A Photograph of You & I

Running Away

Regular P.O.V

"Ville?" I called as I stepped downstairs to the Pirate Bar. He turned at my call from where he was perched on the barstool.

"Yes, Sweetheart?" He asked with a heart-wrenching emotion attached to his voice.

"Are you upset with me?" I asked timidly, afraid of the answer. He turned to face me more fully. He set his beer down behind him and held open his arms, beckoning me to him.

I went right into his arms and he carefully lifted me onto his lap, gently pressing my head against his shoulder and rubbing my hair.

"Not at all." He whispered tenderly in my ear. A shiver ran down my spine from his warm breath swirling around my ear. I reluctantly removed myself from his lap and stood on the floor, albeit on wobbly legs.

"Well that's good, I couldn't leave knowing you were mad." I said quickly, trying to regain some of my composure. I only hoped my face didn't give away how completely weak I was in that moment.

"Leave?" He questioned, standing as well but keeping a distance.

"Yeah, I was only coming home for the holidays. I'm heading back to London in two days." I informed him, while simultaneously making first time plans. I watched as his flawless face fell into despair for what seemed like the millionth time in the last twenty-four hours.

He quickly hid his disappointment. "Well, perhaps we can go get some coffee next time I'm in London; so we can catch up."

I nodded slowly, with disappointment? "That would be nice, Ville."

He smirked and took a long draught of his beer and sauntered past me. His unmistakable scent swirled in the air as he went past and I felt my newly steady knees begin to quake again. I both hated and loved the sensation.

After he'd left the room, I took up the stool he had previously occupied and put my head in my hands. These feelings were just too much to handle.

"So why are you leaving so soon?" A gruff voice sounded from the doorway and I looked back to see the sandy-haired Ryan standing with a look of blatant confusion plastered on his face.

"I-," I began, but failed to see a reason myself. He looked at me sympathetically, as if he knew the answer that I didn't.

"Bam won't be happy to know you're leaving." He told me, taking the stool next to me. He faced ahead, not meeting my gaze but I stared intently at him.

"I know that." I said.

"He'll say you're running away from Ville." Ryan pointed out. I lowered my gaze and hopped off the stool. I felt Ryan watch me go, feeling his confusion.

"That's because I am." I told him quietly as I began climbing the staircase, heading toward the living room.

I could have sworn that as I was leaving, Ryan muttered: "I was afraid you'd say that."

Bam's P.O.V

Once Ryan had gone downstairs I slammed myself down on my overstuffed mattress. I inhaled the smell of the lavender fabric softener and sighed heavily.

Women always made things so goddamn complicated.

Rolling over on my back, I stared at the white sealing and took note of a few new holes that had chipped away the paint, revealing the rather disgusting yellow color that had been there prior to my moving in. I took a pen from my nightstand and began throwing it at the yellow marks.

Growing rather bored with my activity I was glad when a small knock sounded on my door. Ville's thin frame slid through the small opening that was allowed due to the fact a huge pile of clothes had accumulated near the door.

"Hey." I said, sitting up and watching as he tossed a sweatshirt off a chair. He sat down and dug in his pockets. With a satisfactory smirk, he pulled out his cigarettes and a lighter. He lit up before speaking.

"She's leaving, Bam." His deep voice revealed the hurt in his soul.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I exclaimed in my usual excitement. He simply took a long drag on his cigarette and blew the smoke out of his body.

"She's going back to London in a few days." He repeated, speaking slowly, as if I wouldn't understand him.

"No she's not." I defied. He looked at me sadly before nodding in dispute. "She's not running from you again!"

"Yes, she is Bam. We can't stop her."

"No, you just refuse to."

"What makes you think so? You know her as well as I do, when she wants to do something, she does it. No one and nothing can get in her way when she's determined. Even if I did try to stop her, she'd knock me out of the way."

I contemplated his words, knowing he was right. But a light went off in my head after he had said his piece. "Ville, how long exactly did she say she was staying?"

"Two days I believe."

"Then you need to convince her not to go. You need to remind her how much you fucking love her. Then, you need to ask... no, beg her not to go."

"I'm not going to beg, Bam."

"Well then you better convince her within the next two days that staying with you is the right decision. After all," my grin grew wide. "Once she makes a decision, no one and nothing can stop her."

Ville's smile grew to match my own as he snuffed out his cigarette in his beer bottle. "It's nice to see you using that brain of yours for good and not evil." He joked.

"Yeah, trust me.. its coming up with some diabolical things to make up for all this shit you're making me think up so you can be happy."

"Hey Bam?"

"What?"

"Thanks." He said getting up and kicking clothes out of the way of the door.

"Aw fuck, Vil. Save the mush and manners for Aina."

"Will do, Bam. Will do." He said as he shut the door behind him, leaving me to start throwing the pen at the ceiling while I thought of who I could call to cancel Aina's plane reservation.