A Photograph of You & I

Ruined Surprise

Ville's P.O.V

"Jonna I'll be home soon. Bam wanted me to go with him to do some things." I mumbled into my phone, not wanting to deal with her at the moment. I knew it was terrible to think badly of the woman who carried my child but I couldn't stop the utter loathing that poured from my body for her.

"What? Bam came with you? Babe, what were you thinking? This is supposed to be our time!"

"Look, Jonna. I'm sorry. He just decided to come to town, he has the right to go where he wants."

She scoffed and began mumbling something incoherently. I rolled my eyes and looked at Bam who was stifling laughter. I glared at him.

"Listen, I've got to go. I'll call you later."

I hung up before she could start bitching any more.

"I'll bet she's pissed." Bam murmured as he stopped texting whoever and put his phone away.

"Of course she is."

He let out a small chuckle. "Well, the good news is that Dico is with Aina right now. They're both going to meet us at this club tonight and you're gonna play."

I shot him a look. "What?"

"I already set it up with Linde, Mige, and Gas. Burton still hasn't gotten back to me but he'll obviously be in. So it's a done deal. You just have to show up and sing. We'll take care of the rest."

I sighed heavily and pinched the bridge of my nose. "What have I let you get me into."

He scoffed. "You got yourself in this mess a long time before I showed up. I'm just doing the damage control."

This time it was my turn to scoff. "I wasn't in a mess before you brought her back, Bam."

He laughed out loud this time and much to my dismay had to actually sit down on the bed in his hotel room before he fell down on the floor.

"Oh, shut up." I mumbled, crossing my arms like a four-year-old. I walked toward the double French doors that led to a considerably large balcony that was off the main room of Bam's suite.

I pulled the pack of cigarettes from my pocket and fished around in the other pocket for my lighter. When I finally produced it, I placed a cigarette between my lips and lit up, inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly.

Gazing over the street, I smiled at a pair of young lovers I saw. Their love absolutely radiated from their beings, seeped from their every pore. With a sigh of utter longing, I flicked the ash that had grown on the end of my cigarette.

The doors opened quietly behind me. Silence in itself was a feat for Bam, I was surprised when he slowly leaned into my peripheral vision. His arms were folded on the gate enclosing us in the balcony and he too, was looking on at the young couple who was now standing outside of what looked to be the woman's home.

I felt so intruding as I watched the moment that, in itself, was so private and yet so beautiful. Bam cleared his throat and then turned to look at me. I looked at him expectantly as I snuffed out my cigarette and flicked it off the edge of the balcony.

"You should probably stop by Jonna's before tonight." Bam mumbled.

I nodded, having already considered this. "She's going to be pissed that I'm taking off so soon."

"Probably. But it's your job, Vil. She can't stop you from doing what you love."

I raised an eyebrow. "I wouldn't be surprised if she chained me to the foundation."

He snorted and shook his head. "Well, I'll take you down there now and arrange for someone to pick you up."

"What are you going to do?"

He smirked. "I've got a girl to go rescue from the clutches of Dico."

I actually cracked a genuine smile. "I hope everything goes okay tonight."

"Pff, of course it will. When have any of my plans ever not worked out?"

I opened my mouth to answer but he slapped his hand over my mouth before I could utter a syllable. I closed my mouth and he pulled his hand away.

"That was a rhetorical question."

I laughed. "Let's just go down to my house so I can get this over with as soon as possible."

"Good idea."

Aina's P.O.V

I stepped out of the shower and blindly fished around for the towel I had set out. When my hand made contact with the fluffy material, I quickly wrapped it around my body and rubbed the water out of my eyes.

Soft knocking came from the other side of the door and I sighed, aggravated.

"What do you want, Dico?"

"I'm bored." He whined obnoxiously.

"Probably." I muttered under my breath. I picked up the clothes I'd brought into the bathroom with me and began dressing. "Go watch the television or something."

"Pff, I can't find anything good on!"

I rolled my eyes. "Then wait two seconds for me to get dressed and we'll find something for you to do."

"One...Two." He replied childishly.

"Dico if you don't go sit your ass on that couch I swear I will have no choice but to tie you to some large, heavy object and leave you there all night."

I heard retreating footsteps and smiled at my small victory.

A few moments later, I emerged from the bathroom fully dressed. My hair hung in wet, loose curls to just past my shoulders. I hadn't noticed how much it had grown since September when I had cut it.

"Good, you're out. Bam just called." Dico murmured as he tossed the remote off to the side. "He's on his way here."

I felt a small smile creep across my face. No matter how upset I was that another surprise was on its way, I could never be completely upset that Bam was coming.

"Oh so you're gonna be happy to see him and not me?" Dico's offended voice rose in mock hysterics. I grinned and nodded just to tease him. He crossed his arms and stuck his lower lip out in a pout.

"You better go finish getting ready." He mumbled miserably. I raised an eyebrow.

"Well where are we going?"

His pout faded. "I'm not telling you. Just go get ready."

"What do I have left to do?" I asked, glancing at myself in a mirror on the wall.

"I don't fuckin' know what females do to get ready for concerts...shit! You didn't hear that!"

I grinned. "A concert?"

"NO! You didn't hear that! It was all just a figment of your imagination." He jumped up and clasped his hands over my ears.

"Pff, yeah. A figment of my imagination."

His hands fell limp by his sides and he glared at me. "If you tell Bam that I told you..."

"You'll what?"

"You'll just regret it, that's all I'm saying." His face grew lighter and he smiled. "Now go get ready." He pointed toward my bedroom.

I turned on my heel and followed instructions. I went to my dresser first and grabbed my eyeliner. Just as I was putting it to my eyes, a loud and frantic knock sounded at the front door.

"I'll get it!" Dico called out. I quickly traced my eyes in eyeliner, getting the suspicion that Bam had finally arrived.