Hello Sheffield

25

“Oliver!”

“I’m sorry Liv, I just don’t like that the bird fucked over my friends.”

“Your friends fucked her over Oli, deal with that.”

He was silent for a while, sitting in the shade of the Drop Dead tent. His sunglasses didn’t hide his identity but few people noticed him and the depth of our conversation deterred them. They merely observed him in awe.

“I guess yeh’re right,” he sighed, “I owe the poor girl an apology or somethin’.”

Or somethin’,” I muttered, chuckling. I leaned down to his level and kissed him. Without missing a beat he pulled me into his lap, deepening the kiss before laughing into my mouth.

“It’s cute when yeh try to do my accent,” he whispered, rubbing my nose with his and then releasing me. I bit my lip and then kissed him. He laughed and then I laughed and then Jesse made kissy noises behind us.

“You’re cute always,” I said, smiling cheekily and then bouncing from his lap. He rolled his eyes.

“I’m not cute! I’m sexy and hot, okay?”

“Whatever you say cutie.”

He sighed but didn’t argue further. He usually let me win these arguments. In private he would drag me away, usually to a bedroom, to give me my prize for winning. I never minded that part.

Currently, the inhabitants of Bring Me The Horizon’s tour bus were scattered about. Matty and Becca had gone exploring while Tom had opted to see a band play and take some photos. Kelly and Lee were on the bus talking while Jona paced around outside the bus, waiting.

Last I’d seen of Vegan he was leaning against some van, smoking a questionable substance and laughing at Jona’s distress.

Oli and I had left, opting to be in the middle of a hilarious warzone that consisted of crude jokes and sarcastic comebacks between Jesse and Sam. A lot of kids had stopped originally, getting Oli to sign the things they bought. Eventually he drew back, sulking slightly at my scolding.

“Do yeh wanna get some late lunch?” he asked. I nodded, just out of boredom. I wasn’t that hungry but the catering was worth checking out.

Instead of weaving through groups of teenagers, we walked behind some of the vendor’s tents. They supplied ample coverage and if anyone saw us, the split second wasn’t enough for identification. We made our way to a large tent that housed catering.

Behind the scenes was almost as interesting as the bands playing to me.

Crew members for bands, Warped itself, and the venue ran around shouting things or pushed large objects around. I wanted to lose myself in the hustle and bustle of backstage life. Having never really had a chance to see the way a concert worked from behind the scenes, everything was interesting.

I opted to not go vegetarian today, picking up a burger and earning a patronizing glare from Oli. I shrugged and otherwise ignored his burning look. I ate vegetarian at least 95% of the time; I’d earned some meat.

“What?” I asked after I swallowed. He pushed some corn around on his plate and poked at his veggie burger.

“I don’t like when yeh eat meat.”

“You never complain when I eat yours.”

I could tell he was taken aback. His eyelids fluttered and he sat back in his seat. It took only a second for him to recover, a smirk covering his lips. He leaned into speak in my ear.

“That yeh can have whenever yeh want.”

I smirked to myself and began eating. Neither of us spoke much opting to watch the people rushing around. Kyle and David from Breathe Carolina sat at the far corner of the tent, drinking water and sharing fries, talking deeply.

I flipped through my Blackberry’s itinerary for the day, searching for a band to go see. I found one, Blood On The Dance Floor, and told Oli. He laughed and shook his head at me. I stood and kissed him goodbye, venturing off toward the main stage.

As I pushed through the sweating crowd, the sun beating down on us, I remembered acutely how much music meant to me. It didn’t matter that I was the only person in the crowd over the age of fifteen or that I didn’t know the songs the band would be playing. Music was my life.

When the colorful group stepped onto the stage, I screamed with the crowd and surged forward. I was well on my way to the barrier with the craziness of the kids surrounding me. I felt sweat beading on my forehead as I yelled and pushed people out of my way.

Everything was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry about this filler guys!
I finally finished school and I was just trying to get something out.

Please comment, I was bummed when barely anyone did last chapter.