Status: A rewrite.

Stories Yet To Unfold

15

“What time is your appointment today?” Rian asked as the two of them sat at the kitchen table sipping on coffee and eating a quick breakfast before waking Hannah up and getting her ready for preschool. She had gone back for her first day the day before and the three of them were getting back into their normal routine of school, work, and Rian’s band business.

“Ten-thirty, I’m about to go and get ready after I wake Hannah up and get her ready for pre school. What do you have planned for today?” She asked as she looked at the man sitting across from her on the other side of the table. He was sipping his coffee and hap his laptop out in front of him.

“Not a single thing.“ During the last two weeks since she and Hannah had been home from the hospital Rian had been spending a lot more time with her. But now that she was pretty much healed she tried not to ask him for too much help, she was more than grateful for all the help he gave her while she could hardly move around. “Wanna go to lunch after your appointment?” He asked her as he looked up from the screen of his computer.

“Sure, want me to call you once it is over and we can meet somewhere?”

“I could just go with you… If you want… If you don’t mind…”

Samantha was a little taken back by the thought that he wanted to some along, but she brushed it off as she replied to him“I would like that.” She told him as she felt a slight blush rush to her cheeks,, she looked down at her plate rather fast hoping he wouldn’t notice the slight color change. She didn’t know what was making her feel this way.

“You nervous about today?” He asked as he took both of their plates over to the sink.

“Extremely, I’m scared shitless.” Rian frowned a little at her then stood up from his seat to walk over to her, he softly pulled her into a hug.

“Everything will be alright. No matter what.” He said to her as he let go of her and looked her in the eyes. “I promise, whatever outcome, I’ll be here to help.”

“I hope you’re right.”

Once they made it to the waiting room Rian took a seat while Samantha headed up to the lady sitting at the front desk to check herself in. When she had finished filling out all of her paper work the nurse told her the doctor would be with her shortly so she took her seat next to Rian and waited to be called. Sam took the time to look at all of the medical posters lined across the walls surrounding them, she looked over at Rian and saw that he was busy typing away on his iPhone. Samantha was pulled out of her thoughts when she felt a hand on her knee stopping it from bouncing up and down. “Calm down, everything is gonna be alright.” Rian told her as she turned her attention to the boy sitting next to her rather than the poster covered walls all around them. He gave her a small reassuring smile and she did her best to return one, but didn’t do a very good job. She couldn’t help but think to herself that when they leave those doors there is a great chance that everything won’t be all right, he could have given her something, there was a chance she could be pregnant. If either if those were the case things were not going to be okay. Her life along with Hannah and Rian’s would turned upside down,.

“Samantha?” A small petite nurse called from the doorway that led down the hall that held the doors to several different examining rooms. Rian stood first and took her hand, helping her up out of her seat before the two of them followed the nurse down the hall. “Here is a gown for you and the doctor will be here in a couple minutes.” She told her as she setr the gown down on the examining table so she could change into it.

Once the doctor made it into the room he quickly got to work and took some blood and checked on her stitches making sure they had finished healing properly. Once he finished examining her and taking her blood and asking the normal questions they went through on an average visit to the doctor’s he let them know that he would be back in fifteen minutes with the results for her tests. The nerves in Sam’s system began to get worse as the time passed by slowly. Rian just stood there by her side watching as the tears started to fill her eyes threatening to spill over. He started rubbing soothing circles on her back trying to calm her down and holding her hand with his free arm. He wanted to sooth her and tell her everything was alright, but he himself wasn’t so sure that it would be, and he had no idea what to even say to her to ease her nerves even just a little.

They both shot their heads up when they heard the door open and saw the doctor reenter the room with her results. Samantha could feel her heart pounding hard in her chest.. “Good news all around kiddo. STD was negative as well as the HIV and pregnancy test. Do you have any questions for me?” Samantha let out a huge sigh of relief, she was more then happy with the results. She looked over at Rian and smiled, it was the first genuine smile Rian had seen grace her face in the past two weeks that this was all going on. He quickly returned it and they turned their attention back to the doctor.

“None that I can think of.” She answered.

“Alright then, you are free to change back into your clothes and go.”

“Thank you.” They both said as they watched the doctor head towards the door.

When the doctor left the room Samantha quickly changed back into her clothes and left the office. Rian grabbed her hand and held as they walked outside towards the car to leave and find somewhere to go for lunch. “I told you everything would be okay.” He told her as they both buckled themselves in before he pulled out of the parking lot.

“I’m glad you were right.” She replied as she watched out her window as they drove down the street.

“Now we can move on and get things back as closely as we can to normal for you and Hannah.” She looked over at Rian and smiled. She was glad he was playing a bigger part in both her and Hannah’s lives now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I suck, sorry for the wait. This holiday season was insane.