A Photograph of You & I

Good Ol' Dico

Aina's P.O.V

My mother woke me up the following morning, dressed and ready to drive me to the airport. I felt a little guilty that I'd forced her into waking me up but God and everyone knows that alarm clocks and me are not very good friends at all.

I glanced at the remnants of the alarm clock that had been here on my first night of banishment from Bam's. I'd chucked it at the wall when it went off at six in the morning.

"Come on baby, your flight leaves in two hours."

"Yeah, I'm up. I'm up." I repeated more to convince myself that I was indeed, conscious.

"I'll start putting your things in the car." She said, pressing her lips into a tight line and looking around my bedroom.

"No Mum, really it's okay. I'm throwing on some sweats, brushing my teeth, putting on eyeliner and I'm ready to go. I can beautify when I get there."

She sighed heavily and nodded. "I'll go get us some coffee then."

I smiled - every memory of the past few weeks having dissipated in my half-awake state. It was nice to be freed from the constant nagging reminders of your mind telling you that you'd just lost the best thing you'd ever have.

I stripped my old clothes off and shoved them in a plastic bag while hunting for a pair of black running pants and a hoodie. I wasn't about to sit on a flight for a bazillion hours and not be comfortable. Just as I was stuffing my old clothes into a suitcase I noticed my phone flashing on the floor. I chuckled to myself realizing that Bam had probably left at least eight messages before giving up on calling me last night.

I flipped it open to find that he'd left only seven messages and four texts. I shook my head as I called my voicemail and listened for the messages to start.

Only, they weren't in the voice I'd expected.

In fact, they were in the last voice I'd wanted to hear.

Ville's.

"Aina - I really want to talk to yo-" I slammed the phone shut and stuffed it in my hoodie pocket. Almost on cue, it began to vibrate again but I didn't make any attempts at answering it.

"Here's your coffee, Sweetheart. I put it in the travel mug so we can get going faster." I was in the midst of tying my hair into a ponytail and graciously accepted the cup and put it to my lips. It burnt my tongue and I removed it quickly, smiling weakly.

"Thanks Mum."

I set the coffee down on the nightstand and went to the bathroom to go and brush my teeth. My mother followed me and leaned against the door frame like she used to when I was younger and she knew something was bothering me.

"Did you talk to Brandon last night?"

I put some toothpaste on my toothbrush and kept my eyes down. "Nope."

"Why not?" I added a little water to the mix.

"Didn't feel like it." I put the toothbrush in my mouth, temporarily silencing me.

"Ville was the one calling you know. He called here a few times." I continued brushing.

"He really wants to talk to you again. I told him it was up to you, but I also said that I'd strongly encourage you not to break off all ties with him again."

I spit in the sink, rinsed it, and continued brushing.

"It wouldn't hurt anyone if you two remained friends. And who knows, maybe this kid will turn out to be someone else's. Or Jonna will realize that she doesn't belong with Ville."

I snorted and nearly inhaled the toothpaste in my mouth. My mother - always the optimist. I spit for a final time and rinsed the sink out while filling a little cup to rinse my mouth out.

"Jonna isn't stupid enough to let go of him without a fight." I said, swallowing the contents of the cup, swishing it around and spitting it out.

"No, she isn't." My mother agreed finally as I turned to face her. "But are you?"

Bam's P.O.V

I sighed, annoyed, and flipped my phone shut. I glared at the depressed lump that I had taken to calling my idol. "You called so many damned times that she won't answer my calls now."

"I wanted to speak with her. I miss hearing her voice..." He replied softly, while gazing out the hotel room window. We were both waiting for the car I'd called to bring us to the airport. Our flight was leaving about an hour after Aina's was. I personally wasn't thrilled about the amount of time we'd be spending in that flying can - Ville seemed as though he could care less.

"Well if this works correctly, then you should be seeing her in less than twenty-four hours. Ryan, Raab, and Dico left last night with Jonna. You and I are taking a flight that leaves an hour after Aina's does. If Dico can find her, distract her long enough, and keep her there until we land - then that leaves you two reunited once more." I told him, pleased with my own genius. I was a little miffed when he shook his head.

"She won't want to see me."

"How do you know?"

"She won't answer your calls Bam, because she thinks it's me. Look at the facts."

"She might be busy. Ever think of that, Sherlock?"

"No, but I get the feeling that isn't the reason."

"Oh shut up. If she sees you and bolts then we've got a serious problem. How about we wait and see how she reacts before getting all pessimistic."

'Or too optimistic." He grumbled, getting up from his seat and grabbing two bags.

I looked at him curiously. "The car is here." He said.

"Oh, okay." I grabbed a few bags myself and followed him to the elevator.

Aina's P.O.V
Nine hours later

I trudged out of customs with my carry on bag on my back. If I were much smaller I definitely would have tipped over from the weight.

I really needed to start travelling lighter.

"Aina!" A familiar voice called out and I began looking around me for the source. It just couldn't be who I thought it was.

But it was.

Dico was winding in and out of the newly deplaned passengers who looked more than pissed off that they were being shoved every which way.

"What the -" I barely whispered before he was tackling me in a bone-crushing hug. A few people looked at him disapprovingly and continued on their way. I rolled my eyes at them, wondering how long it had been since hugging in public was considered offensive.

"Jesus, I thought I wasn't going to be able to find you."

"Where's everyone else?"

"Oh I see, you want to see everyone else, but not good 'ol Dico. I GET IT!" He yelled obnoxiously, pretending that he was deeply hurt.

"Oh come off it, you know I didn't mean it like that."

"Yeah, I know. Anyway - Bam is landing in two hours. He texted me and said he'd meet us at your place since his flight would be delayed."

I nodded and walked over to the luggage claim. "Is he alone?" I asked, searching for my bags.

"As far as I know..." He replied though he didn't meet my gaze.

I tried my best to ignore the feeling in the pit of my stomach that told me I'd be seeing Ville very, very soon.