A Photograph of You & I

Pranks and a Visitor

Two days later
Ville's P.O.V

I was pacing again only this time for a different reason. Bam rolled his eyes at me and threw his hands up in the air, while simultaneously tossing the television remote.

"Ville cut it out! You're making me dizzy and you're blocking the television.

"Well damnit when is she gonna get here?" I asked him. I stopped and sat on the couch, my bouncing leg the only sign of my anxiousness.

"When her mother decides to bring her back." Bam said listlessly, grabbing the remote from his left and changing the channel.

"Well what did they have to do anyway?"

"I don't know, Isabella didn't say anything when she got here. She just went to go talk to Ape in the kitchen."

"And you didn't follow her to hear what was going on?"

"No, I figured I'd save Aina from you smothering her from holding on to her too tightly." He replied. His amusement at how he'd found Aina and I this morning shone through.

"I wasn't smothering her." I mumbled, crossing my arms and willing my leg to stop shaking.

"Oh then what were you doing?"

My face fell to a pout similar to that of a small child. "Cuddling."

He laughed loudly at my answer and expression and shook his head. "Yeah I'll bet."

"BAM!" April's shrill shrieks erupted and echoed through the house. My hands flew to my ears to drown out the sound. Bam only continued laughing.

"Looks like she found the tarantula in her bathroom." He smirked and looked up at the balcony expectantly. April's short, horror-filled screams grew closer and closer as she sprinted out of her bedroom.

"PHIL! BAM! SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!" She screamed. I fought to keep my smirk under control.

I wasn't being malicious but she did freak out a little too much over small things.

Phil came waddling up the stairs from the kitchen below and he looked extremely confused. Don Vito tagged along on his brother's heels, looking completely out of breath from the small exertion of walking upstairs.

"Whatsamatter Ape?" Phil asked, his first words melting into one.

"THERE'S A HUGE SPIDER IN OUR BATHROOM!" She screamed, now sprinting down the stairs.

Phil only had to glance at Bam once to know he was the culprit. I noticed that Vince was chuckling to himself as he set himself down on another couch.

"Well kill it, Ape." Phil told her as if she should have realized that before.

"It's a TARANTULA, Phil!"

"Oh." He said shortly, grabbing a newspaper from the table and following her upstairs.

I looked up to the balcony and saw that Ryan was waltzing out from the direction of April and Phil's room followed by a very creeped out Raab.

"Is this what you were freaking out about April?" Ryan held a plastic container out in front of him with a large smile.

She screamed and hid behind Phil who only smiled at the boys in front of him.

"April calm down it's in the little container." He murmured reassuringly to his wife. She poked her head over Phil's shoulder only to find Ryan opening the cover on the container.

"Damnit, Ryan shut that thing!" Phil admonished and Ryan did as he was told, shoving the plastic box in Raab's hands.

Raab looked ill as he walked past April and Phil toward the staircase after Ryan.

"Hope she doesn't mind the beetles I left in her closet." Bam whispered in my ear. I nearly clapped my hand over my mouth but the shock of what he had said wore off quickly.

He was lucky his parents hadn't killed him yet.

"They're going to get you back one of these days, Bammie." I told him. His focus was on his parents as they walked toward their room.

"Yeah right, like they have the balls to." Bam replied skeptically. I only shrugged.

"Bam willyouchangethedangchannel. Whatereyouwatchingthiscrapfer." Vito complained as he stared at the television. Bam threw the remote at him and it knocked right into his head.

Vito only sighed and collected the remote before switching the channel.

For a few moments the house was filled with nothing but the sounds of the TV and the occasionally shuffling of feet as people moved around the house.

The quiet consumed me, leaving me to wonder when Aina would return from her outing with her mother. It wasn't that I had to know where she was every second of every day...it was that since I'd found her again, I couldn't stand to be without her. She took away a large part of me every time she was gone.

"Wow, she still hasn't found those beetles..." Bam mumbled, while shifting his position on the couch.

"You're lucky she hasn't ye-" My response was cut off by yet another scream.

"BRANDON COLE MARGERA!"

"She found em." Bam smirked.

Later on...

Eight hours was far too long to be gone without a phone call.

Part of me started to believe that she had secretly bought plane tickets and was now on her way home. That she had given only told me what I'd wanted to hear for the past two days. That she didn't really love me like she said she did.

I strummed the acoustic guitar that was in my room and wrote down the tabs for a new song I was in the process of writing. I replaced the pen in my mouth and played around with a few more chords.

This time alone had one benefit at least...

"Knock knock." Bam's voice called to me from the doorway. I looked up and removed the pen from my mouth.

"What?" I asked, my tone more harsh than I'd meant for it to be.

"Aina called."

"What!" I cried. "You didn't tell me?"

"She said she'd be here in like twenty minutes. Her cell was about to die so she couldn't wait for you to get to the phone." He explained.

I sighed heavily and looked at the clock. 6:37 p.m.

"The pizza and Chinese food just got here if you want to eat." He suggested, turning to head downstairs. I hadn't eaten all day and my stomach grumbled at his words.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a minute." I said, writing a few things down on the pad of paper in front of me. He left without another word and I plucked the strings of the instrument a few more times.

Just as I set the guitar down on the bed I heard a knock at the door.

'She's early!' I thought, throwing the covers off my legs and racing toward the door as much as my weakened lungs would allow.

When I looked over the railing to the living room I saw that Bam was on his way to the door. I slowed my pace and walked the remainder of the way to the stairs, barely able to contain my excitement.

The door opened and I heard no words exchanged.

This confused me and I skipped down the remaining stairs two at a time to see why.

As I rounded the corner toward the entryway I understood.

Bam stood there, his mouth hanging open and his eyes wide with something akin to rage and confusion as he stared at the visitor.

"Hi Ville." She said and my body nearly shut down from my anguish at seeing her.

"Hi, Jonna."