A Photograph of You & I

Potential For Disaster

"Come on bitches! We've got places to go!" Bam declared as he burst through the door. I set down my eyeliner and slipped on a pair of flats as I emerged from my bedroom.

Bam turned and smiled at me fleetingly, before he turned to Dico and leaned toward him to whisper something in his ear.

Sighing, knowing that they would never tell me what they were whispering about, I opened the door to the hall closet and took out my jacket.

"Alright." Dico said out loud. He turned to me and waved. "I'll catch you later, Aina."

"Bye, Dico." I waved back, reaching to the very back of the closet to find a bag. The door slammed shut, leaving Bam and I left alone.

"What, are you not happy to see me?" Bam asked, approaching me with open arms. I gave him a small smile before hugging him, letting myself fall into the easy comfort of his arms.

This was the Bam I loved, the warm Bam, the one who didn't live to cause trouble. He sighed happily before grabbing my shoulders and pulling me away from him gently.

"Bet you weren't expecting to see me so soon huh?"

I shook my head. "Nope. What are you doing here anyway?"

He scoffed. "As if Dico hasn't already told you."

"You should know better than to tell him anything that is meant to be kept a secret." I replied, shrugging into my coat.

"Maybe that was part of the plan." He answered mischievously.

"And what else does that plan entail, Bammie?"

"Now what kind of friend would I be if I ruined all of your surprises?" He asked, draping his arms around my shoulders and leading me toward the door. I quickly grabbed my keys and phone off the counter.

"A better one." I muttered. He only laughed in response.

"Well, you're just going to have to settle with second best as far as friends go." He said, still chuckling.

Ville's P.O.V

I opened the door to the apartment I shared with Jonna and prepared myself for the inevitable torrent of snide remarks that would come out of her mouth.

"Ville, is that you?" She called out. I resisted the incredible urge to respond with something that would end up getting me called a smart ass.

"Yeah." I called back, shutting the door behind me and heading toward the bedroom without seeking her out.

I heard her quick and careful footsteps coming down the hallway after me. I didn't stop until I walked through the bedroom door and reached the closet.

"What's up?" She asked casually. I looked at her for a moment and then returned my attention to my wardrobe.

"I've got a show tonight." I mumbled quickly, peeling off my shirt in favor of a cleaner one.

"No you don't." She replied easily, sitting down on the bed. I sighed and looked at her in annoyance. I walked to the dresser and looked through it's drawers for a clean pair of pants and boxers.

"Yes, I do, Jonna."

"Ville, I called your mother."

"I know you did."

"She wants us to go to her house for dinner tonight..."

I shot Jonna a look and sighed as I pulled my cell phone from my pocket. I dialed my mother's number quickly. Jonna, guessing my actions suddenly was right next to me.

"Oh, can't you just take one night off? For us?" She rubbed her flat stomach and gave me her best pout. Unfortunately for her, there was only one pout that worked on me, and it wasn't hers.

"I have an obligation, Jonna."

She flopped down on the bed angrily. There was nothing but ringing on the other end of the phone connection.

"Tell my mother that I'll stop by tomorrow, I'm sure you'll be in contact with her." I smiled icily at her as I walked into the bathroom to change quickly.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and noticed the dark circles under my eyes. I quickly stripped off my old clothes and began putting my fresh ones on.

"Ville..." Jonna knocked softly on the door as I zipped up my jeans. I grabbed my belt and began looping it through the holes as I unlocked the door.

"What?" I hissed as I opened the door.

She looked up at me innocently. "Is Aina going to be there tonight?"

I felt my heart skip a beat. "I doubt it," I lied quickly.

"Good," she smiled sweetly. "Then you won't mind me going with you."

She turned on her heel satisfactorily as she went to her own dresser to get new clothes to change into. I opened my mouth to object but knew that if I did, she would suspect that I had lied to her and go anyway.

"I need a smoke." I muttered as I grabbed my jacket from the bed and shrugged into it, finding my phone instead of my cigarette pack in the pockets.

I dialed Bam's number quickly and pressed the phone to my ear. After two rings, it connected and I waited for a response.

"Hello?"

The voice on the other end shook me slightly. It wasn't Bam's that was for sure.

"A-Aina?" My voice trembled just slightly and I thought I heard a slight sigh from her end.

"One second, Ville." She said, shortly -- her voice was void of emotion.

I opened my mouth to stop her from handing the phone off, but the words died in my throat. I thought I heard her mutter something about how Bam was in deep trouble.

"Hey, Vil."

I shook myself and sat down on the stairs outside. "Hey Bam." I tried to keep my voice even.

"Guess who's on their way?" He said in a sing-song voice, more than likely taunting Aina.

"There's a big problem, Bam," I said quietly, but he continued to talk over me.

"Me and Aina! Although she's got a bitchy look on her face right now...but you'll both thank me for this later..."

"Bam!" I shouted into the phone and he quieted.

"What?"

"I said, we have a problem."

"How could we have problems? Aina is strapped in a vehicle going 60 miles per hour with no hope of escape --" She shouted some profanity at him. "--what could possibly go wrong?"

"Jonna invited herself, that's what."

He was absolutely silent for a second. "Shit."