Status: Beggining!

En El Pueblo (In The Village)

Pilot

A tall, tanned Native American came out of a small cave behind him. Around him, in the small enclosed clearing, were many flowers and tall grass. Huge, majestic rock walls surrounded the outline of the clearing. Trees guarded the top rim of the rock enclosure and bushes hid the spot from passer-bys. A small stream trickled from the rock wall on the East side, and fell in a waterfall into a small collecting pond. behind the waterfall was another small cave, in which any human could hide only himself.

The Indian sat on a stray rock in the small clearing, and began to think. He never was the one to talk. He always watched and listened. Many of his tribe were distant to him, but he almost knew about everything, as he watches and listens.

He only talked to two people in his tribe, and they were Magena, which means Moon, and Tuwa, which means Earth. Tuwa was slightly quiet, but talked much to the girls of the tribe. Magena was both Tuwa's and the Indian's best friend. The Indian did not do much talking, but he had to do some in order to serve his tribe. He only talked to the Chief for anything big. The Indian looked at his moccasins, which had a spider on it. The Indian bent over and placed his finger near the small spider to let it crawl on his hand. When it complied, the Indian set the spider down and it crawled off to it's web-nest, which was not far.

"Hinto? Hinto? Are you there?" Tuwa yelled from inside the entrance cave on the West rock wall.

"I am here." The Indian said, loud enough for his friend to hear.

"But please keep your voice down. I don't want the rest of the tribe to find this place and disturb my peace and its home." Hinto said.

Tuwa appeared from the entrance cave and nodded to Hinto. He sat down on the opposite rock of Hinto, so that they faced.

"Magena talked to me. She asks why you are never around much." Tuwa said, looking around the clearing.

Each time Tuwa came, he was astounded by the view, Hinto thought.

But I am too, Hinto added.

"I've been busy, thinking. The White Men neare Chesapeake Bay are invading our territory and chopping down trees like they were twigs! How can I stand watching my childhood be destroyed by them? We have had peace and only a few small battles with other tribes, but they have disturbed our way of life! Nothing will be the same again." Hinto said, getting agitated.

Tuwa had never heard Hinto say that much since the time before Hinto was being promoted to top warrior, one of the hardest and honorable positions. Hinto was promoted for his thinking, and whenever Hinto spoke, it was always something important.

"Well, I certainly understand, but we had never known there was another land out there, and I think they didn't know either. We must place peace before war. Let us try to compromise with them and ask to stop destroying the land. We could teach them how to use Nature without hurting her. The Great spirit would want us to." Tuwa said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not finished! I will write more later! This chapter is on pause... I will put the next parts in a different chapter to avoid confusion.