A Photograph of You & I

"That Was Lame, Bam"

Jonna's face was unmistakable as she turned to stare me down, relieving my mother from her laser-like gaze. Something about the way she looked at you, was just so menacing - I almost backed down. Almost.

"I came to speak with you for a moment, Aina." She pronounced my name with so much malice, I felt Bam stiffen as he walked to the space beside me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

"We've covered that already Bam." Jonna replied calmly and I contemplated making a run for the Hummer.

"She wants to talk to me." I informed him quietly, my gaze never breaking with hers. Something indescribable danced in her eyes and I knew that the joy accompanying it would only bode badly for me.

"Alone." She confirmed and I released a heavy, unhappy sigh.

"No way I'm leaving you two alone in a room together. There would be no witnesses for when you tear each other apart." Bam said, his voice showing none of the sarcasm that he meant for it to.

"There will be no fighting in my house." My mother said firmly, and I could have tackled her in a hug for her next comment. "Anything you have to say to my daughter, you can say in front of all of us."

Jonna looked suddenly uncomfortable and stiffened noticeably. Amused, I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at her expectantly, waiting for whatever it was she needed to say.

"Well, as you know - Ville and I are starting a family..." She began and I heard Bam snort behind me. He mumbled something akin to 'not by choice', though I didn't catch his exact wording.

Looking a little miffed, Jonna continued. "And there has been some argument concerning you, Aina."

"I haven't done anything wrong, there shouldn't be." I replied easily, more confident with Bam and my mother by my side. I could only imagine how this would have gone without them.

"Well, Aina you have done something wrong. You contacted him."

"She wanted to say goodbye - if you would have stayed the fuck out of this then there wouldn't be any problem would there?" I had to hold Bam's wrist to keep him from advancing on her. She remained composed and I wondered if she even possessed a soul, let alone emotions.

"Nevertheless, I'd appreciate it if you would cease all contact with him. He's my fiancee not yours, and I think that no contact between the two of you would remind him of that fact. You're a small part of his past. My child and I are his future."

Both my mother and Bam had to restrain me this time as I lunged forward, ready to rip her face clean off her skull.

"I think its time you leave, Jonna." Mom said quietly, obviously restraining the anger that was boiling inside her as well. Bam made no attempts at covering his own rage.

"Don't even think about going back to my house Jonna. You aren't welcome there. Ever. Your shit will be on the front lawn in ten minutes. Whatever you don't have is only going to be fuel for the bonfire."

She bit the inside of her cheek, trying very hard to ignore the daggers that were emitting from my companions and myself.

"Remember what I said, Aina." She said quietly as she moved past us toward the door.

"No, Jonna - you remember this." I called after her as she reached her rental car. The two separate grips on my wrists released me as I walked forward.

"You may have his child, his promise to marry you, and control over his life from here on out but know this." I looked back to Bam and he nodded, seeming to understand where I was going with this. Turning back on Jonna I continued.

"I have his love."

Her eyes narrowed and she started the car, peeling out of the driveway and missing Bam's Hummer by inches. I wiped a stray tear that rolled down my cheek. I hadn't even been aware of the salty tears that had collected in my eyes.

My mother looked at me wordlessly and opened her arms so that I could come and hug her. Bam pulled out his cell phone and dialed a few numbers. Whoever answered was instructed to toss out all of Jonna's things - and to tell Ville to stay put.

"I'm going to go get him." Bam said after he hung up his phone. I pulled away from my mother.

"Please Bam, don't."

"No, I'm taking him to another hotel and he's coming with me to London. I'm going to figure this thing out."

"You promise I won't have to see him?"

"I swear."

The promise in his eyes was unmistakable and I nodded slowly, reaching for him and pulling him into my tiny arms.

"I'll call you the second I land tomorrow." I said quietly.

"I'll more than likely be waiting at your place. No Ville." He added quickly, seeing the apprehension in my eyes.

"It's a little weird, isn't it. Like Ville's some fugitive we need to keep hidden." I mused, a small smirk creeping on my face. He chuckled as well.

"Yeah, he was convicted of stealing your heart with intent to cherish."

"That was so lame Bam."

"I try."

"Well I'm going to go finish packing. I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"No I'll call you later tonight."

"Alright." He stepped off the porch and headed toward his vehicle as my mother and I walked back into the warm refuge of her home.

"Aina?"

"Yeah?"

"I think you're going to be just fine."

Ville's P.O.V

I hadn't moved in hours. Or was it minutes? I wasn't really sure anymore. I'd spiraled deeper and deeper into a horrid depression that seemed inescapable. Time meant nothing. Breathing meant nothing.

Thundering footsteps on the stairs jolted my thoughts from their refuge in the dark and brought them back to reality. I sat up and looked at the door expectantly. Something told me I was about to be summoned.

The thick door flew open revealing Ryan and Raab standing together, panting.

"Did you want something?" I asked sarcastically, as though it weren't glaringly obvious they did.

Ryan swallowed and breathed out his reply. "Bam wants you to have your shit ready to go. He's coming to get you." Raab moved past Ryan and me and picked Jonna's bags out of the pile.

"What's going on?"

"Long story, we'll explain later. Just make sure you've got your stuff ready and waiting."

"Okay..." I replied hesitantly, grabbing my things.