field, his eyes drew towards a small, hunched figure on the bleachers. He could tell that it was a girl by the sandy hair that danced around her face in the wind and her petite, dainty form. She seemed pre-occupied, dreaming in her own world away from the harsh reality of her surroundings. She would stare up at the sky and then lower her head to hands that were entwined in her lap. He wondered what she was thinking and why on earth she was there. Marc suddenly realised that he’d been steadily advancing towards her, it probably wasn’t a good idea but he really needed someone to boost his confidence.

He climbed steadily over the steps towards her. She’d noticed his presence now, and he could tell that she was peering at his figure from the corner of his eye, head tilted slightly sideways in curiosity. When he was two tiers below her, he raised mouth in a lazy smile and took off his sunglasses.

“hey.” He greeted, as if they were old acquaintances that’d just had a falling out.

Marc noticed her eyes widen in astonishment for half a second and then with an almost unnoticeable movement, looked behind her. Marc’s smile widened.

And then with a near-inaudible murmur and faint, tender smile she replied.

“Hey :)"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello there :)
i watched Amelie today, i now want to speak french.
i just had to add that to the last sentence, it needed it too much :)
please comment/subscribe/read :)
please?
and sorry this was kinda short :S