A Photograph of You & I

Kicked Out

Aina's P.O.V

It was nearly midnight before I was shooed out of the house by a very reluctant, semi-wasted, Bam. I said my good-byes to everyone and wondered how I survived so long without them. With a stab I realized something.

That I barely could survive without them.

With a heavy sigh, I pushed my misery aside and embraced the fact I'd spent the day with the very people who meant most to me.

Well, with the exception of one. But he was long gone by now; all connections with him and my past life were severed.

"Aina, what the hell's wrong?" Bam asked, noting my silence as he escorted me to my car.

"Just thinking Bammie. You should try it sometime." I said, my usual sarcasm returning to my voice. He smiled at my sudden change in character though I wasn't stupid enough to think he didn't know what was really up.

"Thinking is overrated." He replied grinning. He took a long swig of his beer and we finally reached my car.

"So what happened to Raab tonight? He kinda just disappeared..." I mentioned casually. I had a feeling it had something to do with whatever was barring me from the house for so long.

"Had some errands to run I guess."

"And you let him take the Hummer?"

"Yep."

"That thing is your pride and joy; you wouldn't let him take it to run errands and you know it."

"So."

"So, I'm not gonna get a straight answer from you am I?"

"Not a chance." He smirked and opened the door to my car.

"You gotta get going, I've already been holding your surprise up by about six hours." Bam said.

"Kicking me out already?" I asked, feigning the hurt in my voice.

"Yes, and may I be hit by a bus for it!" He proclaimed, squeezing his eyes shut as if expecting something. I kissed his cheek and climbed in my car.

"Five days." He reminded me seriously.

"Four."

"What?"

"Its 12:01 in the morning."

"Don't be a smart ass."

"I learned from the best." I grinned, slamming the door and turning the key in the ignition.

"FOUR DAYS!" Bam screamed as I sped down the driveway. As I left the long driveway to the main road I saw Bam's Hummer getting ready to turn in. Instead of stopping to say 'bye' Raab pushed down whatever was in the passenger seat and slammed on the gas. I shook my head and started to head home.

Ville's P.O.V

"Raab can we please just go to the house now?" I whined. I was being a prick and I was fully aware of that fact. Still, I persisted.

"Not until Bam calls." He replied, sounding like a parent speaking down to an annoying child. He chugged down the rest of his beer and raised his hand for another one.

For once, I wasn't in the mood to drink. I just wanted to crawl into a bed and sleep for days and days. Unfortunately that would be an impossibility where I was staying and any amount of rest I was allowed would be welcomed with open arms.

"But its 11:30. I've been here for about four hours and I want to go sleep this jet lag off." I persisted, being as annoying as I could manage.

"Fine." Raab responded throwing down a few bills and getting up.

I got up in one fluid movement and followed him out to the Hummer. Just as we settled into the car, Raab's cell phone rang.

"Hello?" He answered it quickly. It was obviously Bam. He continued on with the conversation for a few moments, making me even more curious about what they were hiding from me.

At last, he hung up the phone. "We're allowed home."

"Good."

Raab pulled out of the parking lot and sped down the main street of West Chester. I marveled at how he wasn't stopped by the two cops we passed but I assumed that the ostentatious vehicle was disregarded by the police strictly because its owner was known to do far worse things than do 20 miles per hour over the speed limit.

"So are you excited for the party?" Raab asked, he was teeming with a secret.

"I suppose. I'm rather anxious about this 'surprise'." I replied slowly.

"You're seriously gonna shit yourself when you see it."

"I bet."

The car ride remained silent until we approached Bam's driveway. An unfamiliar car was pulling out and I strained to see who it was in the darkness.

"FUCK!" Raab yelled as he shoved my head down.

"WHAT THE HELL!" I yelled as I was shoved low enough that I could have licked my shoes if I were so inclined.

"Stay down." He hissed. I complied only because I had no other choice.

After a second he let me back up. I glared at him. "What the fuck."

"Sorry, that was your surprise."

"So its a person?"

He responded too quickly. "No."

"I thought so." I replied.

As we came to a stop, I watched as Bam came careening out of the house followed by five other men. Just that sight warned me that once again, I'd stepped foot into a completely different world.