A Photograph of You & I

To Love and Be Loved

Ville's P.O.V

"I mean for fuck's sake Bam! Why is it, that when everything takes a turn for the better, something comes back to fuck me over!"

I was pacing in Bam's bedroom. He was sitting on his bed just watching my feet travel the same path over and over again.

"Well let me get this straight, she says she's got something huge to tell you? But she won't tell you over the phone...does that mean she's coming here?" His realization made his tone more worried.

"Most likely." I dug another cigarette out of the pack. I had smoked through two packs in the past hour that since we'd returned to Castle Bam.

Aina had fallen asleep on the way back and was now wrapped up in my bed. I longed to join her. To take her in my arms and hold her until the ending of the world.

Unfortunately, this situation with Jonna had to be dealt with first.

"Maybe she just wants to talk things through...and then you can just tell her you're happy with Aina..." Bam suggested, trying to stay optimistic for my benefit.

"Unlikely, if she wanted to talk she would have told me so."

We were silent for a few moments. The only sound was me exhaling smoke every few seconds and the squeak of a floorboard I kept pacing on.

"Vil?" Bam asked finally.

"Yeah?"

"Did you sleep with Jonna at all before you left..." He asked quietly. I stopped dead in my tracks and nearly dropped my cigarette on the floor.

Aina's P.O.V

I was upset.

No, strike that. I was furious.

I was furious because Ville's and my dinner was cut short. I was furious because the reason it had been cut short, was his ex-fiancee.

I had fallen asleep in the back of the Hummer on the way home. Bam and Ville had been whispering quietly to each other, nothing I cared to hear. It was more than likely about Jonna.

When I had woken up, my face was damp. Thin trails of tears had sneaked down my face during my nap. I couldn't remember my dream. Maybe today was the dream.

Though when I saw the dress I'd been wearing draped across the back of a chair, I quickly dismissed that theory.

With a sigh I rolled over and looked at the empty space next to me. Ville was no doubt with Bam. They were like teenage girls sometimes, discussing everything with each other and mulling over details...trying to find hidden meanings in every little thing.

I rolled my eyes at the mental picture I'd painted for myself and shifted my gaze to the acoustic guitar leaning against the wall.

I crawled toward the end of the bed and swung my legs around the edge, the carpet was warm beneath my feet as I quietly padded over to the guitar and picking it up.

I returned to the bed and sat right in the middle, wrapping a sheet around my shoulders and putting the guitar in the correct position in my hands.

I strummed it lightly once, listening to each string making its own sound. Plucking one after the other, letting the music flow without really thinking about it.

"That's lovely." I looked up to see April leaning against the doorframe.

"Thank you." I murmured, setting the guitar next to me and looking up at her expectantly.

"I'm sorry to hear that your dinner ended sooner than you would have liked." She came and sat on the edge of the bed and I curled my knees to my chest.

"Me too."

"Do you need to talk about anything? I heard you crying before..." She was careful to keep her distance.

"I was crying in my sleep I guess." I explained quickly, wishing she'd leave me to my music.

"Alright, well I'm going to go finish making my dinner. If you need anything just yell." She gave me a warm smile and leaned over to kiss the top of my forehead.

"Thanks Ape."

"No problem Sweetie."

She got off the bed and went to the door; I picked up the guitar again just as she opened the door. When she did she gasped.

I looked up and smiled a little. Ville was standing on the opposite side of the door, reaching out for the door handle apparently at the exact time April had opened the door. Her hand fell to her side from where it had been over her heart.

"Hi Ville." She said, catching her breath and moving aside to let him in. He hesitantly walked in and turned back to her.

"Do you know where that son of mine is? I need to talk to him."

"In his room, I believe. That's where I last left him." He replied.

"Okay, thanks honey." She smiled again and walked down the hall toward the stairs. Ville closed the door quietly and turned to me.

"Hey." I said, my voice wouldn't rise above a whisper.

He didn't greet me back. He just walked toward me, his movements incredibly calculated. I set the guitar back down and looked at him expectantly but he still said nothing.

All in one fluid movement, an accomplishment for him, he sat down next to me and brought his lips crashing down on mine; no warning whatsoever.

Whatever inhibitions I'd held for the past few days about his and my relationship were thrown out the window in that moment.

I tangled my fingers in his curly brown locks and kissed him forcefully. His hand gripped the small of my back and pressed me closer to him. He kissed me back with a passion to rival my own, never once letting it falter.

His tongue flicked my bottom lip, begging for entrance into my mouth. I wouldn't permit it however, and I removed my mouth from his, but hovering just above it.

"Ville...what's this all about?" I breathed heavily, caught in the moment far too much for my liking.

"An apology." His deep voice seemed a low growl in his throat.

"All is forgiven." I kissed him lightly on the lips and untangled my hand from his hair. He refused to let go of the grip he had on me.

"Aina, I just want you to know...that no matter what happens..." He stopped, taking his free hand and entwining his fingers with mine. He observed each tiny digit carefully as if committing every detail of our joined hands to memory.

It was with a sharp stab in my heart that I realized on his left ring finger, a cursive 'J' was tattooed.

"I love you." He murmured, his green eyes shining as they met my own in a powerful stare.

I smiled and pressed my lips to his cheek, kissing a trail from his cheek to his ear and pausing when my lips met his earlobe.

"I love you more." I whispered.

In that moment, I had released every last doubt. Knocked down every wall I'd tried to build. Opened myself to the possibility that whatever he and I had could work.

I was allowing myself, for the first time in my life...

To love and be loved.