Destined

Traitor

Traitor.

It all made sense now.

Footsteps against pavement. They’ll find her in a few minutes.

She pulled back her fist and slammed it into the principal’s face. Again and again. He was already long dead.

As were the others.

Someone burst open the door. Strong arms pulled her off. Shoved her viciously out the door. She caused quite the commotion. The hallway was packed with people.

A pair of golden eyes. She barely recognized him. For once, his facial features were marred by a shocked and tortured look.

She looked directly at him and repeated the same word the Nightstone boy did when he saw Ryn.

“Traitor.”

___________________________________________________________________

“I resign.”

“Ryn, have you properly thought this through? You are the best one we’ve got and ever gotten.”

“I can’t stand this anymore. I have already gone to France and gotten the approval of the Council. I’ll be returning to my previous duty. Don’t try to find me.”

“It’s because of that girl they found 2 days ago, isn’t it? Heard she killed all the orphanage higher-ups. So she finally broke you. Well, I guess I don’t have much of a choice. I have to let you go now.

But you know, you probably could have helped the girl if you stayed in the inside.”

“She’s strong. She doesn’t need my help.”

“Or is it that you can’t look her in the eye and forget that it is your fault that she is suffering at the academy?”