A Photograph of You & I

Homecoming

Bam's P.O.V

"Ugh I thought that damned flight would never end." I groaned as I stepped through the doors separating customs from the main area of the airport.

"Yeah." Ville replied absently, fumbling with his cell phone.

"Who ya calling?" I asked and he looked torn.

"I'm not sure yet. I feel like I should call Jonna, but I want to talk to Aina."

"I think you should put that damn thing away."

He only glared at me and I held my hands up. "Fine, I'll go get the bags. Meet me by those benches." I said, pointing to a large cluster of unoccupied benches and he nodded.

While I waited, I pulled out my own phone about to dial Aina's number. Deciding against it since Ville might be calling her, I shoved it back into my pocket - looking expectantly for the five bags we'd brought with us.

As soon as I picked out one of the bags and set it on the floor, Ville came shuffling over to me slowly. He seemed to carry a burden even larger than before.

"Who'd you call?"

"No one. They called me." He answered tiredly. I looked out of the corner of my eye as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Jonna called my parents this morning and told them. My mother is livid that I hadn't called her with the 'good news'."

I rolled my eyes. "Count on Jonna to make things even worse on you."

"It's like she's trying to make sure that I am one hundred percent miserable."

"Obviously, otherwise we wouldn't be here and you and Aina would be going at it like rabbits back at my house."

"I highly doubt that one Bammie."

I only rolled my eyes again and picked up another two bags that passed us.

"So are you going to call Aina or Jonna?"

"Well...I doubt that Aina will talk to me. And I don't want to talk to Jonna."

"For fuck's sake Ville, go call Aina before I staple that phone to your head and dial the number for you."

This time he rolled his eyes and gave me a heavy sigh. "Fine."

I picked up the last two bags and followed him as he headed toward the doors. He took two from me, and I slung the backpack over my shoulder.

'I really should have brought another person to take care of this shit...' I thought idly as I looked around for an empty taxi.

"Damnit." Ville hissed under his breath. I opened my mouth to speak but he continued talking as he dug around in his pockets, probably looking for a pack of cigarettes. "She changed her voicemail message."

"What did it say?"

"And I quote: 'Bam, if this is you calling - I'm going to personally castrate you for sending Dico to get me. Ville, if this is you calling - hang up now.'"

"Ouch."

"I'm telling you Bam. You wasted a trip and money. She's not going to come around. There's really no reason she should."

I glared at him. "You know what?" I slammed the bags down in a puddle. "I'm sick of your fucking pessimism Ville. You know that you aren't meant to be with Jonna! Aina is your girl. You were put on this earth to be with that girl Ville and the same damn thing is true of her! And I'll be damned if I don't help you fix things!"

The cigarette that had been casually dangling between his lips now fell to the ground and was snuffed out by the puddle it landed in.

"Now," I continued. "Are you gonna work with me or against me? Because either way, things are going to turn out how I want them to."

He seemed a little shaken for a moment. It shouldn't have surprised him that I would get this excited over something that wasn't mine to get excited over. Finally he nodded slowly.

"Let's get our girl."

I smirked and picked up the bags. "Let's get your girl."

Aina's P.O.V

I stepped through the threshold of my very familiar apartment. It wasn't quite home but it was as close as I could get this far away from the place I really called home.

I refused to think of those arms I truly considered home, again.

"Woah." Dico muttered taking one look around the apartment. I had never thought it was anything special. Just a few bright wall colors and black furniture. I'd never been one to enjoy clutter.

"What?" I asked, confused by his expression. He began feeling around his pants and I was suddenly very concerned. Finally he pulled out his sleek black cell phone and pressed it to his ear. Apparently my look of anxiety had betrayed my thoughts and he laughed a greeting into the phone.

"Hey Bam." A pause. I set myself down on my sofa and let myself sink into its marshmallow-like cushions.

"Yeah, we're at her apartment." Dico continued. Another pause. "Yeah. Whatever. We'll meet you there tonight. Yeah. Bye."

My head shot up. "Excuse me?"

"What did you fart?" Dico's comment was so quick that had I been paying close enough attention I probably would have burst out laughing.

"What? No. You said 'we'll meet you there tonight.' Does 'we' include me?"

He looked at me as though I'd asked if the sky was blue. "Duh."

I smacked my hand to my forehead. "I've been back in my house less than five minutes and I have to get ready to leave again?"

He shrugged and then picked up a couple of my bags and wandered down the hallway. "You've got like...an hour before you really have to get ready to leave."

"Oh well that's a relief." I muttered sarcastically as I got up to get some of the bags he left behind.

"Holy fucking huge bed!" Dico exclaimed from down the hall and I repressed a giggle, emitting a snort instead.

I turned and walked down the hall and found Dico try to make angels in the sheets. Upon hearing my approach he jolted up and grinned. "So how many times a day do you get laid to need a bed this large?"

"Oh you know, I just go stand outside on the corner and the boys just flock to me."

He eyed me and said, "I knew it. Whore."

"I know, I'm ashamed." I joked.

He shook his head with disappointment. "And yet I still can't get you in bed. What do all those other guys have that I don't?"

"Something worth talking about?" I laughed and he covered his 'area' protectively.

"Shh...don't let Little Dico hear you."

I burst into hysterics and set my bags down near my dresser. I looked up to Dico who patted the space on the bed with a seductive grin on his face. I rolled my eyes and smirked as I walked over and sat next to him. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and leaned his head into mine.

"You know, I think things are gonna go up from here. And no, I'm not talking about Little Dico." I snorted at his remark.

"What makes you think that?" I asked.

He tapped his temple. "Because I know something you don't."

I looked at him suspiciously. "And what is it?"

His grin grew exponentially. "That my dear, is a surprise."

I sighed heavily and covered my face with my hands as I fell backward on my bed. "Great," I mumbled. "Another surprise."