Status: I might make a chapter sequel after this =)

You Be the Anchor That Keeps My Feet on the Ground

Does This Deafening Silence Mean Nothing To No One But Me

It was the year anniversary of their break-up. It’s not something most people normally think about. Most people would be trying to move on by now. But there’s no moving on. Not for Derek. Jason was his soul mate. His one and only. And now he was gone. Gone with a note. A note that was only a couple of paragraphs to show for their three year relationship.

Derek currently had Jason’s last words to him clasped in his hand. The paper was soft and wrinkled, the words faded after being held for hours in a dark bedroom. Derek didn’t need light to know what the words said anymore; he had committed the words to memory long ago.

He stared into the fire, hearing the waves crash on the beach behind him. It was something him and Jason used to do together every full moon. A tradition Derek had kept up. The place held many memories for him. Some good, some bad, some wonderful. There was some subconscious hope that maybe Jason would come back one day.

He remembers their last night together like it was yesterday. It was their first time being truly together. They had both agreed to wait. To make it special, to make love, not just give in to lust. Afterwards they had just laid on the beach, cuddling. Jason had whispered in his ear “I love you De-”

“Derek?”

Derek looked around. That had sounded just like-Jason.

“Jason?” whispered Derek,

“Derek, what are you doing here?” confusion, hurt, and other nameless emotions flashed across Jason’s face.

“I like to come here sometimes to think. And it’s the full moon,” replied Derek.

“Why do you still carry on our old tradition?”

“I-I-I have always hoped you would come back for me.” Tell me why you left, what I did wrong,” Derek’s voice started rising in anger as he continued on, “Two years! Two years Jason! Two years we were together and then you just up and leave? And right after you showed me the best night of my life. What was I supposed to think? So I honestly don’t know what I’m doing here right now. I don’t even know you anymore! And obviously I’m not good enough for you so I’ll just leave!” Derek was screaming by now, his eyes filling up, threatening to spill down his face.

“What happened to us?” was all Jason could whisper, staring into the fire, unable to make himself look up at Derek.

“It’s called breakup, ‘cause it’s broken,” Derek gasped before he started to run.

He ran to the top of the cliffs that overlooked the ocean. He spread his arms out and looked down at the ocean furiously pounding the beach below, the storm coming in making everything look dark and menacing.

As he was standing there he heard somebody come up behind him. Jason stayed quiet until Derek turned to look at him.

His face was tear-stained, his eyes red.

“Don’t say that,” he sobbed, “don’t ever say that. You are good enough for me-too good for me. You always have been.”

He held out his hand to Derek, silently begging him to take it. “Please,” he cried.

Derek grasped his hand and Jason pulled him into a tight hug, wrapping his arms around him, pulling him to his body as closely as possible,

“Jason-” Derek started.

“Shh,” murmured Jason, his lips nuzzled in Derek’s hair. It smelled just like he remembered.

“But we need to talk about everything.”

“Yes we do, but not right now. Right now I’m still trying to believe this is happening. That you’re here, with me, in my arms. I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too. Never leave me again?” It was a question, not an order. Derek was as self-conscious as always.

“Not as long as you want me here. Though I can’t imagine why you would.”

“I still love you. Through everything I’ve always loved you.”

Jason’s heart swelled at these words, feeling like it was going to burst out of his chest.

“I love you too,” was all he was able to choke out.

They just stayed there, wrapped in each other’s arms, the storm raging on around them. Neither cared.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first story.
There is not enough Jason/Derek stories.

I might make a sequel story to this so any ideas let me know.

Any criticism would be greatly welcomed.