Status: active - updates might be slow though

The Bitch of Gleeing

one

Mercedes was humming to herself as she wondered down the hallway towards her next class, sticking to the wall to avoid as much of the crowd as she could. She adjusted the strap on her shoulder bag as she turned the corner, suddenly colliding with a tall figure, causing them to drop the pile of books an papers in their hands.
“Ohmygosh I’m so sorry!” She exclaimed, bending down to help pick up the scattered papers, and coming face to face with an adorably awkward looking boy she’d never seen before.
“It’s fine,” he murmured, shuffling the now-out-of-order papers in his arms, “Thanks for helping me pick those up though. This is the third time I’ve ran into someone this morning and you’re the first person who’s been kind enough to help me.”

“Yeah, well, that’s not surprising. I’m Mercedes, by the way.”
“Mark. How come you’re not surprised?” By now they had slowly begun to walk down the hallway together, oblivious to the way it was slowly emptying as kids found their classrooms.
“Most of the kids at this school really don’t care about anything other than themselves and being popular. Or staying out of the way of the kids who only care about themselves and being popular. No, the only place you’d find nice people is in glee club.” Mark paused.
“Glee club?” Mercedes looked at him for a moment.
“Do you sing?”

“By the way, what does BTW stand for?” Mr Schuester raised his eyebrow at Brittany as he walked into the glee room, before shaking his head and looking around at the club.
“Where’s Mercedes guys?” He asked, noticing she was missing. Right on cue, she hurried into the room, Mark following sheepishly behind her.
“Hey, sorry I’m late Mr Schu, but I bought a new recruit. This is Mark.” Everyone stopped to stare at them and Mark took a tiny step back.
“Um, cool. Why don’t you show us what you’ve got Mark?” Mr Schuester said, clasping his hands together before going to sit down. Mark glanced nervously at Mercedes. She just smiled and pushed him encouragingly towards the middle of the room before going to sit down next to Kurt.

Mark took and deep breath and murmured something to the band as he grabbed a mic and turned to his audience.

Awful sweet to be a little butterfly.
Just winging over things
And nothing deep inside.
Nothing going, going wild in you, you know.
You're slowing by the riverside,
Or floating high and blue.

Or may be cool to be a little summer wind.
Like once through everything
And then away again.
With the taste of dust in your mouth all day
But no need to know.
Like sadness, you just sail away.

Cause you know I don't do sadness,
Not even a little bit.
Just don't need it in my life.
Don't want any part of it.
I don't do sadness.
Hey, I've done my time
Looking back on it all.
Man, it blows my mind.
I don't do sadness,
So been there.
Don't do sadness,
Just don't care.


Rachel’s jaw hit the floor. This guy was good. And better than that he knew Spring Awakening, which meant he knew musicals, which mean he appreciated theatre, like she did. And suddenly she found herself standing up and singing with him.

Spring and summer every other day
Blue wind gets so lost
Blowing through the thick corn,
Through the bales of hay

Spring and summer every other day
Blue wind gets so lost
Blowing through the thick corn,
Through the bales of hay,
Through the wandering clouds of the dust
Spring and summer


“Well,” Mr Schuester ginned, “Welcome to Glee club.” Everyone cheered as Mark and Rachel smiled at each other. Everyone, that is, but Finn and Mercedes.
♠ ♠ ♠
lyrics - I Don't Do Sadness (Blue Wind) from Spring Awakening.
the layout may or may not suggest that Jesse will appear in this story...
comments are nice :)